Page 453 of 613 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Feels like a stretch, especially considering Bendis never wanted to put Static on LoSH. Also we’re still not sure if the black guy is the exact same Lightning Lad, there’s a white Lightning Lad showing up in Superman soon after all.
    It might be. But this also might have been his opportunity to write a black teenager with electric powers and he took the ideas he had for Static and applied them here. It might not be the case at all, but it just caught my eye.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Heads up: Bendis just confirmed that he'll be on the podcast Word Balloon this week likely talking Legion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y68g-B...d=8phqklpduhbs
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Heads up: Bendis just confirmed that he'll be on the podcast Word Balloon this week likely talking Legion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y68g-B...d=8phqklpduhbs
    Don’t know if we’ll get many details, but I do want to at least get an idea of what Bendis’ long term gameplan for the franchise is.

Hismlongterm plan?

It seems like 4 years and 43 issues, who is leviathan?? The secret of rogol zarr, good lord man, get to it!!!

May 2021 - Can anyone stop Leviathan? Rogol Zarr (or whoever) makes his move!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Hismlongterm plan?

It seems like 4 years and 43 issues, who is leviathan?? The secret of rogol zarr, good lord man, get to it!!!

May 2021 - Can anyone stop Leviathan? Rogol Zarr (or whoever) makes his move!
    Yep, that's Bendis pacing for ya.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Wasn’t super informative, but some nice teases for the Legion though. I really want to hang out at these Metropolis City Council meetings. That’d be pretty awesome.

So it sounds like Kevin McGuire will be handling the art on the purported “President Superman” story, maybe? And he didn’t deny that Lois isn’t the one going to the future. I still think it’s probably Melody Moore, but Lois would be my second guess with her weird dream from LL #1.

And I really really want Nicola Scott to take an arc of Lois Lane or Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Wasn’t super informative, but some nice teases for the Legion though. I really want to hang out at these Metropolis City Council meetings. That’d be pretty awesome.

So it sounds like Kevin McGuire will be handling the art on the purported “President Superman” story, maybe? And he didn’t deny that Lois isn’t the one going to the future. I still think it’s probably Melody Moore, but Lois would be my second guess with her weird dream from LL #1.

And I really really want Nicola Scott to take an arc of Lois Lane or Action Comics.
    She’s doing part of the Millenium arc, so maybe she’ll do more? I love her art too, and her partnership with Rucka always puts out solid work.

Mighty Member

She’s doing part of the Millenium arc, so maybe she’ll do more? I love her art too, and her partnership with Rucka always puts out solid work.
    I think she’s mostly busy with Black Magick. The only reason she did Wonder Woman: Year One was it was a dream project for her.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think she’s mostly busy with Black Magick. The only reason she did Wonder Woman: Year One was it was a dream project for her.
    Yeah, Bendis says he was really excited for her to take the Booster Gold portion of Millenium and how her and Rucka have their partnership going. Basically, he badly wanted to work with her and the Millenium thing was the best he could do at the time. Though her and Rucka did just wrap up I think another arc of Black Magick and she does take other projects between that. Wonder Woman: Year One was fantastic. I'm just greedy.

-Updated Legion because Bendis believes the Legion’s place is to portray the future as envisioned by the present. He liked old Legion but it was very retro futuristic, and Bendis believes it needed to better reflect current times through stuff like better diversity
    -Gold Lantern is in fact the name of that character
    -Next issue of Leviathan is going to deal with the Red Hood fallout and Superman will show up
    -Superman #14 will be the first appearance of Bendis Legion in current Rebirth timeline (no clue how that will jive with Doomsday Clock)
    -Superman #15 is the last issue of the Unity Saga, Reis is going to take a break since all those big battle scenes wore him out, but he will come back, one Bendis former USM artists will be taking over for the Super Sons reunion in Superman #16
    -Maguire comes on Superman with issue 17 and will do an arc giving Reis time to start working on his next arc
    -Fallout from Event Leviathan will be happening in Action Comics (guessing the new spy organization that will be DC’s SHIELD will debut here?)
    -Mentions again that he, Rucka, and Fraction meet up every two weeks or so to talk about Superman & Metropolis, mentions they want to get to stuff no ones really touched before

Edit:
    -Living in Portland lets Bendis talk to a ton of creatives and makes collaboration easier
    -Person who gets immortality in Millennium doesn’t notice it until she starts to notice the people around her aging but she’s not
    -Will address Legionaries with connections to modern day like Mon-El, but Bendis says it won’t happen in the first couple issues, some characters will get serviced right away but others will have to wait since LoSH is so huge, but he does want to get to every Legionaire
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-02-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Can't wait to see McGuire back on Superman. Really loved his work in Man of Steel. And apparently it's supposed to be an adventure of the rip-roaring sort, so that in and of itself will be great to have. I believe that's gonna be the missing Fortress of Solitude story. So, likely either a good ol' fashion two or three parter with a pretty classic crazy premise. Thankfully it seems like we'll be getting a few quicker stories with McGuire before Reis comes back. Really looking forward to all of this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

-Updated Legion because Bendis believes the Legion’s place is to portray the future as envisioned by the present. He liked old Legion but it was very retro futuristic, and Bendis believes it needed to better reflect current times through stuff like better diversity
    -Gold Lantern is in fact the name of that character
    -Next issue of Leviathan is going to deal with the Red Hood fallout and Superman will show up
    -Superman #14 will be the first appearance of Bendis Legion in current Rebirth timeline (no clue how that will jive with Doomsday Clock)
    -Superman #15 is the last issue of the Unity Saga, Reis is going to take a break since all those big battle scenes wore him out, but he will come back, one Bendis former USM artists will be taking over for the Super Sons reunion in Superman #16
    -Maguire comes on Superman with issue 17 and will do an arc giving Reis time to start working on his next arc
    -Fallout from Event Leviathan will be happening in Action Comics (guessing the new spy organization that will be DC’s SHIELD will debut here?)
    -Mentions again that he, Rucka, and Fraction meet up every two weeks or so to talk about Superman & Metropolis, mentions they want to get to stuff no ones really touched before

Edit:
    -Living in Portland lets Bendis talk to a ton of creatives and makes collaboration easier
    -Person who gets immortality in Millennium doesn’t notice it until she starts to notice the people around her aging but she’s not
    -Will address Legionaries with connections to modern day like Mon-El, but Bendis says it won’t happen in the first couple issues, some characters will get serviced right away but others will have to wait since LoSH is so huge, but he does want to get to every Legionaire
    reading that last point I guess my only downside for Jon in legion is him probably not getting to have a lot of screen time with so many characters on the team. Hopefully he can get a spinoff book if the series sells well.

As usual, Bendis says all the things I want to hear.

I'm still not sold on giving the Legion to Jon at the expense of Clark's origin (his reasoning is sound enough but I still dont like it!) but everything else is very much in-line with what I want out of Superman. Been years since I enjoyed a run this much, or was so excited for where the property was heading. It feels like, for once, we're actually moving the mythos forward instead of constantly re-working the past (more or less, that Legion thing still burns my ass). And since I'm not one for nostalgia or retreading old ground this is a breathe of fresh air.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, this is why I'm torn. I like so much that he's done, but the few things I hate I hate bad, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El