Page 164 of 613 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 9194
    BANNED

I actually like that future jon suit,and his scar.

Joms version of being a hybrid must make his powers go up and down sometimes,or atleast enough to get that scar.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Sorry for double posting, but WOW! Whoever guessed Bendis would age Jon seems to be on the money! And the design is by Ivan Reis, again confirming Jon will appear in Superman. More things to consider, is this long term or just for the year long storyline? We know Tomasi said more Super Sons will likely continue after the mini series, so I'm curious how long this will last or if this is just a alternate version of Jon.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8ZnwiH...en-by=dccomics
    I hope he's not going to be too old there is an age difference between Jon and Damian that should kept in mind. I just hope Bendis can write Jon better than he can for his creation Riri Williams. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-12-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I guess I'm going to be the only one who doesn't like the new look for Jon. Why exactly does Jon need such a visible sign as a reminder that he is half human? And why a scarred face of all things? This sounds to me like a set up for a "Jon begins to resent his half human heritage" type of storyline and frankly I've absolutely no interest in that kind of story.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-12-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I guess I'm going to be the only one who doesn't like the new look for Jon. Why exactly does Jon need such a visible sign as a reminder that he is half human? And why a scarred face of all things? This sounds to me like a set up for a "Jon begins to resent his half human heritage" type of storyline and frankly I've absolutely no interest in that kind of story.
    The new look aside from the scar gives off the same vibes as Damian's new costume.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping this is for an "alt future" or "future visit" storyline. Yes, kids grow up fast, but in comics terms, he and Damian should stay kids for a decent while, imo. Let them milk (no pun intended) more stories from this age/phase before pushing them off to the next one. We have plenty of adult and teen superheroes.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Hmm...not sure how sold I am on this yet, on one hand it shows the growth spurt reference was humorous foreshadowing, on the other hand...growing Jon up just seems like such a redundant practice as we already went through this in pre-flashpoint with Chris...and the fact he was deaged eventually makes me think this particular change won't be long for this world either, unless he is from the future and we get to see more of what made Jon like this in the present during the events of Superman.

So it looks like the big drama in Lois and Clark's marriage may be coming to terms with the idea they've missed out on spending time with Jon during his most progressive years, missing out on his latter phase of his childhood and adolescence, unable to guide him, and he comes back having learned mostly under Oz, leading to clashes with his parents. Also they will have to find a way of explaining what happened to their son to their friends, maybe that's why Lois can't face anyone at the Daily Planet? How do you explain that your son is basically cut out of your life long term without making anyone think he's dead or kidnapped?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Sorry...wrong thread...
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-13-2018 at 01:49 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Hmm...not sure how sold I am on this yet, on one hand it shows the growth spurt reference was humorous foreshadowing, on the other hand...growing Jon up just seems like such a redundant practice as we already went through this in pre-flashpoint with Chris...and the fact he was deaged eventually makes me think this particular change won't be long for this world either, unless he is from the future and we get to see more of what made Jon like this in the present during the events of Superman.

So it looks like the big drama in Lois and Clark's marriage may be coming to terms with the idea they've missed out on spending time with Jon during his most progressive years, missing out on his latter phase of his childhood and adolescence, unable to guide him, and he comes back having learned mostly under Oz, leading to clashes with his parents. Also they will have to find a way of explaining what happened to their son to their friends, maybe that's why Lois can't face anyone at the Daily Planet? How do you explain that your son is basically cut out of your life long term without making anyone think he's dead or kidnapped?
    If this is the direction they're going, then someone needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The new look aside from the scar gives off the same vibes as Damian's new costume.
    The costume ain't the problem. Its the scar and what it symbolizes according to the drawing. Ot could be nothing of course but it sounds to me like it could be a set up for Jon hating his human hertiage and seeing it as making him weak. That could potentially lead to his going bad. That not at all what I'd like to see happen.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Here's a thought...lets actually see where this is going before just assuming things. When Bendis was announced people automatically assumed either Lois or Jon or both were being killed off or erased or completely sidelined. Now that isn't the case, one teaser image out of context and then the assumption is " oh no! They're making Jon evil!" Its starting to feel like we're hastily jumping to conclusions in the hopes of affirmation of peoples biases against Bendis and his take over of Superman.

