Page 553 of 613 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9194

Censorship Sucks

You hit a point where you think to yourself "these characters are not even acting like the people they are suppose to be" and then you lose interest. Happened to me pretty early with Bendis. The second Jon went off with Jorel, I was like "there is no way" after the stories we had just read. It made no sense...and I was out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Brainiac-5 could be queer without being homosexual. He could be bi or pan or whatever, and still have dated Supergirl (and could date her again).

I also don't have a horse in this race because I don't give a crap about Jon, but establishing a sexuality for him will not ruin him. He hasn't been around long enough for this to upset any apple carts. Unless you mean specifically pairing him with Brainy?
    Brainiac apparently did a lot more than date her in Kingdom Come.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Brainiac%...ter_(Earth-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    This is honestly the first I've heard of fan theories about Iceman being gay. In the original comic, it's just young Jean Grey reads young Bobby's mind and suddenly tells him he's gay which he eventually accepts and then they tell present Bobby about this down the line. A lot of fans felt the retcon came out of nowhere and was more of a shock value gimmick than an organic change in Bobby's character.
    Iceman was totally a shock value gimmick aimed at expanding the mutants' representation. And as much as I can appreciate the effort to expand diversity, that was horribly handled on pretty much every level.

Jon is a different story. He hasn't been around since the 60's with a long dating history behind him. Jon has been around for roughly five minutes and outside of a small childhood crush that never went anywhere (did they even hold hands once?) has no dating history and until recently was too young to really have any kind of cemented sexuality in the first place. Bendis could write Jon as being LBGT and it wouldn't contradict his past.

My only point of concern in the whole thing is the incredibly unlikely idea of a Jon-Damian relationship. Their dynamic is built on brotherhood, and that's something that *has* been well defined and cemented and turning that into anything other than brotherhood would bother me. Jon and/or Damian can be gay or bi or whatever the hell, but their's is a bromance, not a romance. Past that concern (which is highly unlikely to happen) I have no qualms about Jon turning out to be something other than straight.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

There's nothing wrong with Jon being gay/bi/whatever. I just don't trust Bendis to handle that aspect of the character, after the absolutely horrendous way he handled Bobby. I don't know how he could possibly do worse than that but I don't put anything past him anymore. Bendis' insatiable need for everything he does to be some big, dramatic, controversial event would likely ruin what could be be very sensitive topic that needs care and thought rather than mindless spectacle.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

JUNE 2020 SUPERMAN Advance Solicitations:

Superman #24
    In the pages of Superman #24 (on sale June 10), Kevin Maguire joins Bendis to tell a tale of Superman’s legendary susceptibility to magic, and how a new villain is about to use that to turn Big Blue’s life inside out and upside down. This mysterious character has come into Superman’s world to pit him against the most powerful sorcerer and agent for the Lords of Order: Doctor Fate!
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    Variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    ON SALE 06.10.20 | $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Action Comics #1024
    Next, in the pages of June 24th’s Action Comics #1024, the fallout from Superman: Villains continues as Clark Kent steps out into the world as a reporter for the first time! Metropolis has been rocked by Lex Luthor’s latest attack and the drama surrounding Superman’s truth, and that gives the invisible mafia a new foothold to change the City of Tomorrow forever. Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege!
    Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    Variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    ON SALE 06.24.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Event Leviathan: Checkmate #3
    Also, on sale June 24, the Man of Steel makes a guest appearance in this next surprising chapter in DC’s saga of high-stakes espionage! Green Arrow’s team of super-spies—including the Question, Manhunter, Lois Lane, and Talia al Ghul—has infiltrated Leviathan! Along the way, they learn that one of their own is a secret Leviathan agent who plans to betray the new Checkmate from the start!
    Art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    Variant cover by MATT TAYLOR
    ON SALE 06.24.20
    $3.99 US | 3 OF 6 |32 PAGES

Legion of Super-Heroes #8
    And just to show dear old Dad that the heat is on in the 31st Century too, Superboy makes a discovery about the future that will change everything he knows when he discovers a new Krypton! This new story arc also begins with the United Planets in a war that threatens to divide the League into separate camps, as Ultra Boy’s homeworld of Rimbor and Chameleon Boy’s homeworld of Durla declare interplanetary war!
    Art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    ON SALE 06.03.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49351-new-...citations.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

No offense to Khalid, but I miss the Rebirth Dr. Fate look.

I don't like that he's still a reporter (ironically even though I want him to still be a reporter, just not an outed Superhero one) but it sounds like Action will finally start really making the consequences of the outing felt.

So Leviathan is the Hydra to Checkmate's SHIELD? Huh.

Hopefully Bendis can pull off interplanetary politics better here then he did with Marvel Cosmic. I guess the Zod stuff is paying off with New Krypton.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really hoping Romita is leaving action before house of kent starts..

I'm guessing the "Daily Planet is under siege" thing is hyperbole, and what's actually happening is that it's getting sued.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Doc Fate appearance is like some left field bucket list request. Finally Superman may win the title of most powerful DC hero. But it'd be remarkably funny if it's the opposite and he just comes up short.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm guessing the "Daily Planet is under siege" thing is hyperbole, and what's actually happening is that it's getting sued.
    I mean they could be “under siege” by the government. I mean the world thanks to Lois Lane just revealed to the world that the Daily Planet is currently owned by the head of the Metropolis biggest Mafia. I can only presume that raises a few eyebrows with people like the CIA, the IRS, and etc.

That’s at least worth one office raid if I’ve ever seen one
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-09-2020 at 07:48 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It'd be rather ironic if it was under siege by other news outlets.

I don't get Superman 24. With all the stuff going on right now, with the Planet and the ID and the UP and....everything.....Bendis throws a random magic fight against Dr. Fate at us? What the hell is this? If I had to guess.....this is the return of Kismet? Are we going to learn that everything Clark's been doing lately has shifted the cosmic balance?

And Action sounds great....except that Romita is still there. The guy is great for some projects but I feel like Action does not suit his strengths at all.

Legion sounds fine I guess? Honestly I feel like I'm drowning with that book, there's so much to process and consider yet so little about any one specific person and I do not have the time or inclination to sit down and sift through it all.

Checkmate.....I'll be honest, I liked Event Leviathan well enough and I'm down with the spy side of the DCU getting a major overhaul. But the lack of Nightwing is really starting to get to me. And I know that's just me being an angry Nightwing fan, but....I'm an angry Nightwing fan and Grayson should've been included in this. I mean....Ollie Queen! That guy is gonna be in Checkmate (that guy!?), but Grayson still can't remember his own damn name?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wait, didn't jon already know of new krypton thing? I mean, jurgens was trying to build jon-lor zod rivalry.