Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Really? I see Bendis write him as a fall guy who has poor taste in girlfriends and is such a nervous wreck he has to crash in Lois and Clark's apartment and can't hold his nerve against Perry's ire.
    "Fall guy"? Anyways, he's a nervous wreck because it's been well established that he's been working solo on his story for weeks with little to no sleep. He's now just discovered an underground Kobra cell aka a cult-like terrorist group, and one of its members was a woman who seemed to show no signs of unsuitability, thus, mixed with his general lack of sleep from chase a story, he's suspicious of people around him.

And he's crashing at Lois and Clark's apartment because those are the only two people he trust without much question. Unlike the vast majority of writers, Bendis seemed to remember that Lois, Clark, and Jimmy are the best of friends, so when the Kents give Jimmy a warm and safe place to get some much needed rest, it should be looked at as a return to form, and a illustration of how much these people trust and care for one another.

This is a Jimmy Olsen that's finally looking recognizable and important in his own right again. You're welcome to your opinion of course, but I don't think it's indicative of what's being presented and said.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-04-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.