Page 595 of 613 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 9194

Everyone standing to attention on some elevated platforms? The Legion on trial, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Shadow Lass looks like she won't have any of that bullshit, and I love it.

But isn't is supposed to be the one page/one artist/one legionnaire issue number one of two ? Or will it only start in August ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Shadow Lass looks like she won't have any of that bullshit, and I love it.

But isn't is supposed to be the one page/one artist/one legionnaire issue number one of two ? Or will it only start in August ?
    Of all the Sook redesigns, I still think Shadow Lass' was the best.

Bendis talked about the upcoming villain at SDCC@Home:
    "We thought, you know, we have a Superman #25, it's a big double sized anniversary issue. What a grand opportunity to put the new toy in the Superman toy box and create a villain. We thought wouldn't it be great to create a villain whose mindset its so different from anything that he has seen on Earth or anything that Superman relates to. This is a person that there's no part that the Superman can relate to so he has to like back up and come up with a different set of ways to deal with this. Not just that, well I'll punch it in the face and see how that goes. Let's take it a step back and see how we can handle an adversary of ignorance. We don't understand each other, let's figure it out and we have no way to communicate,not physically let's figure out a way to communicate. So I thought that would be an interesting way to celebrate Superman, what does he bring that no other superhero can bring, and if this villain brings that out it, you've created a new villain as well."
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...superman-sdcc/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis talked about the upcoming villain at SDCC@Home:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...superman-sdcc/
    It sounds like Bendis is going for something more cerebral but in practice I'm just not sure if that's going to come off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounds like Bendis is going for something more cerebral but in practice I'm just not sure if that's going to come off as well.
    Well if Synmar’s mindset is utterly alien to Earth maybe he won’t talk in Bendisspeak

Spectacular Member

Well if Synmar’s mindset is utterly alien to Earth maybe he won’t talk in Bendisspeak
    Another boring Bendis villain like Rogul or Leviathan, Red dust lol, wake me when this nightmare is over.

Mighty Member

Or he dials up the Bendisspeak to 1,000.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New Bendis interview: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...dis-interview/

He does reiterate he's not leaving DC anytime soon, though I didn't even realize that was a rumor. Not a lot of Superman talk, but he does say the ending of his Superman run just leads into a whole other thing. I wonder if he means the 5G Superman stuff? Also he is planning "super secret cool thing" for 2021 currently.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    New Bendis interview: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...dis-interview/

He does reiterate he's not leaving DC anytime soon, though I didn't even realize that was a rumor. Not a lot of Superman talk, but he does say the ending of his Superman run just leads into a whole other thing. I wonder if he means the 5G Superman stuff? Also he is planning "super secret cool thing" for 2021 currently.
    Ha maybe it leads into the 5G imprint or maybe Bendis is going to write JL/an event.

Regardless of the imprint rumors I'm still concerned that he's still going to make Jon Superman in the actual books. Obviously there would be no point to the imprint in regards to Superman if that happened, but there's nothing really saying they can't do Superman's replacement for real but do everything else in an out of continuity project. The very idea doesn't have to be all or nothing. I mean, for all that is good and holy I hope I'm way way off in being suspicious, but all the same it does ring suspicious to me that the Superman line is the only one that still is doing take-over build up. I dunno.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, that was delightful to hear for me personally.

Particularly loved his words on the Legion, and Mon-El in particular. Some stuff going on there that's got me very interested.

The super secret cool thing coming in 2021 is most certainly on my radar too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Regardless of the imprint rumors I'm still concerned that he's still going to make Jon Superman in the actual books. Obviously there would be no point to the imprint in regards to Superman if that happened, but there's nothing really saying they can't do Superman's replacement for real but do everything else in an out of continuity project. The very idea doesn't have to be all or nothing. I mean, for all that is good and holy I hope I'm way way off in being suspicious, but all the same it does ring suspicious to me that the Superman line is the only one that still is doing take-over build up. I dunno.
    I think Jon as superman is going eventually, too much teasing in Legion to not happen at this point. It's probably one of the few 5G elements that will stick around. Though it'll probably be sorta seperate from the main DCU like rumors keep implying.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Jon as superman is going eventually, too much teasing in Legion to not happen at this point. It's probably one of the few 5G elements that will stick around. Though it'll probably be sorta seperate from the main DCU like rumors keep implying.
    Either that or it won’t be permanent. If Bendis is writing it he has to be doing it soon, since I don’t think he’ll be on the book past 2021.

Mighty Member

I think the scenario that seems to be happening is that the Bendis's Superman run ends about when Death Metal does. Basically, when 5G was supposed to start. At that point, the narrative Bendis had planned for 5G Superman will be continued in an out-of-continuity title (or imprint).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers