Page 413 of 613 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    COUNTERPOINT! Remote controlled robot body OR the ending of Scooby-Doo when Scrappy walks out of the giant suit.
    Counter-counterpoint : Damian would burst open out of shame once he would be revealed, preventing Leviathan from gaining more traction in the long run.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's a bold theory, but I have a counter-argument : Leviathan is tall, Damian is small !

More seriously, I don't really see Damian being Leviathan, but I could see him accepting his offer, out of tiredness from trying to do the right thing the heroic way, then in a new way, and yet always failing without anyone supporting him.
    I mean, it's not like I have any hard evidence to support it. I just think that thematically it works out pretty well, and as a bonus Leviathan remains in the al Ghul family. It also plays really well into current day events (speaking as an American) where we have stuff like the kids from Stoneman Douglas High who were victims of a horrific shooting, and have since become leading activist in the continued conversation for gun safety and regulation. The country and the world are full of these sorts of stories where young people have frankly just had it with what's been the norm.

I think a young person works best to accentuate what Leviathan seems to be going for, and plays well into where Bendis' natural proclivities and storytelling interest are (noticed the very cavalier global warming allegory in Naomi issue 5?), and Damian, as he currently functions, seems to line up best in a number of way.....so far of course. Plus, if this is gonna be a some sort of civil war about the future of what heroes are and should be, then maybe it'd be best that the two sides aren't two older heroes. And you scratch the all important "Batman vs Superman" ideological split itch without having to through the old motions with Bruce and Clark again for the millionth time.

I know absolutely nothing for sure, and won't die on this hill, but like I said, think about it, ya know?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-17-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, in Japan some people have married characters in video games, so.....yes?
    Too much effort, but still they're very pretty pages.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1014
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Lex Luthor comes home to Metropolis in this “Year of the Villain” tie-in issue! What does he have up his sleeve? Some very interesting offers for the woman behind the city’s invisible mafia…offers that no one could refuse! Plus, what is the secret of the Red Cloud? Ask Lex—he knows! Don’t miss this huge chapter in both “Year of the Villain” and EVENT LEVIATHAN!
    ON SALE 08.28.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

EVENT LEVIATHAN #3
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by JAY ANACLETO
    From the award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, it’s DC’s biggest whodunit in years! The world’s greatest detectives—Batman, Green Arrow, Lois Lane, Plastic Man, the Question and Martian Manhunter—have gathered to solve the mystery behind the true identity of Leviathan’s leaders and the destruction of the world’s top intelligence agencies! Red Hood is their leading suspect—and he is on the loose! Plus, the Silencer takes her shot! This mystery will unleash a new evil on the DC Universe!
    ON SALE 08.14.19
    $3.99 US | 3 OF 6 | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

SUPERMAN #14
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Lex Luthor is back in Metropolis-—and he’s ready to wreak havoc! First stop, the most dangerous woman in the DC Universe: Lois Lane! Alone, her family a galaxy away, will Lois be tempted by Apex Lex’s offer? What does Lex have that this reporter can’t turn away from? Don’t miss this shocking new twist in the Superman mythos!
    ON SALE 08.14.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

YOUNG JUSTICE #8
    art by JOHN TIMMS and ELENA CASAGRANDE
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    card stock variant cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    Lost in the Multiverse! The heroes of Young Justice must stay together as they fight to find their way home. Too bad they’re about to cross paths with their own evil look-alikes! Plus, the secrets of Jinny Hex are revealed in a special sequence illustrated by Elena Casagrande! Get set for some of the craziest stuff you’ve seen in years! (Spoilers!)
    ON SALE 08.07.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+

https://www.newsarama.com/45229-dc-c...citations.html

Or Leviathan is somehow Stephanie Brown. As hinted by the Batman books, she's missing/not responding. Last we heard of her, she'd just found out that her father wanted to "connect" with her again, and she was venting her frustration over her dad being a criminal at all.

Worth noting that she went to Barbra, a fellow Batgirl to make the offer, she 'tried it Bruce's way', and she's young.

I'd rather it be Damian, and think his story of late feels better for it, but I can see a case for Stephanie too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Or Leviathan is somehow Stephanie Brown. As hinted by the Batman books, she's missing/not responding. Last we heard of her, she'd just found out that her father wanted to "connect" with her again, and she was venting her frustration over her dad being a criminal at all.

Worth noting that she went to Barbra, a fellow Batgirl to make the offer, she 'tried it Bruce's way', and she's young.

I'd rather it be Damian, and think his story of late feels better for it, but I can see a case for Stephanie too.
    Steph? Bubbly blond girl, positive outlook, stood against her criminal father since early on (hence her BECOMING Spoiler)?

And Damian, a 13-14 year old with trust issues, barely hold a team of fellow heroes together, has a "complicated" (antagonistic) relationship with his mother (founder of Leviathan)?

Either of them suddenly becoming the head of an international secret criminal organization reeks of out of character writing.
    Don't even get me started on Jason Todd being the leader. He has plenty of reason to not be with Bruce, be he's dedicated himself to bringing down crime groups, from the inside if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Steph? Bubbly blond girl, positive outlook, stood against her criminal father since early on (hence her BECOMING Spoiler)? And Damian, a 13-14 year old with trust issues, barely hold a team of fellow heroes together, has a "complicated" (antagonistic) relationship with his mother (founder of Leviathan)?
    Yep! My two prime suspects. Bendis is the one handling Steph, and Damian's current storyline and connections to the name make him a possibility. All I know is that I'm quite sure that it's a young hero. I honestly think Steph would be the weaker choice of the two, but I'm sure Damian will join up with Leviathan's side as one of the heroes that agrees with their views.

Jon will very likely be in opposition. I'd also wager that Conner, based on his characterization before he left for Gemworld, will join Leviathan cause too. Tim'll like be in opposition, and that'll give a great little swapped Robins and Superboys showdown at some point.

Either of them suddenly becoming the head of an international secret criminal organization reeks of out of character writing.
    Can't really call "out of character" when the story or the motivations within haven't been presented yet. It also seems clear that the Leviathan character isn't criminal in the conventional sense. The main thing they're doing is doing away with redundant secret organizations, but even then they don't seem to be killing anyone.

Don't even get me started on Jason Todd being the leader. He has plenty of reason to not be with Bruce, be he's dedicated himself to bringing down crime groups, from the inside if necessary.
    Yes, and Leviathan's pitch sounds an awful lot like what Jason's position is commonly known as (minus the killing), so I'm sure you can imagined how he'd be a suspect. But you can't honetsly think it's anything more than a misdirect, right?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe the misdirect is that’s Bendis wants us to think it’s a misdirect when he’s actually been telling us who it is from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe the misdirect is that’s Bendis wants us to think it’s a misdirect when he’s actually been telling us who it is from the very beginning.
    Red Cloud did turn out to be the most obvious suspect as well.

Fair point on that one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Then again, Miss Goode was never directly named as a suspect by anyone, and solicitations didn't name her as a suspect. The books didn't seem to care that much that the reader knew it was her because they show her as a likely bad guy in the very first issue.

I still say Jason is specifically a misdirect.

BANNED

Event Leviathan promo for Lois

I was thinking it might be Sam Lane. Him as a baddie’s got precedence. Why would Damian or Jason care about wiping out intelligence agencies? But someone like General Lane it might serve an agenda. They backpedaled on Jor-El being a bad guy, might open the door to give Sam the super-villain treatment.

I actually wouldn't be half-surprised if the identity is female.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Bendis' video for the Diamond Retailer Summit

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...s-vegas-video/