Page 333 of 613 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, time travel shenanigans is going on.
    It seems more likely to me that this is another Earth/parallel Earth rather than time travel given that Jon traveling the multiverse is in the upcoming issue 9 of Superman. And given the fact that they're looking for Jor-El, thus likely retracing Jon's steps, it stands to reason they'll be traveling the multiverse too. Remember, Bendis said Val-Zod will be featured in the Superman book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hmmm, that's pretty freakin hype, man.

While that does look a bit like Jon, I don't see a Jon Kent tag. Granted, I don't see a Supergirl tag either even though that's pretty clearly her in there, but that's likely because she's hardly there, and the focus of the post is obviously that first panel. So, the missing Jon Kent tag should be noted.

My gut says this is another world in the multiverse/hyper time, and that's an alternate Clark and Lois that Clark is meeting. And that's their daughter. She even seems to be as old as Jon is now. Clark and Jon's space road trip seems like it'll be taking them to other universes, and that seems to line up given Jon's universe jumping before he got back home.

Whatever it is, I'm digging the hell out of the scope of this story. Bendis seems like he really isn't kidding about this being a Superman Family Crisis.
    Isn't hypertime basically just parallel timelines that branched of because of the differences in certain events like the pre flashpoint, new 52,injustice, pre crisis .. Etc. So, this could be just a possible future of this timeline. This universe could stay on course, or branch of.

Isn't hypertime basically just parallel timelines that branched of because of the differences in certain events like the pre flashpoint, new 52,injustice, pre crisis .. Etc. So, this could be just a possible future of this timeline. This universe could stay on course, or branch of.
    True, but I only wrote hyper time as a companion term to the Multiverse. In the sense that quite a few worlds in the multiverse are conceptually based off the idea of parallel worlds with changed events (great or small) from Earth-0 (our Earth). I'd say this is Multiverse travel because it's something that's be totally built up since issue 3 of Man of Steel, and it's something that Jon will have already gone through in issue 9 of Superman.

There's set up for Multiverse travel more so than there is for time travel in this run, so that's what I lean towards.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

True, but I only wrote hyper time as a companion term to the Multiverse. In the sense that quite a few worlds in the multiverse are conceptually based off the idea of parallel worlds with changed events (great or small) from Earth-0 (our Earth). I'd say this is Multiverse travel because it's something that's be totally built up since issue 3 of Man of Steel, and it's something that Jon will have already gone through in issue 9 of Superman.

There's set up for Multiverse travel more so than there is for time travel in this run, so that's what I lean towards.
    But multiverse from what i gather is based on space vibrating in difference frequencies now. Flash can just vibrate and get there.It is also limited to 52. Each hypertime timeline(universe) has it's own multiverse. So, precrisis, new52,injustice, post crisis(after, return of multiverse) has it's own multiverse.it is not restricted in anyway.it is infinite in nature. It can/may even have timelines with combination and permutations of events. For instance, the new timeline post reborn.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-22-2019 at 10:52 PM.

But multiverse from what i gather is based on space vibrating in difference frequencies now. Flash can just vibrate and get there.
    Yes, this is true.

It is also limited to 52.
    This isn't true anymore. There's only 52 known worlds. It's implied to be infinite again like pre-crisis.

Each hypertime timeline(universe) has it's own multiverse.
    That's never been stated or implied anywhere in DC text that I'm aware of. Hyper time, as it was conceived originally, was used as a multiverse for DC during early post-crisis because in the 80s after Crisis On Infinite Earths DC got rid of its multiverse. The Multiverse was then reinstated on a grand scale in Infinite Crisis. And given all that he's been saying, Bendis seems to be using the Multiverse over Hyper Time here. There's obviously no way for me to know for sure, but, again, given the evidence and foreshadowing, I'd say it's most likely the Multiverse

BANNED

One of my early private predictions was that Bendis would introduce a second Kent child. Perhaps I'm bang on the money

Morrison and Snyder brought back the JLApes world in Dark Knights: Metal- The Wild Hunt as The 53rd Earth, and Snyder used Miller DKR Batman even though I don’t believe that’s one of the “official” Earths in the Multiverse. So I think DC is opening up to the idea of adding more Earths.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

With that tease of the daughter, wouldn't it be funny if Bendis actually did introduce another child of superman and lois into the main DCU? That way we can have both teen Jon and a little girl for people so desperate for super kid adventures.

