Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup you guys are right.Clean slate protocol, if you will.
    Well said my friend. Clean slate protocol!!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

this title is weird because i really dug both international and infamous but neither of the invincible runs did much for me so i find that i'm skimming through this book until i see alex maleev art and then i start reading. i'll be glad when #700 hits simply because i won't be reading half a book anymore.

International was pretty good despite the reason it existed. Infamous was really good. It sucks that the rest of that story is just being pushed into the Invincible Iron Man issues.

He's bald because Bendis likes characters to be bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's bald because Bendis likes characters to be bald.
    Ha. Living vicariously through someone else's creations. No worries.. he'll be gone soon and Tony will have his signature goatee back in no time.

International was pretty good despite the reason it existed. Infamous was really good. It sucks that the rest of that story is just being pushed into the Invincible Iron Man issues.
    I thought International was pretty good up until the last 2 issues. They were horrible. Two of the worst comics I ever read.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-05-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

will they ever explain why "Whitney" was looking for magical artifacts? was she in league with Parker Robbins (who was also looking for magical artifacts)? or was it just Bendis' half-arsed way to justify bringing in Victor von Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    will they ever explain why "Whitney" was looking for magical artifacts? was she in league with Parker Robbins (who was also looking for magical artifacts)? or was it just Bendis' half-arsed way to justify bringing in Victor von Doom?
    I don't think they explained why she was doing what she was doing. I think it was just a way to bring in Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Bendis never did follow up on that and it might have made for a interesting story if Tony, Stephen, and Victor all got involved. But he just dropped it. In Infamous Iron Man, Sorcerer Supreme Tony gave him a warning about not to be Iron Man when "they" come for you and then some garbled warning. But nothing came out of that either. I guess some of it we can use our own head canon and just say it was more mind games by Mephisto.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IIRC Tony's clean shaven look is because he was put through a sort of total reboot. So he has to grow his hair all over again. I really hope that this is all a sign that Marvel has decided that the whole adoption thing isn't working out and ditches it for good along with the annoying rocker mom.
    Boy i hope so... It doesn't feel right the Invincible Iron Man is not on my Marvel subscription list. Great to see Bendis leaving unfortunately the news that Dan slott is taking over put a huge damper on things for me.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Boy i hope so... It doesn't feel right the Invincible Iron Man is not on my Marvel subscription list. Great to see Bendis leaving unfortunately the news that Dan slott is taking over put a huge damper on things for me.
    I'm excited for Slott. I just have a really good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Are you gonna give it a try or you just really don't care for Slott?

I'm excited for Slott. I just have a really good feeling.
    Me too. The more I think about it, the more hype I'm getting for it. I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-07-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Me too. The more I think about the more hype I'm getting for it. I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass lol.
    From what people have said, he tried to make Spider-Man into an Iron Man of sorts.. with Parker Industries and all that. To me, that's an encouraging sign for him wanting to write Iron Man. Because now he doesn't have to take those ideas and adapt them to different characters. He gets to write that actual character made for those ideas.

From what people have said, he tried to make Spider-Man into an Iron Man of sorts.. with Parker Industries and all that. To me, that's an encouraging sign for him wanting to write Iron Man. Because now he doesn't have to take those ideas and adapt them to different characters. He gets to write that actual character made for those ideas.
    You're right. He basically made Parker Tony Stark lite. He wrote Tony in the regent arc of Spider-Man and I really enjoyed his take on Tony. So I'm hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-07-2018 at 03:51 PM.