Page 530 of 613 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm kinda sad the Mongul fight is an actual fight. I figured it would be, but I would have loved to see Mongul sit down and actually argue for why the UP is a bad idea.

Those pages are legit, Reis is an art god, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the story, but still.

Ah well, we're getting politician Zod so I suppose it'd be overkill for Mongul to do something similar. Not to mention very out of character for him.
    Well now, superman vs mongol. I hope, Mongol gets built up as a serious threat and fight is actually good. Its about time there are good fights in superman comics.Bring on the action for me.
    Dude, they while kicking each others butt. It's standard troupe. Bad guys and good guys talk while beating each other ragged . And mongul likes talking in sarcastic i am better than you inferior specimens sort of way. I prefer a superman who talks less, though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm kinda sad the Mongul fight is an actual fight. I figured it would be, but I would have loved to see Mongul sit down and actually argue for why the UP is a bad idea.
    I feel you. That's my vibe too more or less. I'm sure I'll end up digging it for what it will be rather than what I'd hoped it'll be though.

Ah well, we're getting politician Zod so I suppose it'd be overkill for Mongul to do something similar. Not to mention very out of character for him.
    I am interested in what the idea is behind his inclusion in the story though. Mongul does sort of personify a sort of galactic stagnation. He's the sci-fi of the 1930s and 40s. He's an evil emperor, Julius Caesar archetype wrapped in John Carter and Flash Gordon. Might is what he knows, and how he operates. But the Galaxy is passing him by. He's starting to look more like a caveman in the face of this new idea that pushes towards understanding and progress.

It's evolve or die time, but he's going out swinging I suppose. I'm sure that's likely not it, but thematically I'm kind of more down for Mongul as a pick for the opposition here than I was at first blush.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-20-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Didn't Mongul get his ass kicked twice by Bendis already? I know he appeared in that Naomi book. Also in Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    Didn't Mongul get his ass kicked twice by Bendis already? I know he appeared in that Naomi book. Also in Metal.
    There was one quick fight in the Bendis Superline (+Naomi) but this time, Mongul seems to have some sort of apparatus on his torso, which may boost his prowess.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    There was one quick fight in the Bendis Superline (+Naomi) but this time, Mongul seems to have some sort of apparatus on his torso, which may boost his prowess.
    I checked and it's not even a fight. Superman just sucker punches him while Mongul's creeping up on the ruins of the old Fortress of Solitude for some reason. Totally random xD!! But I see what you mean. We'll see I guess. The artwork looks great as usual. Lot's of action. It's the saving grace of this run for me haha

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This may mean nothing at all, but Bendis posted him and Matt fraction going to Burbank for what I assume are meetings with DC. I wonder if this is implying fraction may have more work DC work in the future, it’d be exciting if he does something for 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This may mean nothing at all, but Bendis posted him and Matt fraction going to Burbank for what I assume are meetings with DC. I wonder if this is implying fraction may have more work DC work in the future, it’d be exciting if he does something for 5G.
    I hope so! Fraction is a great writer and I’d love to see him do more DC work.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

There are so many books Fraction would be great on, but I'd be lying if I said I don't want more Jimmy Olsen.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

God, I hope Fraction is staying not just at DC but also in the Superman line.

In his word balloon interview he seemed so very enthused about working in the Superman line with his friends, and genuinely happy working on Superman and his world.

I'd love nothing more than to keep his enthusiasm and specific sensibilities in the Superman line for a good long while.

If 5G makes a Jimmy Olsen book tricky to put out then I'd love it if he'd at least get to co write Action with Bendis.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    God, I hope Fraction is staying not just at DC but also in the Superman line.

In his word balloon interview he seemed so very enthused about working in the Superman line with his friends, and genuinely happy working on Superman and his world.

I'd love nothing more than to keep his enthusiasm and specific sensibilities in the Superman line for a good long while.

If 5G makes a Jimmy Olsen book tricky to put out then I'd love it if he'd at least get to co write Action with Bendis.
    That or a Black Label Superman book are what I’d love to see from him.

Spectacular Member

Someone else writing Action might allow Bendis to put most of his concentration in the Superman book which could only improve it

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I feel you. That's my vibe too more or less. I'm sure I'll end up digging it for what it will be rather than what I'd hoped it'll be though.

I am interested in what the idea is behind his inclusion in the story though. Mongul does sort of personify a sort of galactic stagnation. He's the sci-fi of the 1930s and 40s. He's an evil emperor, Julius Caesar archetype wrapped in John Carter and Flash Gordon. Might is what he knows, and how he operates. But the Galaxy is passing him by. He's starting to look more like a caveman in the face of this new idea that pushes towards understanding and progress.

It's evolve or die time, but he's going out swinging I suppose. I'm sure that's likely not it, but thematically I'm kind of more down for Mongul as a pick for the opposition here than I was at first blush.
    Yeah, the story will be good I'm sure, but I was hoping to see a different side to Mongul. But, yknow, he doesn't really have that side anyway.....and if Bendis tried to write Mongul sitting down and arguing (even if he was yelling and smashing tables while doing it) against the UP instead of just punching people, it wouldn't really be Mongul at all.

And Fraction, yeah that man needs to stick around. I want him in the Super-verse for years to come. And if he's willing and able to do another book beyond Jimmy or whatever he ends up getting, fingers crossed for Nightwing. It won't happen, Fraction is too big a name for DC to put him on Dick Grayson, but a man can dream.

I'd be down with Fraction on Cyborg as well.

Or really, Fraction on damn near anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    Wonder-Girl one punched him out of the city in Young Justice under Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Wasn't that Eclipso?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

So Mongul is the designated jobber of DC then.