Yes, this is true.

This isn't true anymore. There's only 52 known worlds. It's implied to be infinite again like pre-crisis.

That's never been stated or implied anywhere in DC text that I'm aware of. Hyper time, as it was conceived originally, was used as a multiverse for DC during early post-crisis because in the 80s after Crisis On Infinite Earths DC got rid of its multiverse. The Multiverse was then reinstated on a grand scale in Infinite Crisis. And given all that he's been saying, Bendis seems to be using the Multiverse over Hyper Time here. There's obviously no way for me to know for sure, but, again, given the evidence and foreshadowing, I'd say it's most likely the Multiverse
    Yeah, i know with emergence of Dark multiverse. But the point is, it is still based on space. Not time or event based. So, it is limited by it. There is also the source wall which used to exist.
    Injustice has it's own multiverse. So, did preflashpoint universe. New 52 has it's own multiverse.precrsis has it's own. Heck, the flashpoint timeline must have had it's own multiverse. Barry/Wally can't just vibrate at a certain frequency to enter/get to a hypertime timeline. He has run through the speedforce and generate/enough of it to break the time barrier . From what i gather it is based on chronol energy in speed force. He is cut of from it in flash war. This seems to be a way to differentiate the two.Since,both of them exist now. Hypertime is not occupied with literal universes. They consist of different timelines with it's own multiverse, which may or may not branched of. So, it is limited by the chances of an even happening and split in timeline. I sort of view multiverse as static image which can be infinite. But, the hypertime is sort of like motion picture with different level of freedom and possibilities .
    It's like,the universe in my past is inside a multiverse and all my future possibilities have it's own multiverse.you can create a map of the charted parts of the multiverse. But, it is near impossible to do that with timelines because of the number of branches.
    But, yeah! It could be just multiverse. But, from his marvel experience. I thought he would go for hypertime. Since their multiverse is basically hypertime. They don't have a space based multiverse.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-22-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Yeah, i know with emergence of Dark multiverse. But the point is, it is still based on space. Not time or event based. So, it is limited by it. There is also the source wall which used to exist.
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying,or I'm not communicating it as well as I should, but that's fine because it's totally besides the point. My main point is dealing in the fact of this run and not much else. Bendis has done nothing but mention the multiverse when given the chance. Val-Zod of Earth 2 will be in his Superman run, Jon traveled to Earth-3 and it's possibly where he and Jor-El got separated, Bendis had both Kara and Hal mention the multiverse in Man of Steel, and Bendis had Jon and Clark talk about other versions of them in Man of Steel before Jon left.

The bottom line is the multiverse has been mentioned a bunch, and seems like it will be a large part of the upcoming story, and hyper time has yet to be mentioned even once--these are facts-- so I'm more comfortable assuming this is a world in the multiverse till I hear or see otherwise.

That said it could totally be hypertime given that's what Sons of Tomorrow arc (that Bendis is bringing up (but also re contextualizing as a multiverse story)) dealt with.

But even if it is, I doubt the point would be to bring back kid Jon alongside teen Jon. That totally undercuts the whole "this is a loss that Lois and Clark will have to deal with, and continue to deal with for some time to come" idea that Bendis is unambiguously going for. Bendis is communicating an expressly "no do-over" sort of mood around the story. Time travel to get back kid Jon is any complicity is literally a do-over.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-23-2019 at 12:05 AM.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying,or I'm not communicating it as well as I should, but that's fine because it's totally besides the point. My main point is dealing in the fact of this run and not much else. Bendis has done nothing but mention the multiverse when given the chance. Val-Zod of Earth 2 will be in his Superman run, Jon traveled to Earth-3 and it's possibly where he and Jor-El got separated, Bendis had both Kara and Hal mention the multiverse in Man of Steel, and Bendis had Jon and Clark talk about other versions of them in Man of Steel before Jon left.

The bottom line is the multiverse has been mentioned a bunch, and seems like it will be a large part of the upcoming story, and hyper time has yet to be mentioned even once--these are facts-- so I'm more comfortable assuming this is a world in the multiverse till I hear or see otherwise.

That said it could totally be hypertime given that's what Sons of Tomorrow arc (that Bendis is bringing up (but also re contextualizing as a multiverse story)) dealt with.

