Page 163 of 613 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I seem to be the only one who think Lois and Jon are just gonna be back home and back to semi-normal by the end of Man of Steel, aside from Jon going through whatever he goes through as a result of the growth spurt.
    I'm up for pretty much whatever. Bendis calls them a not normal family, but that doesn't have to mean that they're not physically together--it could, for sure, but doesn't have to. Maybe Lois and Jon commute between wherever they were and Earth? Maybe any physical separation doesn't happen till after 1005? Lois could be in a hotel on Earth in that Gleason scene from Action.

I hadn't thought of it before, but Jon's growth spurt could totally be why they have to leave with Jor-El in MOS. Most of us have just been assuming Lois and Jon have to leave because Zaar or the Circle, but MOS is setting up multiple plot threads that are all not necessarily linked yet. Like the Planet being bought out, Goode's plans, and the rash of fires don't seem to all come from Zaar's story, so why should the Lois and Clark stuff?

Thinking more on it, Superman hasn't even been made aware of Zaar or the Krypton stuff yet and Lois and Jon are already gone. I feel dumb for not realizing that lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Colored in and full page version of Gleason's bullet scene from Action Comics

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8E2ZeH...en-by=dccomics

I was expecting the gunmen to be some specific villain, so it's strange to see that it's apparently just a couple of robbers. That aside, it sound so freakin pretty. Almost looks animated. And that part where he flicks the last bullet off him is dope.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm avoiding preview pics for tomorrow's comic but man, Ryan Sook. That upcoming cover. It's got to be a collab from heaven for Bendis, so I'm really wondering just what the plan is, how much they're willing to give him if he's willing to receive.

"dccomicsExclusive! This is the full color cover to action comics 1005 by Ryan Sook. After we had such a good time on tomorrow’s Man of Steel number three, we asked Ryan to join us on Action comics. He’ll be starting with us with issue 1004. 1004 and 1005 are pretty huge issues storywise for Lois and Clark. "

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Jon being in Superman & Lois being in Action is very interesting news..figured they would be together.

I still think there's the chance they might be. A possible scenario, for example, is that the two are together, still separated from Clark, but one title will feature one more than the other in cutaway sequences. That's one thought. Of course in this instance Lois and Jon still wouldn't be getting the interaction with each other that they need, so I would still think maybe they' get a mini or something.

Just speculation though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think there's the chance they might be. A possible scenario, for example, is that the two are together, still separated from Clark, but one title will feature one more than the other in cutaway sequences. That's one thought. Of course in this instance Lois and Jon still wouldn't be getting the interaction with each other that they need, so I would still think maybe they' get a mini or something.

Just speculation though.
    Yeah, that's very possible. And it does make more sense, based on the goals for Superman to be epic stories and AC to be ground level/journalism stories. Plus if Jon is likely hanging with Jor El and Superman will deal with a lot of cosmic stuff, I can see why Jon would be involved. Would be fun to see jor el,jon and clark all fighting together.

Sorry for double posting, but WOW! Whoever guessed Bendis would age Jon seems to be on the money! And the design is by Ivan Reis, again confirming Jon will appear in Superman. More things to consider, is this long term or just for the year long storyline? We know Tomasi said more Super Sons will likely continue after the mini series, so I'm curious how long this will last or if this is just a alternate version of Jon.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8ZnwiH...en-by=dccomics
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-12-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Sorry for double posting, but WOW! Whoever guessed Bendis would age Jon deserves a prize! And the design is by Ivan Reis, again confirming Jon will appear in that book. Thinks to consider though, is this long term or just for the year long storyline? We know Tomasi said more Super Sons adventures after the adventures mini series, so it probably won't be and Jon will go back to being a kid/ or this is just a alternate version of himself anyways.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8ZnwiH...en-by=dccomics
    He's older, isn't the same as no longer being a Super Son. Feels like this is very overtly designed to appeal to the New 52 crowd while being different enough to not simply look like a defective version of the real Superman suit. I'm not over the moon about it, but I can definitely live with it.
    Buh-bye

YOOOOOOO that looks freakin SICK!

I'm skeptical that Jon will be aged up, but rather that we'll FINALLY get that future Jon story line. Assumed it would be in Super Sons, but seems like Bendis is picking up the ball. For me the tip off is the scar that's there to "remind he's still half human." But playing devils advocate for a moment: he growth spurt is ominous and could point to this, and I'd be willing to see an aged up Jon story. The dynamic with Damian would be hilarious and fun to explore in its own way. It would also play into the whole "not a normal family thing." But, as I said, I doubt that's the case.

Worth noting Bendis once again stresses that sh!t goes down in issue 3 of MOS, and that we should avoid spoilers. The hype rises.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He's older, isn't the same as no longer being a Super Son. Feels like this is very overtly designed to appeal to the New 52 crowd while being different enough to not simply look like a defective version of the real Superman suit. I'm not over the moon about it, but I can definitely live with it.
    Yeah, the armor definitely reminded a bit of New 52 Superman. Personally, I like the design. Also, notice the design isn't the same as the future teased in Tomasi/Gleason's run

Few theories (BTW, what a freakin mic drop post lol):

- We could be dealing with Einstein's theory of special relativity aka the twin paradox where one twin goes of into space while the other stays on Earth and one twin is older than the other when they meet again. Jon going off planet for however long MOS is for Clark is only relative. He very well could have been gone for years his time.

Amendment: it should be noted that the twin on Earth is the one who ages, but I think the theory in this context still stands.

- Jor-El: "you mean to tell me that the two of you created an entirely new species and you just assumed he'd grow up like either of you?" This could just be the unforeseen result of being a hybrid creature.

- This could be Jon from the future coming to the past or Clark going into the future.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2018 at 05:52 PM.

I dig the idea that he can scar. Another thing I might prefer this run to over the previous run: instead of pushing this idea of this awesome potential over his own father's, deal with the other side of the coin and where some more vulnerabilities may lie with the fact that he is half human. That's a far more appealing angle to me when it comes to offspring of main characters.

At this rate Bendis could actually get me to like him. Its almost as if the freaking guy got directly into my head and is addressing the things that annoyed me the most with Rebirth.

As far as the age thing, I could definitely see him being a visitor from the future while the main Jon is still gone. Perhaps with a warning to his father about upcoming events.

Only thing that could be cooler would be if he name drops a certain missing brother...
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obviously this is a Future Trunks deal.

This is future Jon from an alternate, dead future. He'll arrive in this dimension in his relative past and just sorta hang out for a while and look cooler than his younger alt self.

Which will eventually result in young Jon fusing with Damien through some sort of periwinkle kryptonite created by Myx, and "Damon" will save the universe from a kung fu Starro swarm in a tournament held on Thanagar.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-12-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

On a serious note, anyone else remember that Mike McKone art that was floating around a while ago? I'm willing to bet DC got a bunch of different artists to pitch costumes for adult Jon and that was McKone's. When his didn't get picked up, that's when he threw it into auction or whatever it is that he did with it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This is a detail I never would have expected; the lettering to "Superman" on the new #1 has gone back to the original angular look to the U, P, and R as opposed to the rounded look. Very old school.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...24820568588288
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.