Page 241 of 613 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 9194

I am reading both, I just prefer Action so far.

(I maintain that Bendis is generally much better writing street-level stuff than cosmic stuff, so that might be why I feel that way..)

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That's totally fine too. I prefer Action some months while others I prefer Superman. Nothing wrong with that. Like, last issue of Superman really did it for me, but last issue of Action had a feel and intrigue that I still really dug. But ultimately I'm looking forward to a lot of stuff in both books.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was thinking about it and I think I am starting to come around to the idea of superman and lois being the public couple instead of clark and lois. It especially makes sense if Lois isn't going to be at the planet anymore and it would explain whatever is going on with Jon in space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was thinking about it and I think I am starting to come around to the idea of superman and lois being the public couple instead of clark and lois. It especially makes sense if Lois isn't going to be at the planet anymore and it would explain whatever is going on with Jon in space.
    Lois will eventually return to the Planet though, as revealed in Doomsday Clock.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Lois will eventually return to the Planet though, as revealed in Doomsday Clock.
    At this point a wouldn't be surprised if they pull a fast one and just say that Doomsday Clock actually happend before the current AC and SM arcs, they did the same with Darkseid War and Truth before. If not i at least expect some contradictions, the "future events says thing" is never a good indicator

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    At this point a wouldn't be surprised if they pull a fast one and just say that Doomsday Clock actually happend before the current AC and SM arcs, they did the same with Darkseid War and Truth before. If not i at least expect some contradictions, the "future events says thing" is never a good indicator
    Except Superman's wearing the costume he got in these stories in that.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Except Superman's wearing the costume he got in these stories in that.
    And it seems like Bendis and Johns have talked about where the character is heding together based on his tweets in the past. So I imagine they won't be stepping on each others plans. Plus, I believe they have the same editor on Doomsday Clock and the Bendis Super books.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    And it seems like Bendis and Johns have talked about where the character is heding together based on his tweets in the past. So I imagine they won't be stepping on each others plans. Plus, I believe they have the same editor on Doomsday Clock and the Bendis Super books.
    Yeah, Brian Cunningham.
    Buh-bye

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nice! I really hope it's too your liking. 1004 is billed as a pivotal issue, and it's out this week.
    I've re-added Action back to my pull-list, as I said I would.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Action Comics #1004 Preview

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...ught-on-camera

Well Bendis has officially gone for the angle I feared he would but couldn't confirm until now. Lois and Lex's meeting at the end of Action #1003 was caught on camera and the story will be run in The Planet with Trish Q looking to exploit the obvious gossip mongering that it looks like Lois is having an affair with Lex. And my reaction when I saw it was

iknewit.jpg

I knew Bendis was going to play out this tired cliche that's already been done several times before in the Post Crisis era of Clark and Lois' marriage. Not only is it unoriginal, it's downright frustrating to see my fears about Bendis being confirmed time and time again. Fake drama and manufactured tension are some of Bendis' worst storytelling traits and they appear to be on full form here. I expect to see the usual comments saying "you're jumping to conclusions" or "Bendis has been doing great on Superman" or "more Bendis complaints" but there's a reason why these complaints keep coming up about Bendis' writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nice! I really hope it's too your liking. 1004 is billed as a pivotal issue, and it's out this week.

Also, some Young Justice news: "the entire roster of young justice has NOT been announced. part of the fun of the book will be who shows up, when, and how. its different than any other team book."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...51688094715904

If I remember correctly Bendis said that the base team would be frequently texting young heroes to see what they're doing and if they're down to say the world real quick. Seems in comic hero availability will be a thing.
    I hope Tanya Spears PG shows up, Priest did a great job with her and now I really like her.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Of course the big news is that Lex as president is still confirmed officially canon.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I expect to see the usual comments saying "you're jumping to conclusions" or "Bendis has been doing great on Superman" or "more Bendis complaints" but there's a reason why these complaints keep coming up about Bendis' writing.
    Less "you're jumping to conclusions" and more "we know the two of them will be fine, as shown in another preview for the SAME ISSUE, so who cares?"

Less "you're jumping to conclusions" and more "we know the two of them will be fine, so who cares?"
    It's still been done before though. Lois' mother assumed Lois was having an affair with Superman because she saw the two together plus the time Superman's wedding band got caught in a photo Jimmy took whilst he shook hands with Mongul.

Less "you're jumping to conclusions" and more "we know the two of them will be fine, as shown in another preview for the SAME ISSUE, so who cares?"
    Yep. The set-up is clearly leaning in a direction of a new spin on the Lois/Clark/Superman triangle. This little Lex thing will, at most, will be an unrelated foreshadowing to the changing of the public dynamic between Lois and Clark.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El