But even if it is, I doubt the point would be to bring back kid Jon alongside teen Jon. That totally undercuts the whole "this is a loss that Lois and Clark will have to deal with, and continue to deal with for some time to come" idea that Bendis is unambiguously going for. Bendis is communicating an expressly "no do-over" sort of mood around the story. Time travel to get back kid Jon is any complicity is literally a do-over.
    They could do it, later. After, bendis is done with whatever he is doing. They could wrap it with a neat bow. With them finding kid jon with jor el. And the future jon himself finding out he is from a possible future, where jon got trapped in the black hole. They may even send him back to that timeline to be with his parents or to the future with legion. It is an out, basically.
    This does reaffirm the family status quo like bendis said. Clark and Lois will come to appreciate the time they have with Jon. Before he leaves the nest. And bittersweet sadness about future jon's life that he lived through with Jor el. He will basically be Trunks. Heck! They may even give him a happy ending. Marvel is the masters of having your cake and eating too.

They could do it, later. After, bendis is done with whatever he is doing. They could wrap it with a neat bow. With them finding kid jon with jor el. And the future jon himself finding out he is from a possible future, where jon got trapped in the black hole. They may even send him back to that timeline to be with his parents or to the future with legion. It is an out, basically.
    This does reaffirm the family status quo like bendis said. Clark and Lois will come to appreciate the time they have with Jon. Before he leaves the nest. And bittersweet sadness about future jon's life that he lived through with Jor el. He will basically be Trunks. Heck! They may even give him a happy ending. Marvel is the masters of having your cake and eating too.
    But why would they regress Jon to an uni-dimensional character with an absolute lack of potential stories ?

Supersons was utterly devoid of actual stories almost from the get go, and it's basically the best kid Jon has to offer.

Why would anyone want him to return to it and lose the troves of stories than can now be developed from what bendis is doing with teen Jon is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    But why would they regress Jon to an uni-dimensional character with an absolute lack of potential stories ?

Supersons was utterly devoid of actual stories almost from the get go, and it's basically the best kid Jon has to offer.

Why would anyone want him to return to it and lose the troves of stories than can now be developed from what bendis is doing with teen Jon is beyond me...
    Opinions.. Opinions. Dude, you hate jon. We get it. But, you are stuck with him just like Damian.Kid Jon is bound to return in the future Because this ages Clark, significantly. It is not sustainable . And didio hates aging Silverage heroes. Erasing jon seems, to not going to happen. The way i see it you can either ignore or accept . Like the horrendous writing i have to read through sometimes with Damian.
    Besides, it is not for you. It is For me and everyone else in the deage camp.
    Also,it is only a possibility. I am not saying it is going to happen. But, comics has a way of swinging on way or another. As, someone said bendis likes to put back his toys like the way they were for the next writer.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-23-2019 at 03:59 AM.

They could do it, later. After, bendis is done with whatever he is doing.
    Sure, literally anything is possible, but I'm talking specifically about the run we are actually in right now.

They could wrap it with a neat bow.
    That's not really what I'd call a "neat bow", though. It's just an active do-over. That has no thematic companionship with the story at had: a story of consequences for action. So while a team down the line could pluck kid Jon out of time and get an do-over while keep teen Jon to or whatever, that doesn't mean it doesn't actively fly in the face of the point behind the story choices in the first place. Thus, it's anything but a "neat bow" in my opinion, and I'm sure that's not something that really bothers the people who just want kid Jon back, so it's whatever.

Clark and Lois will come to appreciate the time they have with Jon.
    They showed no indication of not appreciating their time with their son at any point, so I wouldn't understand the sentiment you're insinuating.

And bittersweet sadness about future jon's life that he lived through with Jor el.
    Why? They'd have their second chance at it. Honestly, what would Clark and Lois bringing up a younger version of Jon while he's still very much alive and well say to him about his parents? It's kind of messed up, honestly. This kid lives years in space adhering to their teaching at every moment, makes his way home on his own, and--as Bendis specifically said--is extremely proud of everything he's done, but his parents said "nah kiddo, we want a do-over." I'd imagine he'd feel pretty awful.

Just so you guys know Bendis went out of his way to establish that the O5 X-Men couldn’t just mind wipe themselves and go back in time because of various bs reasons. Once Marvel decides to send them back they.. mindwiped themselves and went back in time. And that was the end. So even if Bendis does go out of his way to establish that Jon can’t go back to the way he was, if DC wants him to be 11 again he will be. So I wouldn’t worry too much, or conversely get too attached to grown-up Jon.