Page 376 of 613 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There is still more to the story, Lois isn't going to live in the hotel forever. She's just there because she was working on a huge story and couldn't be distracted right now.
    Lois is back at the Planet, so that's one storytelling aspect of Bendis' early run done away with, not sure how long the hotel thing will keep going though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Lois is back at the Planet, so that's one storytelling aspect of Bendis' early run done away with, not sure how long the hotel thing will keep going though.
    I would assume she's back home with Clark. The only reason she was at the hotel was to write a book. Since she's not writing the book, now back at Daily Planet, it's safe to say she's living back in Metropolis.

Yeah I was surprised to see Lois return to work. Did I miss something where she said she was done writing her book, or was that handled completely off panel?

I very much doubt that plot thread has been dropped, I was just surprised to see Bendis move Lois onto the next phase with so little fanfare. I mean, was there even a panel where Lois said "Okay! Book's done! Time to send it to the publisher and go home!"?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

One things that's been raised with Bendis is the fact that he's ended his arcs on an anti-climatic note with a few loose threads while jumping head first into the midst of another. Zod/Zaar for Jon/Jor. Lois' writing her book in secret well out of town for Leviathan Rising. I don't think she'd done writing, more like something more pressing has her attention, Sam's disappearance (not death) will certain become priority.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah I was surprised to see Lois return to work. Did I miss something where she said she was done writing her book, or was that handled completely off panel?

I very much doubt that plot thread has been dropped, I was just surprised to see Bendis move Lois onto the next phase with so little fanfare. I mean, was there even a panel where Lois said "Okay! Book's done! Time to send it to the publisher and go home!"?
    She's actually not done her book, and I'm pretty confident she's not back at the Planet.

Perry set his pride and hurt feeling aside and he called Lois in because Jimmy was basically hysterical and unwilling to talk to anyone about it.

It's a pretty nice character moment for Lois, Clark, Jimmy, and even Perry when you think about it.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-05-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I don't think Lois is actually back as in back to work at the Planet. She says Perry called her back to come help with Jimmy specifically and she calls it her "old desk." Of course, she also tells Clark they were going to share a byline, so I think at best its intentionally ambiguous.

So while I was never convinced she was actually "fired" or that Perry wouldn't take her back in a heartbeat, I don't think that particular plot is resolved yet either. I expect it's being left for Rucka and her book, Jon's return, and the way the family will deal with that is all part of the Year 2 status quo Bendis has teased.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The book and it's publisher are probably going to be treated as a big reveal, so I'm wondering who is in on that deal. Maybe Lex considering we saw him at her apartment in Action #1003?

That would certainly drive tension between them and lend some credence to the Doomsday Sayers regarding the marriage being in turmoil.

Hey, so, anyone remember how Bendis said that The Question wasn't getting his own book, but we'd be "seeing him around" a lot?

Spotted: Batman issue # 66

Granted, this is a dream, but it lines up really well with what Bendis said. I wonder if we're seeing shades of the almost shamanic Question from the mid 2000s? If Question is suppose to mirror Lois in a way, then I feel like the odds of Lois' solo having her out and about in the greater DCU similar to him are pretty good. In any case, he'll be back in Action Comics soon, so we'll get a few more clues.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Vic creeping into Lois or Clark's dreams to interrogate them would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The book and it's publisher are probably going to be treated as a big reveal, so I'm wondering who is in on that deal. Maybe Lex considering we saw him at her apartment in Action #1003?

That would certainly drive tension between them and lend some credence to the Doomsday Sayers regarding the marriage being in turmoil.
    Superlad 93 and I worked out a big theory on her book a while back (I think it's on like pages 317-319 in this thread) and while some of it has been somewhat disproven, I think a lot of it still stands up. Namely, her book is going to be working in conjunction or parallel to the main Unity Saga and kinda act as a call to action for Superman, on Earth as opposed to the United Planets. Lex's involvement I think is limited to really what she had said to Superman in Action 1004, that he had heard about her book and was concerned about the contents - namely something that is calling for Superman to be a greater force for change and good in the world.

I don't think there is any significant turmoil planned for the marriage in the sense that they are actually at odds or become estranged. I think there will be some tension because we've seen how Clark kinda closes up or shuts down calls for him to take such an active roll. And this is Lois calling him out to be a better version of himself and moving him out of the comfort of his "normal" existence. Her desire for more autonomy and more of an active role plays into that.

Kon93

Is anyone else bothered by bendis making his characters sound the same?

NOPE

In the case of heartfelt reunions that use two characters that are deliberately being set up with parallels?

Nope

Lol you set me up for that one

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post

Is anyone else bothered by bendis making his characters sound the same?

NOPE
    If I go mad at something like that, I would end up hating pretty much any writer, king and syder do the same things.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If I go mad at something like that, I would end up hating pretty much any writer, king and syder do the same things.
    This. There's definitely some common traits you'll find among contemporary comic writers when it comes to writing dialogue. More than likely they had the same influences early on and it's impacted their work in similar ways.

Yoda, I was so very, very, very wrong in my tinfoil hat theory. Bendis is crazy, but maybe not that crazy lmao

This leaves us with the other character to think about. I genuinely don't know what to think anymore lol

Edit: I take it all back! Never admit defeat! I think we're looking at a callback to a very famous Superman story, but with a twist.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-06-2019 at 08:59 AM.