Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Top 10 worst movies of 2017

What are the top 10 worst movies of 2017 in your opinion?

I'm pretty selective of my movie going, so I didn't really see any movies that I thought were completely terrible. Justice League was probably my biggest disappointment, though I really should have been prepared.

Like C_Miller, I don't go see movies I don't think I'll at least be entertained by, so i would have no idea what the worst ones are.
    Of the ones I saw, I was most disappointed by The Last Jedi, while the least one quality-wise (though it was still entertaining) was American Assassin.

Lego Batman was pretty dumb, I thought.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Kingsman: The Golden Circle was just such a major let down to me. How you can have the same writers, directors, and stars and produce a movie that is not even half as good as the 1st one just baffles me.

You want bad though it is hard to beat Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. That movie watches like it was written and directed by people who were snorting cocaine non stop while they filmed, and just had no idea what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Kingsman: The Golden Circle was just such a major let down to me. How you can have the same writers, directors, and stars and produce a movie that is not even half as good as the 1st one just baffles me.

You want bad though it is hard to beat Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. That movie watches like it was written and directed by people who were snorting cocaine non stop while they filmed, and just had no idea what they were doing.
    Unbelievably trash. I couldn't believe how wasted everyone was in it and how poor the CGI looked for such a big budget.
    Superhero shows are trash

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Unbelievably trash. I couldn't believe how wasted everyone was in it and how poor the CGI looked for such a big budget.
    I was pissed off when they killed Roxy and JB, but then to turn around and kill off Merlin too just really pushed me over the edge from disliking the movie to flat out hating it. I don't even care about spoiling it for people because no one should bother watching it anyway.

Resident Evil the Final Chapter

A lot of people don't like the Resident Evil movies, but I've always found them fun. Even while I know they aren't good movies, they're at least entertaining.

The last one though, it just has nothing worth recommending in it.

Spoilers be here.

They explain who the Red Queen is again and it's completely different from the last time they explained it.

The last movie revealed that the main villain was working for Wesker, and this movie it's plot point (and by Plot Point I mean Scene ripped from Robocop) that Wesker is working for him.

Despite having no memories, working with a bunch of clones of herself, and seeing a freaking factor that mass produced clones of her, our main character is completely shocked and in disbelief of the fact that she's a clone.

The airborn Virus cure they introduce drops the zombies as suddenly as Weird Al's Rambo machine gun in UHF ... and that was more believable.

And a HUGE HUGE problem is that the last movie gathered all the main characters together in Washington DC, heroes and villains alike, for a last stand against the zombies. This movies takes place apparently years later Washington DC is rumble, and we never find out anything that happened during that seige, but that's okay, because it was apparently not important anyway.

There's also a huge pterodactyl/dragon thing because why not?

These are the ten worst I saw this year. I mostly avoided stuff I knew would be garbage, like the new Transformers movie or Boss Baby.

Starting at #10, which was the best of them:

10. Murder on the Orient Express
    9. Justice League
    8. Lego Batman Movie
    7. Fist Fight
    6. Logan
    5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    4. Kingsmen: The Golden Circle
    3. XXX: The Return of Xander Cage
    2. The Mummy
    1. The House
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-01-2018 at 05:42 PM.

BANNED

I believe i only saw 3 moves this year, but Thor Ragnarok was the biggest disappointment I've had in a movie in years. Recently tried to stream it and couldn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    These are the ten worst I saw this year. I mostly avoided stuff I knew would be garbage, like the new Transformers movie or Boss Baby.

9. Justice League
    8. Lego Batman Movie
    7. Fist Fight
    6. Logan
    2. The Mummy
    1. The House
    You didn't like Logan? A lot of the others I may disagree with but can understand how they aren't for everyone but what didn't you like about Logan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

9. Justice League
    8. Lego Batman Movie
    7. Fist Fight
    6. Logan
    2. The Mummy
    1. The House
    3 Billboards had some HEAT, man! I really liked it aside for the ambiguous ending that felt like it could've been fleshed out more.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I believe i only saw 3 moves this year, but Thor Ragnarok was the biggest disappointment I've had in a movie in years. Recently tried to stream it and couldn't finish.
    Yeah? How did you stream it legally when it's not out for another couple weeks?

The Snowman. That movies makes no sense and the main characters name was Harry Hole. Its a movie that ran out of time and money and wasnt finished. And they said fu** it release it anyway. I feel so bad for the editer because they had to try to make sense of a movies that was missing huge chunks.

Anyone who was disappointed in a Resident evil or underworld movie at this point can only blame themselves for expecting anything good.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-02-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You didn't like Logan? A lot of the others I may disagree with but can understand how they aren't for everyone but what didn't you like about Logan?
    I just thought the whole film was them trying way too hard to make the kind of film they thought they were making, if that makes any sense. It didn't feel like a downbeat final chapter to me, it felt like they were trying to convince me this was a downbeat final chapter. I feel like a lot of their desperation to make this a mutant UNFORGIVEN was apparent on the screen. The kid was fine and Jackman and Stewart were good, but things like introducing the family and getting them all killed were just cliches that didn't work in WOLVERINE: ORIGINS and didn't work here, at least not for me.

I don't fault anyone for liking it, don't get me wrong; just personally, I wasn't a fan at all.