Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
Fair, and I think I would too if they weren't gearing up for him taking over and I like Jon so I don't want him to fail. But as it is, I'm not seeing them position him to do anything but be a cover track of his old man. If 5G wasn't around the corner, I think I'd just look at it as him taking a chip off the old block, but so far I've yet to see post-Timeskip Jon really establish himself and it's starting to become worrying.
I can understand that. I'm just not having the same reaction at the moment. As he's been written so far, I've found him to deviate in some interesting and subtle ways, but him consciously taking after his dad is always something that's made him work for me. That stuff and his generally excitable nature (sometimes nearly lacking any real ego to speak of) with little to no hint of irony continues to make him a really pleasant character.

I dunno, it's a little hard to explain because all of the words I'd use to describe him are basic, and it's often easier to describe less well adjusted characters who have worse relationships with people around them. Dick would have this same issue but he just happens to be the well adjusted nice one in his world.

But ultimately you'd describe Dick as primarily this optimistic nice guy who always tries to do the right thing.