Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    many problems? aside from the critical acclaim and profitable box office?
    The Olney problem I had was the jokes the rest was great one of the best MCU movies

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

From what I've seen I'd say Justice League. Felt like I was watching a completely unfinished product.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Let's put it this way. If a franchise like Thor can be turned into a farce, so can all the franchises. This is a very bad omen for MCEU.
    Because Thor has always been a super serious character in a super serious grim and gritty world.

Do a Google image search for Thorcules.

It is amazing.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Because Thor has always been a super serious character in a super serious grim and gritty world.

It is amazing.
    You're not really going to try to create a false equivalency comparing the movies to the comics, are you?

You're not really going to try to create a false equivalency comparing the movies to the comics, are you?
    You kinda did the same saying if Thor can be turned into a farce no MCU movie is safe. Thor especialy the 2nd one was one of Marvels lowest movies. The character just wasnt as popular as others especialy with kids. So they made a comedy and it was by far the biggest Thor movie ever. Oh and on top of fan reaction being positive it was criticaly a smash hit aswell.

Theres no evidence this will happen to anothrr framchise. Black Panther dont look like a comedy and Infinity war looks pretty dark. Even Antman and the wasp looked like a natrural continuation of the first movie in tone. GOTG which strated out as an over the top comedy and Now Thor 3 are it out of what like 18 movies? Think your blowing this out of pportion but whos knows only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

It is amazing.
    This kind of reminds me that Thor in Ragnarok felt more liker Hercules then he did Thor at times .

Astonishing Member

I actually can't think of any horrific movie that I saw in 2018! But I didn't see: The Emoji Movie, Transformers, 50 Shades, Mother!, or The Circle, all of which looked terribad from the trailers.

Of the ones I've seen, the worst ones: The Last Jedi, Thor 3 (Both bad because they were different from what I was expecting, not necessarily terribly made movies) and Lady Bird. (Not my type of movie, but I get why everyone loves it)

I, for one, cannot wait for Throg.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This kind of reminds me that Thor in Ragnarok felt more liker Hercules then he did Thor at times .
    That is the same thing I thought. He felt like the comic Hercules in so many spots during this movie instead of feeling like Thor. I could see Hercules being goofy and jokey like that way more than I could Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You kinda did the same saying if Thor can be turned into a farce no MCU movie is safe. Thor especialy the 2nd one was one of Marvels lowest movies. The character just wasnt as popular as others especialy with kids. So they made a comedy and it was by far the biggest Thor movie ever. Oh and on top of fan reaction being positive it was criticaly a smash hit aswell.
    That's pretty much my point. Thor was a more serious and dramatic franchise with even Shakespearean roots. They turned it into a farce and it tripled its earnings and got all kinds of good reception.

I'm not against comedies. Loved Ant-Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy. The change in tone with Thor was startling, particularly given the subject matter (for those who want to suggest that Thor has often been comedic in the comics - I bet that comic book Ragnarok story was a laugh a minute). If Marvel get's the idea that this is how to get more sales, why wouldn't they do something similar with other franchises? BP and Avengers don't really count because they are already at the end of production. It's the new films just being written and looking for directors I'm worried about. Hell, this director said he wants to do Black Widow essentially the same way he did Ragnarok.

That's a huge step down for me, and I hope I'm blowing it out of proportion, but it seems all too reasonable to me.

That's pretty much my point. Thor was a more serious and dramatic franchise with even Shakespearean roots. They turned it into a farce and it tripled its earnings and got all kinds of good reception.

I'm not against comedies. Loved Ant-Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy. The change in tone with Thor was startling, particularly given the subject matter (for those who want to suggest that Thor has often been comedic in the comics - I bet that comic book Ragnarok story was a laugh a minute). If Marvel get's the idea that this is how to get more sales, why wouldn't they do something similar with other franchises? BP and Avengers don't really count because they are already at the end of production. It's the new films just being written and looking for directors I'm worried about. Hell, this director said he wants to do Black Widow essentially the same way he did Ragnarok.

That's a huge step down for me, and I hope I'm blowing it out of proportion, but it seems all too reasonable to me.
    So far marvel has been good about diversifying and i dont think they will toss that all out because a straight up comedy thor worked. If Black Panther proves to be a unpopular character(Wont happen) and they decide to switch it up to save the framchise im fine with that. But so far Thor2 and Ironman 2 were the only movies that got less then great reviews. But Thor 2 was the only one post avengers and that was after ironman 3 made over a billion dolllars. I can see why Marvel thought Thor needed a change. And if another franchise starts to struggle if making it a comedy saves it im fine if it works. Thor 3 worked, mostly because Hemsworth i think is a comedian at heart. And the crazy gotg space setting. Making BP an over the top comedy ptobaly wont work. I feel like the setting made Thors movie easier to convert then most marvel properties if that makes sense. Only time will tell i suppose

Extraordinary Member

I was also disappointed in Ragnorok. I like jokes as much as the next guy, but I didn't pay to see the Mel Brooks parody of Thor. It's the best of the 3 Thor movies, but that's not saying much, since the first 2 were just forgettable other than Loki. At least there's some fun in Ragnorok.

I don't get the hate.

Thor in the movies, from minute one, has been a fairly funny character. He's had slapstick physical comedy with Hulk. It's like they took who Thor's been the whole time and made a movie of that instead of trying to make him something else... and it worked.

Hemsworth has great comedic timing and delivery, so embracing that was a smart move.

It's easily the best Thor movie.

Yep, it is the best Thor movie. For three reasons:

1. Humor
    2. Hulk
    3. Lack of Natalie Portman
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.