Spectacular Member

Default Black Lightning (CW) vs Luke Cage (Netflix)

Which Hope Bringing Champion would be the last man standing?

Mighty Member

Currently, Jefferson doesn't have the oomph to hurt Cage, much less put him down for good. Cage will get thrown around a number of times as Jefferson uses his powers to keep Cage away, but it's only a matter of time before he over exerts himself and Cage finally catches up to him and does his patented KO bitch slap.

I wouldn't be too sure, electricity causes damage when it's resisted, and the human body is a poor conductor. Unless Cage's powers make him more conductive, not less, he'll be affected by the heat more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure, electricity causes damage when it's resisted, and the human body is a poor conductor. Unless Cage's powers make him more conductive, not less, he'll be affected by the heat more.
    Luke casually walked out of his bar after it had been firebombed. Heat isn't really much of a concern to him.

The most we've seen Jefferson do is fry a cop car. Considering Luke tanked a rocket dropping a building on him and dug his way out, that isn't going to cut it. Also, Jefferson seems in pretty bad shape after every time he goes out. I'm guessing right now he only has the power for a few big shots and then he runs out of juice, at which point Luke walks up, says "Sweet Christmas, you look ridiculous", and casually knocks him out.

Now, it's still extremely early in the Black Lightning series. I've a feeling Jefferson is going to become powerful enough to hurt the likes of someone like Luke. We just haven't seen him produce enough power to hurt someone like Luke yet.

Incredible Member

Yeah very early to be able to gauge things but Jefferson is definitely more skilled and experienced. His best bet is to keep his distance.

Spectacular Member

Bumping since season one is over