Page 490 of 613 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9194

Honestly the only reason to care has less to do with Jon and more to do how Lois and Clark can explain this to their co-workers without giving anything away (if Clark still cares about his secret ID)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He definitely had relationship with some of the kids at the new school he started going to in metropolis. Also had a few scenes with the daily planet staff.
    The first thing can easily be explained to the kids as him just moving away. It happens, kids lose touch with each other.

The Planet though. I've been waiting to here an explanation for that given how close he and his parents are with everyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly the only reason to care has less to do with Jon and more to do how Lois and Clark can explain this to their co-workers without giving anything away (if Clark still cares about his secret ID)

The first thing can easily be explained to the kids as him just moving away. It happens, kids lose touch with each other.

The Planet though. I've been waiting to here an explanation for that given how close he and his parents are with everyone there.
    Considering Jon was about as close to Kathy as he was to Damian, and she hasn't been mentioned by Bendis, I wouldn't hold my breath.

And can't forget that Bendis can't write Damian, at all.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not big on the idea of the real characters being boxed into a certain time period. Period piece stories for Superman would be cool, same as WWII stories for Wonder Woman for example, but realizing that's all you can get in a canon, stuff set in the past, the shine rather wears off. At least for me.

Being boxed in like that would be sorta limiting though, I mean, I don't really see the point to that over just doing another reality if that's the aim. It doesn't make the main continuity easier to understand. If anything it has the potential to make things more odd.
    We don't know how hypertime and metaverse is going to be connected to this. So, it might not box generations. We might get 4 generations of supermen.geoff johnes had both pre crisis guys(goldenage and silverage) appear in doomsday clock

True. It all sounds really messy thus far either way but I'll admit without details its not easiest to tell. I'm just going on sparse information but at the same time also going off reputation, which I think is fair to add to the equation even at this early stage.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Man, I was bored and was reading some old threads and I came across this gem from Last Son of Krypton three years ago:
    Deep down we all know the outcome of all this (although we don't admit it to ourselves yet)...

Dc will kill even Superdad, then they'll age-up Jon for him to become the one and only Superman.
    Sad when jokes turn out true. Only thing he got wrong is that Superman isn't being killed, rather probably retire.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

OMG, my jokes about Jon replacing Superman are older than I recalled. 😂

One of my reasons for having joked more than once about it is that I don't view Jon as Superman's "Damian" but as his "Connor Hawke" or "Kyle Rayner", a young legacy character that DC is pushing to appeal to a (younger) audience that in DC's mind the original character couldn't reach.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Man, I was bored and was reading some old threads and I came across this gem from Last Son of Krypton three years ago:

Sad when jokes turn out true. Only thing he got wrong is that Superman isn't being killed, rather probably retire.
    that actually is hilarious, good find lol

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Folks wondered if it'll ever addressed:

So how is everyone at the Daily Planet and Jon Kent’s teachers going to react to the 10 year old becoming a 17 year old in like 2 weeks?

Bendis: see #superman18thetruth

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...19799582203905
    So basically Superman just outs everything to everyone, it sounds like.

that actually is hilarious, good find lol
    I also found a really old post where when pointing out my misgivings about how they were about to handle Jon, that I "don't hate the character".

....This did not last, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Superman just outs everything to everyone, it sounds like.
    Or Lois does, possibly without consulting Clark, which would be...a choice.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Bendis teases news incoming regarding superman 18 on his twitter and insta https://www.instagram.com/p/B3smKTeB...d=apbcb90p7lds

I'm guessing this is because January solicits are next week?

Mighty Member

Bendis teases news incoming regarding superman 18 on his twitter and insta https://www.instagram.com/p/B3smKTeB...d=apbcb90p7lds

I'm guessing this is because January solicits are next week?
    The solicitations for 18 are already out (as it drops in December), so I doubt it's that, but maybe.
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The solicitations for 18 are already out (as it drops in December), so I doubt it's that, but maybe.
    I realize but with January solicits we’ll get even more info on how the status quo will shape after December(you don’t notice me in these threads all the tine anyways? Of course I know that )

So this is all your fault, you guys! Dammit, I expect better from you!!

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

I realize but with January solicits we’ll get even more info on how the status quo will shape after December(you don’t notice me in these threads all the tine anyways? Of course I know that )
    That's definitely a possibility, although they could keep the January solicit vague if they want to. We'll see.

And it's easy to get the numbers confused (I certainly have), so I don't assume anything.
    Currently Reading: