Page 485 of 613 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    All i meant, was that he thought romance was yucky business or he was clueless .
    He is 17. but, he was 10 just issues ago. And the connective tissues haven't exactly been great. Both teen jokes with jon and lois fell flat for me. It just ain't for me. I would appreciate it if they let jon be just a fun character Like goku or vegeta. I mean, dbz has minimal teen nonsense. Pairings and other things are never the focus or given any attention. Pairing nonsense and cw type teen drama is the last thing i want from the character.

I want to see more of this jon himself before any kind of other nonsense. It been like 4 OR 5 issues. Yet, They haven't established the character yet.we barely know the character. I haven't gotten any cool attributes of the character. His backstory on earth 3 is barely fleshed out.I hope legion is some cw type teen drama cause that would be a big turn off. I hope it's more like my hero academia or one piece or something.i want their to be no to minimal focus on those kind of things.just focus on action, adventure, sci-fi and great world building
    I don't think Dragon Ball is a great comparison to shoot for due to it's drastically different internal logic, but I get the gist of what you're saying.

But the thing you're kind of overlooking is that ones character are often times defines and reinforced by who they make friends with and who they are romantically involved with. More dimensions of a character get explored in the specific contexts of who they're associating with, and how they associate with them. Jon's not gonna be quite the same person around Damian that he would be around his mom and dad. He's character opens up in a new and specific way around his friend that it doesn't around his parents. The same would be true for any romantic partners. And it would be different from Damian and his parents. People come with many faces, and those faces to fully show themselves at every situation.

But I get what you're saying insofar as him being 10 or 11 for you not too long ago, and I don't want it don't want it to be misinterpreted that I'm advocating that he jump into a relationship now, no, but the fact of the matter is that he's not 10 or 11 anymore. That's just the long and short of it. His character will establish and grow with the more situations he's put in, and the more character he has to bounce off of.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eh I think he clearly had feelings for Kathy at least in Tomasi’s Superman run. Doesn’t stop him from being bi though. I am wondering how Bendis will handle 31st century sexuality.
    I though he was a little into Kathy (who I would love to see again), but he was definitely into "older woman" Maya (who I would also love to see again) when he saw her.

But yeah, some mild crushiness is fine, but no real shipping for a couple years for Jon for me, since I want him to still be 10/11.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-08-2019 at 05:33 AM.

The kid hit puberty like five minutes ago and we're already talking love interests. I need DC or Bendis or whoever's in charge of that to not jump the gun any further than they already have. I'd say let the kid be a kid, but we couldn't even have that. So just...wait.

Have they even addressed his age up as far as his civilian persona is concerned? Isn't he legally still 10/11?

Totally unrelatable to the discussion going on, but does you guys think the lack of anything Superman related in Black Label infuriating? Yes they have Year Onde, but that was announced in 2018 on Superman 80th and is not really a projecto from the Black Label team, imo.
    Superman is the only character from the Trinity that have no projects, Wonder Woman have one book coming from DeConnick and onde from Greg Rucka, and while Diana isn't the main focus of it, her mythos is used. Plus that Wonder Woman in the future, but I not surge if is from Black Label.
    So far Black Label, when it comes to the superhero side of things is totally about Batman or his spin offs. For f#cks sake, Harley Quinn have half a dozen books coming and the Joker another half.

The real questionar to me, is if this is about DC only going for Bat related pitchs, or if that isn't any creator who wants to do a Superman Black Label comic. I find d the latter a little hard to believe, when Mark Russel keeps saying that he wants to write Superman, but maybe he don't have any stories that would warrant a Black Label treatment?
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-08-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Oh, Jon definitely had a crush on Kathy. Kid stuff, but it was definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Totally unrelatable to the discussion going on, but does you guys think the lack of anything Superman related in Black Label infuriating? Yes they have Year Onde, but that was announced in 2018 on Superman 80th and is not really a projecto from the Black Label team, imo.
    Superman is the only character from the Trinity that have no projects, Wonder Woman have one book coming from DeConnick and onde from Greg Rucka, and while Diana isn't the main focus of it, her mythos is used. Plus that Wonder Woman in the future, but I not surge if is from Black Label.
    So far Black Label, when it comes to the superhero side of things is totally about Batman or his spin offs. For f#cks sake, Harley Quinn have half a dozen books coming and the Joker another half.

The real questionar to me, is if this is about DC only going for Bat related pitchs, or if that isn't any creator who wants to do a Superman Black Label comic. I find d the latter a little hard to believe, when Mark Russel keeps saying that he wants to write Superman, but maybe he don't have any stories that would warrant a Black Label treatment?
    Might not make a difference, but the Greg Rucka Black Label Wonder Woman project was cancelled. Never made it far past the announcement.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Totally unrelatable to the discussion going on, but does you guys think the lack of anything Superman related in Black Label infuriating?
    No. But I avoid Black Label. "For mature readers" is generally a sign I won't like the title/story, no matter how objectively good it is. It's just not my flavor. And I very much don't want Superman to go that direction in flavor in general.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-08-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

I’m very annoyed certainly. Saw one creator talk about his post apocalyptic Superman pitch and he even had art to show on Twitter I think. It looked cool as hell and I don’t get why it was rejected. But then I don’t get why the Superman Family cartoon was rejected either, DC is full of morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh, Jon definitely had a crush on Kathy. Kid stuff, but it was definitely there.

Might not make a difference, but the Greg Rucka Black Label Wonder Woman project was cancelled. Never made it far past the announcement.
    Pretty sure that was cancelled so he could do Lois Lane. He might pick it back up again one day.

Eh I think he clearly had feelings for Kathy at least in Tomasi’s Superman run. Doesn’t stop him from being bi though.
    Iceman was in relationships with multiple women over decades and that didn't stop Bendis making him, to quote teen Jean Grey, "full gay".

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Iceman was in relationships with multiple women over decades and that didn't stop Bendis making him, to quote teen Jean Grey, "full gay".
    That was handled absolutely terribly and Bendis’ reasoning for why he was gay was peak stupidity (he said Iceman had been in a bunch of failed relationships so that meant he was gay, which means Peter and Miles would also be gay using his own logic). Bendis clearly just wanted to leave a major mark on the X-Men but had wasted so much time navelgazing he had to pull the reasoning for Iceman being gay out of his ass. I’m guessing there wasn’t really a backlash because who cares about Iceman? Only Angel is more boring. Of course than Marvel made it even more stupid by having Iceman get into a relationship with a gay Inhuman named “Romeo”. At that point I dropped Marvel but I’m guessing he died to cause Iceman angst. God that entire sequence was so poorly handled, and I say that as someone fine with Bobby being gay.

That was handled absolutely terribly and Bendis’ reasoning for why he was gay was peak stupidity (he said Iceman had been in a bunch of failed relationships so that meant he was gay, which means Peter and Miles would also be gay using his own logic). Bendis clearly just wanted to leave a major mark on the X-Men but had wasted so much time navelgazing he had to pull the reasoning for Iceman being gay out of his ass. I’m guessing there wasn’t really a backlash because who cares about Iceman? Only Angel is more boring. Of course than Marvel made it even more stupid by having Iceman get into a relationship with a gay Inhuman named “Romeo”. At that point I dropped Marvel but I’m guessing he died to cause Iceman angst. God that entire sequence was so poorly handled, and I say that as someone fine with Bobby being gay.
    I'm just not cool with retconning sexual orientation because 99.99% of the time, it just really doesn't make sense, as you've shown with Bobby. More representation and diversity is great - so I wish they'd create new characters. Especially ones not connected to an existing "family". I get why they don't - a new character in an existing family is easier to expose the audience and much more likely to have a built-in readership. And older characters have weight/prominence already, where it has to be built for new characters. New characters have a high potential to fail, and those not connected to existing families probably even higher and more chance of being forgotten. I like the "families" in DC, but for most would be more interested in building newer families than increasing the size of the ones already existing. Especially since they'll toss out old members for new in the non-Bat ones.

Also, major retcons like that interfere with my 'shipping, and yeah, I care about 'ships.

My point is that previous inclinations aren't a factor if Bendis is actually planning on this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    My point is that previous inclinations aren't a factor if Bendis is actually planning on this.
    I can agree with that. I'm still not even happy with Jon being grown and am not going to read it and am going to keep my headcanon version of him (at least for a little while longer).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So... Luke Fox was apparently picked by Bendis as new Batman, Teen Lantern is rumored to be Hal's replacement, Jon as new Superman... I am getting the feeling that Bendis will be the writer of the All-New/All-Different Justice League. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    No. But I avoid Black Label. "For mature readers" is generally a sign I won't like the title/story, no matter how objectively good it is. It's just not my flavor. And I very much don't want Superman to go that direction in flavor in general.
    Isn't All Star Superman black label too? It's great and not for mature readers only.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So... Luke Fox was apparently picked by Bendis as new Batman, Teen Lantern is rumored to be Hal's replacement, Jon as new Superman... I am getting the feeling that Bendis will be the writer of the All-New/All-Different Justice League. ��
    I feel like we’re about to see a repeat of Robinson’s JL run.