Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Legacy Invincible Iron Man #696 Spoilers

I was a bit surprised but glad Hood met up with Dr Doom again in this issue, considering Doom stole a lot of Hoods ideas for Secret Wars. It was a good fight and showed what Dooms powers are in hand to hand combat. Great scenes.

Spoilers

Stark Industries comes to Riri’s garage to confiscate all her Stark Tech gear, and she just hands it all over to them, with no fight, because it would wreck their house and the neighbourhood, so she doesn’t fight. But mother asks if Riri has and backup, and she says, “Oh yeah”. Nice one Riri.

Then the Doom and Hood battle, as it’s 3 to one, with Living Laser and Corruptor, but Doom turns the tables, Corrupts Hood who shoots the other two dead, and Hood escapes. Doom takes the day.

Tony Stark is having a delerium event talking to his dad about not letting Tony know he is adopted. Howard Stark just waves it off saying Tony was always his son, and he thought it was irrelevant that Tony was adopted. Then scene change and Amanda and MJ are flying in some platform to a Secret Stark lab in New Jersey. AI Tony and Friday are along too. They arrive and get inside to find the empty armour on the floor, and wet footprints walking away. “Tony is alive”, Amanda is so happy.

End of Spoilers

I’m loving this final story by Bendis, examining issues between Tony and Howard on adoption, on Tony and his real father issues, and Riri and Doom being setup to find their place once Tony returns in whatever form Tony takes after coming out of his crypt thingy. 4 more issues until the 600 milestone Invincible Iron Man, and Tony’s been missing since the end of Civil War II - some 28 issues without Tony Stark, Invincible and Infamous.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-01-2018 at 03:45 AM.

You missed a bit. At the end Riri is making a phone call accepting an offer. I wonder if the recipient of the call was Ms Marvel, considering we know Riri is joining the Champions?

Anyway, she's interrupted by Blade, who says he has a better offer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You missed a bit. At the end Riri is making a phone call accepting an offer. I wonder if the recipient of the call was Ms Marvel, considering we know Riri is joining the Champions?

That actually makes a lot of sense.

As for Blade, wtf? How could he possibly be relevant to the storyline?

Loving this final story isn't exactly how I'd put it. I love THAT it's his final story and at least he's bringing Tony back.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Maybe Doom? I think he gave her his number in previous issues or in Infamous Iron Man.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It would be about time Doom got back in touch with Riri. They hit it off pretty well when she met him in Infamous Iron Man, even though she thought he was a bit loopy when he started talking about the vision he saw with a future Tony Stark as Sorcerer Supreme. It remains to be seen if Marvel will keep Doom on this path of attempting to achieve redemption. He's started to slip a bit when we see him finally viciously striking back at his attackers.

I hope we've seen the last of the Hood and his assorted gang of ne'er do wells. It's nice to see Maleev's work inserted here but my guess has been that this is unused work from the recently concluded Infamous Iron Man. It was announced by Bendis sometime last year that he had always planned it as a mini series and maybe that's when he also started planning his move to DC. And the Hood and his gang had vowed revenge Doom when the escaped prison.

This story seems like it's a bit dragged out already and the last page appearance of Blade comes out of left field. Is he still vampire hunting these days?

Good riddance, Bendis. I hope that you get everything that's coming to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Maybe Doom? I think he gave her his number in previous issues or in Infamous Iron Man.
    Yes. I’m hoping you’re right that it’s Doom who calls Riri. There needs to be some sort of settlement over the whole 28 issues about Tony, Doom, and Riri.

Did Tony do anything this issue? Was he even in it?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, he was in it but he was hallucinating still and was talking to Howard Stark. When Riri and the others tracked down where he was he was gone when they got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, he was in it but he was hallucinating still and was talking to Howard Stark. When Riri and the others tracked down where he was he was gone when they got there.
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

I can't wait for this arc to end.

Bendis is draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging this out.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

As for Blade, wtf? How could he possibly be relevant to the storyline?
    Vampirism bringing Tony back?

Also Marvel might be setting up a Vampire event in New York. Falcon's facing off against Deacon Frost in a few months. And Blade's been teaming up with Doctor Strange and Ghost rider to battle the paranormal lately. Something big may be on the horizon
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Yeah, I wonder how the DC readers will take it. He is a very frustrating writer to me because he does have some good moments at times. But he is the master of tedious decompressed stories and this is another entry in that vein. We don't learn very much more from what happened last issue. Everyone is still fretting about Tony and they still can't find him. He finishes up a brief battle between Doom and the Hood that took two issues but is part of an ongoing situation from the ending of Infamous Iron Man. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I've been saying for the past couple of months the Maleev pages (and they are nicely done pages) were probably meant for another issue of Infamous Iron Man and are inserted here. I guess it's a good thing that they didn't just leave them sit in storage somewhere.

Maybe we should considering ourselves lucky for getting two decompressed arcs in one title.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Yes he is! #600 can't come fast enough.