Page 414 of 613 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 9194
    BANNED

There were hints in the Supergirl finale last night that Bendis' Leviathan story will be adapted next season...guess they want some synergy now that the DEO has been destroyed in the books

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually wouldn't be half-surprised if the identity is female.
    That crossed my mind too.

One thing that really stood out to me.....Bendis has Batwoman listed as the head of Spyral. What? That came, quite literally, out of nowhere. She had nothing to do with that agency, that was all Nightwing. Could Kate taking over Spyral be a hint of her new direction? I think there's precedence to Kate being behind Leviathan; she joined the Colony in Tynion's 'Tec and went against Bruce. She's always approached things with a soldier's perspective, and her father was deeply involved in the Colony and America's shadier dealings; he knows Waller on a first-name basis, for example. It'd make some sense for Kate to decide to take over the spy-corner of the DCU.

Someone suggested Steph Brown too, and I don't think it'd make a ton of sense; she doesn't have the juice to pull this sort of thing off. But it'd be keeping in line with her arc in 'Tec, where she joined Anarchy and found herself denying the Batman method of heroism. It'd be a huge upgrade to her capability but taking over the spy agencies does seem somewhat fitting for her recent developments.

Can't rule out Waller. She's already the closest thing DC has to a super spy and is usually considered the "face" of DC's intelligence community, so putting her in charge of the whole thing and consolidating that mess......seems almost too obvious to be considered.

Are we sure this isn't just Talia, playing games?

Jason.....I dunno, it seems far too clandestine for him. He's got a history of being a villain and a Punisher-style anti-hero, and he's willing to work from the inside to take down criminals, but the spy world? Jason's more of a "blow up the building with all the bad guys in it" kind of guy. I guess he's taken over Penguin's operations (or at least the club?) in his own book but taking down the entire spy world is a pretty big step from that. I could maybe see him taking over a military group like Argus and sending armies after villains, but I struggle to see him getting involved with the spy stuff like the DEO and Spyral.

It'd make sense if Damian took over Leviathan.....but I see that as a decision he'd make later in life; that'd be his "Nightwing" moment, where he takes up a new identity and mission after outgrowing Robin. Still, it seems they've been pushing Damian in this kind of direction lately, what with the secret prison, so.....I doubt it but can't write it off completely.

Someone has also suggested Dick Grayson and my knee-jerk reaction is pure hatred for the idea. But I've also been one of the people who've championed the idea of Dick running Spyral, or at least still working with them (with the costume and Nightwing name this time around), and the current "Ric" situation has made basically everyone forget that Dick is even there, so......I can't decide if this is what I've wanted to see and will save the character from his current circumstances or if it's another slap in the face to him and his fans by turning him into a villain.

Sam Lane seems very possible, and Bendis is doing a lot with the topic of fathers, and it'd play nicely into Lois' new ongoing too, but it's also a pretty boring development. It'd make some sense but.....is anyone going to care about Sam Lane being the guy in charge of DC's spy world?

It'll probably be some C-lister we'll never see coming; the Question or Richard Dragon or someone.

Could be Arrow, too. This sort of thing isn't usually in Ollie's wheelhouse but after Roy's death Ollie isn't exactly a big fan of the League, and this could be him trying to find a way to do things "right" and bring some accountability to the heroes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think that was just Bendis misspelling Kathy as Kate and editorial not catching the slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think that was just Bendis misspelling Kathy as Kate and editorial not catching the slip up.
    Could be, but didnt they have a little profile picture of Batwoman next to it?

I hope you're right though, it'd make damn little sense for Kate to suddenly be in charge of the organization.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Could be, but didnt they have a little profile picture of Batwoman next to it?

I hope you're right though, it'd make damn little sense for Kate to suddenly be in charge of the organization.
    They did, but it was basically a redraw of a panel Epting did for Batwoman Rebirth. It's just a mistake; it's not an exaggeration to say that it literally makes no sense for Kate to be associated with Spyral.

I think there's precedence to Kate being behind Leviathan; she joined the Colony in Tynion's 'Tec and went against Bruce.
    She wasn't against Bruce, and specifically says otherwise.

She's always approached things with a soldier's perspective, and her father was deeply involved in the Colony and America's shadier dealings; he knows Waller on a first-name basis, for example.
    He does?