Is it possible that is the direction Bendis is going? Yeah. However I don't think he's that stupid. He said recently naysayers who worry about how he will handle Jon and Lois will end up apologizing soon. I don't think he could possibly think making Jon evil would please most or any of the naysayers. I know Bendis track record has been spotty of late, but I seriously doubt he's that tone deaf or arrogant. If he is...then he'll deserve what backlash he would get. I would probably be leading such a movement.

In the meantime though, let's all just chill a bit.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-13-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I agree, I need to calm down, I always assume the worst with wild, unpredictable directions...I shouldn't really be like this, taking you out of the comfort zone is writing 101

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New Time magazine interview http://time.com/5310986/superman-bri.../?xid=tcoshare

“You get to really focus on what’s unique about Superman and his relationship to his son, and his relationship to his family. And we’re going to really dig into that in the coming months because they’ve been living a traditional family life, but they are by no means a traditional family,” said Bendis. “And I think it actually reflects the family of a lot of people. They don’t have traditional family shapes or traditional family values. They have their own situation based on what they have in front of them and I think having Superman and Lois Lane try that is going to be pretty interesting.”
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Here's a thought...lets actually see where this is going before just assuming things. When Bendis was announced people automatically assumed either Lois or Jon or both were being killed off or erased or completely sidelined. Now that isn't the case, one teaser image out of context and then the assumption is " oh no! They're making Jon evil!" Its starting to feel like we're hastily jumping to conclusions in the hopes of affirmation of peoples biases against Bendis and his take over of Superman.

Is it possible that is the direction Bendis is going? Yeah. However I don't think he's that stupid. He said recently naysayers who worry about how he will handle Jon and Lois will end up apologizing soon. I don't think he could possibly think making Jon evil would please most or any of the naysayers. I know Bendis track record has been spotty of late, but I seriously doubt he's that tone deaf or arrogant. If he is...then he'll deserve what backlash he would get. I would probably be leading such a movement.

I am perfectly chill. That's why I said "it could be nothing". Tis merely speculation much like everyone else has been doing when information comes to light. I don't see anything wrong with that. I really can't help it that Bendis has yet to completely alleviate my continued niggling doubts about his run. I just need time for him to build a little trust and to be frank that's not gonna happen in just three issues. Its a process and its going to take time.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-13-2018 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    New Time magazine interview http://time.com/5310986/superman-bri.../?xid=tcoshare

“You get to really focus on what’s unique about Superman and his relationship to his son, and his relationship to his family. And we’re going to really dig into that in the coming months because they’ve been living a traditional family life, but they are by no means a traditional family,” said Bendis. “And I think it actually reflects the family of a lot of people. They don’t have traditional family shapes or traditional family values. They have their own situation based on what they have in front of them and I think having Superman and Lois Lane try that is going to be pretty interesting.”
    All very cryptic, I mean, it sounds good, it's making it sound like Lois and Clark are adapting to different ways of juggling their chaotic lives in a positive fashion, but I just feel like it's going to come out of nowhere. In-universe they've had ten years of traditional life and to suddenly have that turned upside down and react to it differently when Jurgens and Tomasi/Gleeson showed they could handle all of that like pros is going to throw some readers for a loop.

The idea that the past ten years in the lore for Superman and family were rather normal or traditional is, to me, the oddity. Bendis making it more unorthodox is what makes vastly more sense from my vantage point. Really he shouldn't have to be establishing this at all as it should have already been established before. The way I see it, from the second Lois agrees to go on a first date with Clark, nothing about their courtship and life together should be normal or even close to being what one would consider a traditional life. Its not like I can't imagine it being something Clark would at times like to have (though I also like to imagine there's another side of Clark that likes the unorthodox nature of their lives). And try to get as close as possible to what can be their normal. But traditional normal just shouldn't be able to be achieved, not with what Superman is and what he does daily.

Its even a stretch to me that they made it ten years without Jon realizing something was up, now that the history is such that this Superman is the one and only Superman and he wasn't a hidden secondary option like in the original L&C series when things were still New 52.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El