Page 204 of 613 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    "Angst" is becoming such a ridiculous word on the internet. It can go in the landfill along with "emo" as far as I'm concerned given how it's often used.

Anyways, yeah it's page 16, but then again context matters. I'd like to read it before I flip out one way or the other.
    I'm not exactly flipping out, just curious about the pace of the book. I had a theory the flashbacks are actually the flashbacks to the confrontation and Lois still needs alone time, but wants to assure Clark that she'll be back eventually.

I'm probably way off, but I'm just trying to put Bendis' past interviews into context with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks man, you've got the patience of jobe with me sometimes

I really need a twitter handle or something I can go to whenever I feel like venting.
    Ha, no problem. I use twitter on occasion but man if you want to talk about a toxic atmosphere. We can get animated here but its on another level over there. Its why I still prefer the old bulletin board format. The old DC forums weren't even as bad as twitter has become and that place was the wild west of comic book talk, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ha, no problem. I use twitter on occasion but man if you want to talk about a toxic atmosphere. We can get animated here but its on another level over there. Its why I still prefer the old bulletin board format. The old DC forums weren't even as bad as twitter has become and that place was the wild west of comic book talk, haha.
    I probably would never look at Twitter comments on my own feed, just like I never look at Youtube comments on my videos

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not exactly flipping out, just curious about the pace of the book.
    No worries, I wasn't saying you personally are/were flipping out. I was speaking in general.

I had a theory the flashbacks are actually the flashbacks to the confrontation and Lois still needs alone time, but wants to assure Clark that she'll be back eventually.
    That actually sounds very interesting and super possible. In this possibility, the question of where they're at emotionally is resolved, but circumstances outside of them require they keep up the distance.

Adding a bit to your theory, I find it pretty interesting that while Clark's in the stock room he's thinking back, he's also looking at his glasses, the symbol of Clark Kent. You know what I'm about to say next lol The Lois/Superman theory. Did she propose the plan to Clark after they reconciled? Something to think about.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Adding a bit to your theory, I find it pretty interesting that while Clark's in the stock room he's thinking back, he's also looking at his glasses, the symbol of Clark Kent. You know what I'm about to say next lol The Lois/Superman theory. Did she propose the plan to Clark after they reconciled? Something to think about.
    Oh that's clever...so Clark already knows Lois is back and the plan is in motion? That'd mean the solicits are lying.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh that's clever...so Clark already knows Lois is back and the plan is in motion? That'd mean the solicits are lying.
    Not really lying, but more so asking questions that could be answered through resent post-space flashbacks. If you theory is true, then we'd likely open the issue with a distraught looking Clark, Lois talking about her book on TV or something, and then we'd draw the conclusion that things are bad. That's where the post-space flashback come in, and the bigger picture is shown, then we realize what Clark's been contemplating is going forward with the plan. That shifts the drama from "are they still together" to "can they pull this craziness off" aka Bendis' "happy married drama."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Cool, doesn't relate to Bendis but I'm glad Lois is getting some spotlight.
    I use this thread for all the Superman related news.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

From Superman #3.

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    From Superman #3.

People are in revolt because they've discovered that they're trapped in the Phantom Zone?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

They're probably rioting and stealing with things in a state of confusion. Whatever it is, I think Reis handled it most elegantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    They're probably rioting and stealing with things in a state of confusion. Whatever it is, I think Reis handled it most elegantly.
    Ivan Reis is a master.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    From Superman #3.

So beyond "rad". Ivan Reis' art is straight dope for my eyes. Why can't he draw EVERYTHING??

I love it. He just makes a quick appearance and people realize they need to stop being stupid. I hope in the finished page he doesn't say a word.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope in the finished page he doesn't say a word.
    I hope he says spoilers:
    "Caca Poo Poo."
    end of spoilers out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-14-2018 at 10:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I hope he says spoilers:
    "Caca Poo Poo."
    end of spoilers out of nowhere.
    But...but he's an award winning journalist who can't bring himself to even say "suck"