Page 433 of 613 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

People were asking him when they would interact because they feared he'd forgotten about their friendship and he promised he had something in the works for a reunion. One image isn't shoving anything down anyone's throat but him doing what he said he would right at the start of his run. He's said the same about Jon and Conner so we should be expecting an issue with these two as well whether in YJ or Superman.

It seems Bendis is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Honestly, they shouldn't commit to this 17 years old thing. Jon's age should be left up in the air. Tell people that jon doesn't know his age because he doesn't how many years he spent in the volcano.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-21-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Honestly, they shouldn't commit to this 17 years old thing. Jon's age should be left up in the year. Tell people the jon doesn't his age because he doesn't how many years he spent in the volcano.
    This is partly what I preferred. How could Jon tell the passage of time in that volcano? Bendis should have left it vague or at best, keep the number of years short enough so Jon would still be on the right side of fifteen. It wouldn't preclude him from joining the LoSH, if that was his ultimate plan from the beginning.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If I had to guess? I'd say that's just present day Metropolis.

Bendis has had Reis consistently draw Metropolis as visually distinctive in it's architecture.
    I don't know. It looks pretty futuristic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It seems Bendis is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    Jon is still 17. As long as that's the case then Bendis hasn't fixed the main thing people are complaining about with his treatment of Jon. That's still seven years of growing up on Earth I want to see. So Bendis can try to placate fans as much as he wants, but until Jon is a kid again, I'm most likely going to be frustrated what he has done.

Furthermore, even if the Super Sons get back together, Bendis's run still resulted in the awesome original Super Sons run being cancelled. That's something we won't get back.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Furthermore, even if the Super Sons get back together, Bendis's run still resulted in the awesome original Super Sons run being cancelled. That's something we won't get back.
    Considering that Super Sons was far from a masterpiece, I really don't get why so many peoples are hating on Bendis when he at least improved Jon from a character who was propped by only through the ridiculing of an older character (Damian) to one having proven that he'll be able to endure anything and remain true to his values and able to stand on his own.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering that Super Sons was far from a masterpiece, I really don't get why so many peoples are hating on Bendis when he at least improved Jon from a character who was propped by only through the ridiculing of an older character (Damian) to one having proven that he'll be able to endure anything and remain true to his values and able to stand on his own.
    Well, clearly if you didn't enjoy Super Sons or Jon as a kid, you wouldn't get it. I mean, that kind of goes without saying. While you might think Bendis improved Jon, tons of people don't and Super Sons was a series beloved by many.

And Damian being ridiculed wasn't what made Jon great and Damian more than held his own in that series. It was Jon's relatability and strong character that won him his fans. Long before Bendis, Jon was more than able to prove that he could endure and remain true to his values.
    Currently Reading:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Jon is barely there since his return. He barely shows any panel presence. His backstory is not fleshed out and is heavily rushed. So, how is he better? He is far less energetic, less emotive and less cute. I know this all subjective. But, you were using your subjective opinion as facts.standing on his own.don't make me laugh. Since, when is joining legion standing on his own.
    If you are a Damian fan don't talk about propping up and ridiculing characters. that is what his character's shtick has been since inception.
    Having said that, the hate bendis is getting on this particular occasion is unfair. He seems enthusiastic and was sharing something he believes in. Come on guys. I get it. I really do,we feel robbed and this doesn't feel the same. But, give the guy a break.sooner or later we will get our jon back,if he sticks around long enough. I believe he will. I am optimistic.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I don't know. It looks pretty futuristic to me.
    Honestly, I find myself going back and forth on it now that you and Korath have mentioned it.

I looked back at Reis' Metropolis and its distinctive architecture, and I can see some similarities, yeah.

That said, some of the of it looks like nothing else found in his shots of the city so far. Also, the use of the small antenna on the tops of the buildings, windows, and the shapes of the buildings do denote a futuristic vibe that goes beyond the feeling of opulence Metroplolis had in previous issues.

So, yeah, maybe the Legion lets Jon take his best friend on a tour of the future using his teleporter suit as their big reunion before Jon joins the team. It'd be a good way to show both the reader and Clark that Jon can travel back and forth with relative ease, AND anyone can come visit him with relative ease (given the fact that Damian doesn't seem to be leaving the Titans or needing to have a talk with his father about going to the future forever).

Kind of a nice way to say that he's still got one foot firmly planted in the past.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Having said that, the hate bendis is getting on this particular occasion is unfair. He seems enthusiastic and was sharing something he believes in. Come on guys. I get it. I really do,we feel robbed and this doesn't feel the same. But, give the guy a break.sooner or later we will get our jon back,if he sticks around long enough. I believe he will. I am optimistic.
    It's not hate, just frustration. Jon's still 17, so I don't see how frustration about Jon being 17 is unfair. I really haven't seen any reason to believe Bendis is going to reverse course on this. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think the best we can hope for is that the next guy undoes the age-up.

Honestly, I find myself going back and forth on it now that you and Korath have mentioned it.

I looked back at Reis' Metropolis and its distinctive architecture, and I can see some similarities, yeah.

That said, some of the of it looks like nothing else found in his shots of the city so far. Also, the use of the small antenna on the tops of the buildings, windows, and the shapes of the buildings do denote a futuristic vibe that goes beyond the feeling of opulence Metroplolis had in previous issues.

So, yeah, maybe the Legion lets Jon take his best friend on a tour of the future using his teleporter suit as their big reunion before Jon joins the team. It'd be a good way to show both the reader and Clark that Jon can travel back and forth with relative ease, AND anyone can come visit him with relative ease (given the fact that Damian doesn't seem to be leaving the Titans or needing to have a talk with his father about going to the future forever).

Kind of a nice way to say that he's still got one foot firmly planted in the past.
    I hope the suit doesn't have time travel capabilities. It's already frustratingly powerful.
    Currently Reading:

I hope the suit doesn't have time travel capabilities. It's already frustratingly powerful.
    I'm quite curious about the suit and what it'll let Jon do, myself. And I think it's current capabilities are actually well warranted given the story so far. Jor-El lost Jon, so he builds him a suit that allows that to be far less likely. I like that it's not coming from nowhere.

It's totally possible that by similar logic Briany or whoever, at the request of Clark, upgrades Jon's suit to have personalized time travel.

And I'll be honest with you, I've very much naturally in favor of character's of Jon's archetype and disposition having some aspect of them that's ludicrously powerful and wish fulfillment-y, and I've kind of been living in quite fear of that going away with the age up, so to give him this kind of makes me really happy personally.

That's said, I'm all for regulating it in some way. Making the tech slightly unreliable and something he has to work at like his powers used to be would be nice. Sort of like Ben 10 and the omnitrix, if you're familiar.

But regardless, I'm glad the door seems to be open to allow Damian to pop up in the Legion book from time to time. Bendis is no stranger to a cameo in his DC books. He's had Batman casually show up and leave pretty often.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

I'm quite curious about the suit and what it'll let Jon do, myself. And I think it's current capabilities are actually well warranted given the story so far. Jor-El lost Jon, so he builds him a suit that allows that to be far less likely. I like that it's not coming from nowhere.

It's totally possible that by similar logic Briany or whoever, at the request of Clark, upgrades Jon's suit to have personalized time travel.

And I'll be honest with you, I've very much naturally in favor of character's of Jon's archetype and disposition having some aspect of them that's ludicrously powerful and wish fulfillment-y, and I've kind of been living in quite fear of that going away with the age up, so to give him this kind of makes me really happy personally.

That's said, I'm all for regulating it in some way. Making the tech slightly unreliable and something he has to work at like his powers used to be would be nice. Sort of like Ben 10 and the omnitrix, if you're familiar.

But regardless, I'm glad the door seems to be open to allow Damian to pop up in the Legion book from time to time. Bendis is no stranger to a cameo in his DC books. He's had Batman casually show up and leave pretty often.
    Jon's already got plenty of power to fulfill any need for wish fulfillment. A suit that takes you anywhere in the Universe is just too much. And there's no reason for it other than a plot shortcut.
    Currently Reading:

Jon's already got plenty of power to fulfill any need for wish fulfillment. A suit that takes you anywhere in the Universe is just too much. And there's no reason for it other than a plot shortcut.
    Well, you see, my concern was that with the age up he'd have about as much wish fulfillment and wonder as say Kara and Clark. That's not to say that they have non or anything like that, but rather that it's more normalized. Early on (before the back half of Superman and Super Sons sort of just had him as a smaller kryptonian) the "x-factor" of what he'd be able to do one day, and getting flashes of powers here and there that we weren't even sure of was always fun to me, and gave off a sense of discovery and wonder.

This, for me, evokes a lot of those emotions--doubly so if the suit has other surprises that intermingle with what's unique about him as a half kryptonian, or if he's not the best at using it. The ability to, with almost sprite-like abandon, jump anywhere in the galaxy (and it's galaxy, for the sake of clarity. Not universe) has a nice Franklin Richards-y vibe to it that I think really works for Jon. That sort of power plays to a feeling of youthful exuberance and possibility.

I'm also sure that the suit, its powers, and whatever additional attributes that are afforded to Jon as a half kryptonian are there to make him distinct among not just his family but Legion members like Ultra Boy and Mon-El.

Anyways question has anyone figured out where that fucking scar came from? I'm still lost and if that's not gonna be addressed can it just go because I am sick of seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Anyways question has anyone figured out where that fucking scar came from? I'm still lost and if that's not gonna be addressed can it just go because I am sick of seeing it.
    Nope it’s never explained. He never mentions it, his parents and cousin never question it. But it’s still there for literally no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Nope it’s never explained. He never mentions it, his parents and cousin never question it. But it’s still there for literally no reason.
    Well if that's the case then yeah that **** needs to go! It fucking bugs me and if it was just there to make people aware he's still "half human" can he at least tell us where the **** it came from? Cause when he touched down on earth it wasn't there did he fly into a fucking building from the that time to the time he had to meet up with Clark? It's just an eyesore to me I hate facial scars on anyone who's not Zuko!