Page 235 of 613 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Looking forward to a new chapter in the mystery. Imagining where it could go my head conjured up a situation where Lois and co. meet Lobo in space, he helps them out of a jam, then back on Earth in the present day we get some reveal that Lobo actually came back with her and has been skulking in the shadows acting as a bodyguard of sorts. Give some big splash of him smacking down Zaar protecting her from a surprise attack that Superman didn't catch onto in time. We need more Main Man and Superman as allies, I love that unlikely partnership.
    I'm pretty sure Lobo would actually take a liking to Jon, but remains to gruff to admit it. He did it with the second Atom in JLA by Orlando, then Beast Boy in No Justice. Him protecting Jon's mother so the kid could grow into his own man knowing she's safe would be up his alley.

Also, that's the Entreprise. A beefed up version, but the Enterprise nonetheless. To boldly go where no man as gone before...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Also, that's the Entreprise. A beefed up version, but the Enterprise nonetheless. To boldly go where no man as gone before...
    I thought so

BANNED

Great to see us get a glimpse of what fuels Lois' motivations in AC in the Superman title. The connectivity between the titles is really starting to show...and to think by that point we've only got a few months left in Bendis' Unity Saga, where does the time go?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-11-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo.....coming up in Superman issue 7.....GET. FREAKIN. HYPE!!!!!!

Jor, Lois, and Jon space getting fleshed out. My most anticipated part of this run. Brandon Peterson on art for "special sequences." Also this is after the issue 6 return of Jon.

Also apparently Lob is coming.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...13058398760960

This may be the best Brandon Peterson has looked in a while. Can't wait to see it colored.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

wonder if the next superman arc is entirely a flashback about what jon & lois were up to or just issue 7..

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd be into Bendis either doing a whole arc inside the unity saga we're in, or him sort of sprinkling in these flashback over the length of the next few issues once Jon returns. Bendis called them "special sequences."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

What ever theory suggested Lois never left with Jon and Jor-El to work instead on some secret assignment (with the [un]intended implication that she cares more about her work than her family), I certainly am glad this sneak peek has debunked it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd be into Bendis either doing a whole arc inside the unity saga we're in, or him sort of sprinkling in these flashback over the length of the next few issues once Jon returns. Bendis called them "special sequences."
    Oh, like how he handled the man of steel mini? That could be a cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    What ever theory suggested Lois never left with Jon and Jor-El to work instead on some secret assignment (with the [un]intended implication that she cares more about her work than her family), I certainly am glad this sneak peek has debunked it.

That theory never made sense anyways, Lois literally left because she didn't trust Jon alone with Jor-El.

I know its not necessarily indicative of anything just by association, but with Lobo showing up, what do you guys think of the chances Rogol Zaar is a Czarnian? Either way I hope Lobo's role is more than just cameo-like, that his role is enough that we'll be able to consider him a member this United team.

Of course always the strong chance I'm just getting my hopes up for little and it is just a small appearance.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh, like how he handled the man of steel mini? That could be a cool idea.
    That's the vibe I'm getting from Bendis' tweet. If you ever get a chance you should check out Bendis' 10 issue Defenders run just before he left for DC. It utilizes multiple artist for specific moments, sequences, and flashbacks, and nothing ever feels out of place. I'm really hoping Bendis builds to that level eventually with Superman and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know its not necessarily indicative of anything just by association, but with Lobo showing up, what do you guys think of the chances Rogol Zaar is a Czarnian?
    I'm not ruling out a connection, but over in Supergirl and in MOS they've flat out said that they haven't been able to place what sort of creature he is, and that's with using the GL data base. That mystery seems to be unfolding over in Supergirl though if you wanna check it out.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I see I see. Thanks for the heads up!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...02788114161665

Bendis: "ZOD is on next month's cover. Zod is front and center. Kandor changed EVERYTHING."

So this got me pretty hype, honestly. Bendis seems to be implying that Zod will learn about Kandor's fate, and it may mark a pretty drastic shift in his character. Could we be seeing the forming of an alliance between the El family and the Zod family (and given issue 4 of Superman, Jax-Ur) on the back of pure Kryptonian solidarity?

This is the Unity Saga, after all. Could this be a permanent thing? Could Bendis be dipping into the "Doctor Doom as part of the family" well that both he and Hickman went to? I'm now wondering if Zod will pledge his New Krypton to the burgeoning United Planets. That would add in a new political angle to Zod for the foreseeable future that would really go along way to freshen him up.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...02788114161665

Bendis: "ZOD is on next month's cover. Zod is front and center. Kandor changed EVERYTHING."

So this got me pretty hype, honestly. Bendis seems to be implying that Zod will learn about Kandor's fate, and it may mark a pretty drastic shift in his character. Could we be seeing the forming of an alliance between the El family and the Zod family (and given issue 4 of Superman, Jax-Ur) on the back of pure Kryptonian solidarity?

This is the Unity Saga, after all. Could this be a permanent thing? Could Bendis be dipping into the "Doctor Doom as part of the family" well that both he and Hickman went to? I'm now wondering if Zod will pledge his New Krypton to the burgeoning United Planets. That would add in a new political angle to Zod for the foreseeable future that would really go along way to freshen him up.
    I would love to see something like this, especially if they still have it set that Zod and Jor-El were once close on Krypton. Some of the best parts of World of New Krypton were when Kal & Zod were working together and beginning to form a work relationship, even if they personally still didn't trust each other. Bringing Zod into the family for a while could make for some good storytelling.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I imagine it will fall apart eventually, but eventually in comics is a relative term. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bendis plans, for the foreseeable future, to make Zod and family a little less straight-up antagonistic. At least, I wouldn't mind seeing him become a little like Magneto, a character who does have a code of honor that will put him on the side of angels sometimes instead of just downright evil.

If it all leads to Eradicator turning back hero as well, another bonus. I still don't like that Jurgens turned him back into a villain.