Page 457 of 613 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah that's still the major deal-breaker for me too. Doesn't even look like he's the inspiration anymore as opposed to just the general present day DCU inspiring them (with Superman's importance to the history being that he seems to create the United Planets...unless even that isn't really true and it ends being more Jon that fosters its growth hence their wanting his membership). I just can't accept it. I mean its happening, there's nothing I can do about it, but I can't and won't support it.

I know I've said it at least once before, but its funny with as much as I rail on Secret Origin and didn't like it being put back as the official origin, that this is undoing one of the only things I liked about it. Classic case of be careful what you wish for, I suppose.
    You know I like the Legion being taken out of Clark's origin as little as you do, but let's see where the story goes. Wouldn't be the first time we've read the comics despite not liking something about it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Of all things I think the race swap is butt. Still looking forward to it most in a month filled with apparently great new titles (where are the main book solicits though?)

Johns having his origin erased is a little surprising, but aside from his initial Legion story that era was barely even surface deep without Levitz making a return. If some of his work is out, might as well do all of it and try to start everyone on the same foot.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know I like the Legion being taken out of Clark's origin as little as you do, but let's see where the story goes. Wouldn't be the first time we've read the comics despite not liking something about it.
    Well, I might try Millenium, just because of potential hints of the directions of other properties. If it REALLY grabs me, maybe my mind could be swayed. But I'd have to be really, really impressed.

And to be honest I won't even accuse Bendis of doing something nonsensical here. I get what he's doing and why. It wasn't what I was personally looking for but I can see the mindset.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Bendy really came in and snatched the Legion right out from under Johns haha. You love to see it.

Great work from Sook so far!

Johns should’ve got Doomsday Clock done when he was supposed to so I can’t feel too sorry for him. Still not feeling Bendis LoSH but if it flops DC will just reboot lol. That’s the positive side of DC’s eagerness to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns should’ve got Doomsday Clock done when he was supposed to so I can’t feel too sorry for him. Still not feeling Bendis LoSH but if it flops DC will just reboot lol. That’s the positive side of DC’s eagerness to reboot.
    Is it really on Johns though? We know Frank is notoriously slow and it seems like DC editorial had a hand in it as well.

Frank has been pretty strongly hinting it's not him. And the delays on Shazam seem to support that. He's also circulated some pages he had to redraw after changes. So I think it's probably a combo of Johns and editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep. While I seem to fall more in line with Johns' vision for the Legion fundamentally, Doomsday Clock just took way too freaking long and whoever that's on, its hard for me to blame Bendis for making a pitch that DC ended up liking.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, I might try Millenium, just because of potential hints of the directions of other properties. If it REALLY grabs me, maybe my mind could be swayed. But I'd have to be really, really impressed.

And to be honest I won't even accuse Bendis of doing something nonsensical here. I get what he's doing and why. It wasn't what I was personally looking for but I can see the mindset.
    Im basically in the same boat. Giving Millennium a shot, just to see the crazy Kirby stuff and whatever we might see of the Legion, and if that and the Super-books do a decent job of hyping me up I'll give the first issue or three a shot. I think there *might* be a way to do this that makes up for the loss in Clark's origin (which, as Kuwagaton mentions, is barely ever referenced anyway) but we'll have to see how Bendis spins it all.

Give it a chance, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Can't ask for more than that right?

Ha! Wouldn't it be funny if you ended up being more okay with this than me?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ha, we can never say never. I mean, if we go back to the early aughts I was actually mad when I discovered pre-Crisis stuff being filtered back into the mythos. Not long after that it became my entire preference.

I mean at this point there's no hope for me with Jon. I still can't stand him and if I haven't warmed up yet I'm never going to. But beyond him I can't say with 100% certainty something about this can't grab me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2019 at 06:49 PM.

I think the problem is that Johns is prioritizing the DCEU, so his comics keep slipping (Shazam! keeps getting delayed too).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think the problem is that Johns is prioritizing the DCEU, so his comics keep slipping (Shazam! keeps getting delayed too).
    I agree, his live action work like producing Stargirl is clearly eating up way too much of his time. He needs to decide if he wants to do TV/movies or comics because it’s clear he can no longer do both.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah good points about those. It's pretty nuts to me that DC decided that that major story to define the core of their line didn't need to stick to a real schedule.

Then again we have this week's mess. It's not like I can say Kaminski would have been immune to any snags, there would be my bias at play, but I think it's entirely possible to give more engaging editorial and have them benefit from it.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'll be honest, the more I think about it the more it pisses me off that now even the inspiration is being divvied up between the whole DCU. Now everyone is their inspiration? Last I checked the Legion wasn't born as a concept and didn't become popular in the first place because of Batman. Nor because of Wonder Woman. Nor because of Aquaman. Nor because of Green Lantern. Etc. Etc. The property became something popular because of Superman. Period. That's just the truth. But now inspiration for their forming has to be shared and equal. It just irritates me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-17-2019 at 04:35 PM.