Page 188 of 613 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I forgot the Galactic Golem was Len Wein. Gerry Conway has so much cool stuff later, I wonder if it wasn't like 1976 or 1981 and he spoke accidentally.
    He's got nothing of note in 71 for Superman?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He also mentions in the last half-hour that stuff from his Superman run will connect to Doomsday Clock.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He also mentions in the last half-hour that stuff from his Superman run will connect to Doomsday Clock.
    I never doubted this, but hopefully hearing it will alleviate some of the talk about Bendis totally ignoring this, and Jim Lee totally ignoring that.

It honestly retroactively makes more more interested in Doomsday Clock because Bendis isn't shy about the direct connections to other creators in his time at DC. Looking forward to see how he plays with this stuff.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ugh. I just hope there's no edicts, that it doesn't impact the story Bendis wants to tell too much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Doomsday Clock was planed--and planed to have Superman as a major part of it a ways before Bendis got there, so I doubt it'd be something they sprung on him. If he was more than willing--even happy to have the likes of Jor-El as Mr. Oz, and form story points around him, I don't see why he'd be opposed to the idea of in part working within some aspects of Doomsday Clock. Judging by the way he's been writing, I feel like he thought about that stuff before he had a story to be impacted.

Honestly, Doomsday Clock has such a wide birth with were the heroes a placed that the creators have been able to do quite a lot. Johns has been relatively vague. Look at King's Batman run in relation to Doomsday Clock. All you knew were the most basic aspects of Batman when DC started, and the same is true for Superman. The book is pretty evergreen in that regard.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.

I was just thinking since it was planned so utterly poorly, the Superman aspects might have been changed. I mean, its cool he's willing to work with it, I just hope his ideas take precedent. Maybe its all pretty seamless in its presentation, I just haven't trusted any Johns idea for Superman in a long time so the mere chance that another writer will have to work with one of his dumb ideas has me wary. I mean, if Bendis can make the connections, however many there may be, work, cool. But I'm still concerned. I was hoping across the board they had just relegated Doomsday Clock to its own standalone thing and left the major tie-in event stuff to Snyder.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-09-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    When did they say their source their was bullshit? Just curious to see it.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/
    “The original stories were well sourced, but further conversations with other sources who have suddenly come out of the woodwork have muddied those waters. Well-sourced stories can, of course still be wrong.”

And yep the original “leak” said Batman and Catwoman would get married.

IMO, what they heard is that there's going to be another Crisis. And I wholly believe there will be. The source just made the mistake to equate "Crisis" with "Reboot". The last one didn't really do any rebooting, so every chance that this upcoming one won't either. But the signs are pretty blatant now that a fourth Crisis is coming, the current set-up of the deck right now is virtually the same as when the Infinite Crisis build up began. The marriage thing the source was just flat out wrong on but in retrospect that's understandable. DC lied to readers and retailers on that for half a year, its not surprising the assumption was that it was happening.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-09-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was just thinking since it was planned so utterly poorly, the Superman aspects might have been changed. I mean, its cool he's willing to work with it, I just hope his ideas take precedent. Maybe its all pretty seamless in its presentation, I just haven't trusted any Johns idea for Superman in a long time so the mere chance that another writer will have to work with one of his dumb ideas has me wary. I mean, if Bendis can make the connections, however many there may be, work, cool. But I'm still concerned. I was hoping across the board they had just relegated Doomsday Clock to its own standalone thing and left the major tie-in event stuff to Snyder.
    Doomsday Clock is pretty evergreen in its use of its heroes and characters. Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman, and Lex is Lex. Johns is playing more with the most recognizable iconography associated with the characters, so unless Bendis was planing on blowing up everything recognizable about Superman--and he's repeatedly said otherwise--I think he's more than fine.

What this is most likely in relation to is the Legion. The Legion is very, very important to Bendis, and Bendis relates it to Superman quite often. I imagine he's basically setting up their connection and relation to Superman. The Legion are also one of the only IPs in Doomsday Clock that are not actively in their most iconic format, thus is Bendis wanted to use them he'd need to play a bit of ball, and he seems more than game.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He's got nothing of note in 71 for Superman?
    It's stumping the daylights out of me. I would really be impressed if I am missing something, maybe a back up story, because I even combed through the Comicvine work history. He did most of the stories Garcia-Lopez drew from the bicentennial to early 80s and a few DC Presents issues I liked.

In any case, I think Bendis has quite good taste when it comes to older comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Doomsday Clock is pretty evergreen in its use of its heroes and characters. Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman, and Lex is Lex. Johns is playing more with the most recognizable iconography associated with the characters, so unless Bendis was planing on blowing up everything recognizable about Superman--and he's repeatedly said otherwise--I think he's more than fine.

What this is most likely in relation to is the Legion. The Legion is very, very important to Bendis, and Bendis relates it to Superman quite often. I imagine he's basically setting up their connection and relation to Superman. The Legion are also one of the only IPs in Doomsday Clock that are not actively in their most iconic format, thus is Bendis wanted to use them he'd need to play a bit of ball, and he seems more than game.
    I dropped it after #1 when it became clear it was more of a Watchmen story, since I've never been that crazy about the concept in the first place, and the delays have guaranteed I'll never go back to it, so I'll take your word for it and hope for the best. I think Ascended is liking it too so you guys having positive things to say, while in this instance won't make me give the book itself another shot, at least makes me feel a little better that it won't mess up the other monthlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    In any case, I think Bendis has quite good taste when it comes to older comics.
    Baffles me how anyone is saying he's not doing his diligence and doing his homework. Someone may not like his reading of what he read, but don't act like he doesn't know it, ya know?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/
    “The original stories were well sourced, but further conversations with other sources who have suddenly come out of the woodwork have muddied those waters. Well-sourced stories can, of course still be wrong.”

And yep the original “leak” said Batman and Catwoman would get married.
    Cool. Thanks. I remember reading that one when it first came out, but I guess the info didn't register.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

As a giant fan of the Legion, I'm liking everything I'm hearing.