It'd make some sense for Kate to decide to take over the spy-corner of the DCU.
    No, it really wouldn't. Why would she want anything to do with them after what another government agency (the DEO) put her through? And when she already has both a civilian job and a vigilante role she's satisfied with? Why would she ever want to be part of an organization that was literally founded by a Nazi?
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-21-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Maggie's incompetence annoyed me in this. She's a better cop than that, dammit.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    They did, but it was basically a redraw of a panel Epting did for Batwoman Rebirth. It's just a mistake; it's not an exaggeration to say that it literally makes no sense for Kate to be associated with Spyral.
    I know! It really doesnt. But has someone at DC said it was a mistake? A name spelled wrong would be one thing. Kate's face being included by accident too? That seems like a bigger oversight. DC's missed bigger, but still.

She wasn't against Bruce, and specifically says otherwise.
    Didn't she lead a team of soldiers into the mansion itself?

He does?
    I think so? Im pretty sure you're a bigger Batwoman fan than I am, and remember her stories better, but I could swear I remember a conversation between the two.

No, it really wouldn't. Why would she want anything to do with them after what another government agency (the DEO) put her through? And when she already has both a civilian job and a vigilante role she's satisfied with? Why would she ever want to be part of an organization that was literally founded by a Nazi?
    Perhaps she'd want to get involved to make sure what happened with her and the DEO doesn't happen again? Maybe she's tired of the Colonies and the Spyrals and the Courts of Owls of the world mucking things up and that they've been screwing with people (heroes included) and getting away with it for too long? What reason did Dick have to join Spyral until the writers put it on him?

Who knows why Bendis might write Kate into it. I said myself it doesn't make much sense. And if her name being tied to Spyral was indeed a mistake then this theory doesn't have any feet under it. But I can see how Bendis might try to spin it. Characters have been through bigger and weirder transitions. That said, I really dont think this is Kate. I'm not just totally ruling it out. It's a dumb idea, and it's DC. They're no stranger to dumb ideas.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know! It really doesnt. But has someone at DC said it was a mistake? A name spelled wrong would be one thing. Kate's face being included by accident too? That seems like a bigger oversight. DC's missed bigger, but still.
    It's a mistake regardless.

Didn't she lead a team of soldiers into the mansion itself?
    In the potential future, where she wasn't actually after Bruce.

I think so? Im pretty sure you're a bigger Batwoman fan than I am, and remember her stories better, but I could swear I remember a conversation between the two.
    I've never seen them even mention each other anywhere.

Perhaps she'd want to get involved to make sure what happened with her and the DEO doesn't happen again? Maybe she's tired of the Colonies and the Spyrals and the Courts of Owls of the world mucking things up and that they've been screwing with people (heroes included) and getting away with it for too long?
    Because those organizations are ones that are either completely defunct (the Colony) or weakened (the Owls) by the time of this story, or they're ones she just doesn't give a rip about.

And all this isn't even getting into why Spyral itself would want her. Sure she's competent, but she was outright insubordinate to the DEO in the latter part of her time with them, and was involved in a mission that resulted in the DEO Director falling into a coma. That's who they want in charge? Maybe if they're all complete idiots, I guess.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-21-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Young Justice meets Kingdom Come in an upcoming arc: "over in young Justice #youngjustice are trapped in the multiverse and are headed towards kingdom come" https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxvuk2GhcYz/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Young Justice meets Kingdom Come in an upcoming arc: "over in young Justice #youngjustice are trapped in the multiverse and are headed towards kingdom come" https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxvuk2GhcYz/
    I love how there's already one comment begging Bendis not to inflict damage on S/WW there

BANNED

Naomi will be appearing in Action Comics and Young Justice ahead of her title's return

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...12903877328896

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I love how there's already one comment begging Bendis not to inflict damage on S/WW there
    I guess Bendis' writing will be viewed as a multiversal threat now. 😝

I wonder if they'll just stop by their universe or do a one-off issue on it....

Bendis writing the Kingdom Come universe. That should be a trip .

Interesting. Wonder what time period it will be in relation to the actual events of KC, before during after, if Clark and Diana have their kids yet, etc etc.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El