Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
It could never happen and I don't even think it would necessarily be a good idea if it were possible, but I kinda want a bit where Superman is facing titanic blowback for something he did in office that was pretty definitely the right thing and grumbles to himself "man, everything just slides right off the OTHER guy no matter what he does" (whether leading to a punchline about Superman being held to a higher standard, or a rougher digression on what human nature chooses to embrace).

Between this, the Presidency in general, and everything happening with Jon, at least for the time being Bendis is really delivering on the "Imaginary Story" flavor he discussed in an interview early on.
Well instead of Trump they could always use Batman! No matter how many times Bruce builds Brother Eye, gets one of his sidekicks killed, or is just generally a dick he never faces the same scrutiny as Supes does.
Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
I don't really see why you'd need a crisis to walk things back.

Stay in story. Let Clark serve out his however many years as president (for however many writers), and then contrive a way to make it so him regaining the secret identity is acts as retirement from office. Divorce the memory of Clark and Superman as being one and the same as a retirement gift to him.

That's obviously at the end of however long DC'd want him as president of Earth. But really this is unlike something like Civil War, Truth, or Born Again because there's still the dual responsibility. There's still likely the paper work and so on. His desk just got bigger. So, there's less of an "always action" feel here because once he's done punching Lobo in the face he's got a 4:30 meeting to run to.
I could see this happening and it would make sense. Good point about how his work-life balance isn’t totally changing. If anything being President will demand even MORE of his time then being a journalist did. Yeah I’m definitely still looking forward to this.