Page 264 of 613 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 9194

Action looks great. Steve Epting on art is a real treat, and I have been dying for someone to tel a story focused on all the spy organizations at DC. The fact that Lois and Jimmy are a part of that as well makes me super excited. Superman I’m more concerned about, but we’ll see how Bendis handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Action looks great. Steve Epting on art is a real treat, and I have been dying for someone to tel a story focused on all the spy organizations at DC. The fact that Lois and Jimmy are a part of that as well makes me super excited. Superman I’m more concerned about, but we’ll see how Bendis handles it.
    I think all the solicits sound pretty good.

I'm not sold on this whole thing with Jon. But until it actually happens I'm keeping an open mind. I don't even know what *is* happening with Jon yet, yknow? And Bendis has done right by me so far, so I'm willing to see where this goes. For all I know, I'll enjoy it more than anything Jon has done yet.

Super Sons looks promising, as always. So even if Bendis ends up disappointing, I at least still have this issue for "original version" Jon.

Young Justice barely mentioned Conner but who cares? He's back and I'm still just riding that high right now.

My only real sticking point is that Nightwing doesn't appear to be involved in this spy story, and there's every possible reason for him to be. Grayson dealt with Leviathan and Spyral and has tons of experience dealing with other spy networks and secret societies, he's (supposed to be) tight with Clark, he's a skilled detective. Nightwing should, by rights, be here for this. And I have very little faith that he'll be used at all. I don't know what Bendis' opinions on Nightwing are, but DC seems intent on driving Nightwing into the dirt and probably wouldn't allow him to be in a story that looked even halfway good. However, the cover with Jimmy is almost enough to make up for this massive oversight; that image is classic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah “Ric” is too busy being dog crap at the moment unfortunately. Maybe he’ll show up later? I do love me a Supes-Nightwing team up, and he’s perfect for a spy event.

All sounds good to me. The Leviathan thing taking hold on Action finally is something we've been waiting for here, look forward to that getting started. Normally I'm more a fan of Superman in sci-fi/fantasy settings but I'm never opposed to titles splitting the difference, Action has been really good so far with a more ground-level approach so I have hope this will also be good.

Superman...the big point of emphasis here is Jon, but not being a Jon fan I'm coming into this one wary. Not because I'm mad about changing him, just because I don't want him eating up panel time again on the reg. I've said it plenty of times in the lead up but I hope Bendis strikes a better balance, and that his return doesn't bring the bigger Unity Saga concepts to a halt.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I know DC's really been going hard for years with the "all Kryptonians except Superman and Supergirl are actually douchebags" trope, but don't drag Jor-El into that hell.
    Dude reformed the prison system so as to send convicts to Space Hell and palled around with General Zod, he's the *original* dickhead Kryptonian.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think all the solicits sound pretty good.

I'm not sold on this whole thing with Jon. But until it actually happens I'm keeping an open mind. I don't even know what *is* happening with Jon yet, yknow? And Bendis has done right by me so far, so I'm willing to see where this goes. For all I know, I'll enjoy it more than anything Jon has done yet.

Super Sons looks promising, as always. So even if Bendis ends up disappointing, I at least still have this issue for "original version" Jon.

Young Justice barely mentioned Conner but who cares? He's back and I'm still just riding that high right now.

My only real sticking point is that Nightwing doesn't appear to be involved in this spy story, and there's every possible reason for him to be. Grayson dealt with Leviathan and Spyral and has tons of experience dealing with other spy networks and secret societies, he's (supposed to be) tight with Clark, he's a skilled detective. Nightwing should, by rights, be here for this. And I have very little faith that he'll be used at all. I don't know what Bendis' opinions on Nightwing are, but DC seems intent on driving Nightwing into the dirt and probably wouldn't allow him to be in a story that looked even halfway good. However, the cover with Jimmy is almost enough to make up for this massive oversight; that image is classic.
    dick has been shot in the head and lost his memory so it's doubtful that he is going to recover soon enough to join the action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Superman...the big point of emphasis here is Jon, but not being a Jon fan I'm coming into this one wary. Not because I'm mad about changing him, just because I don't want him eating up panel time again on the reg. I've said it plenty of times in the lead up but I hope Bendis strikes a better balance, and that his return doesn't bring the bigger Unity Saga concepts to a halt.
    I don't think you'll have to worry about that, the concept of the war sounds intriguing and aligning it with Jon's growing pains likely means equal focus on elements that will feed into the Unity concepts and Clark's role in bringing them to a point of fruition.

I'm just worried now about how this makes Lois look...did she know about the war? Is this why she's willing to distance herself from Clark back home? A lot of what she said in AC#1004 about her not feeling needed by Clark or her son makes a lot more sense in this context...it sounds like guilt, a mother's remorse, but she's putting on a "Joe Cool" front about it, and her book could be a step-by-step instruction on what Clark ought to not do and how to better prepare himself for the kind of battles that can change a person the way it changed her son.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-20-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm just worried now about how this makes Lois look...did she know about the war? Is this why she's willing to distance herself from Clark back home? A lot of what she said in AC#1004 about her not feeling needed by Clark or her son makes a lot more sense in this context...it sounds like guilt, a mother's remorse, but she's putting on a "Joe Cool" front about it, and her book could be a step-by-step instruction on what Clark ought to not do and how to better prepare himself for the kind of battles that can change a person the way it changed her son.
    There’s still the matter of these massive secrets of the DCU that she learned as well that are supposedly “altering her behavior” in some fashion. This could be part of it. And there likely will be some guilt, from both of them, Although her being back may end up being the only reason Jon is able to get back in touch with Clark presumably and with the handle Bendis seems to have on Clark’s personality I don’t see Clark blaming Lois for anything.

And I agree about the book and this does seem to give what we have seen of it a little more context, instead of being a tell all, it may actually be critical of the relatively passive or reactionary approach he takes on Earth.

it's amazing how Bendis destroyed the superman family
    For some time now I had been suspecting that Jon Kent was going to be removed and now with the request of superman # 8 I think this is the beginning of the end for the
    as well as again that clark and lois are again separated as in the new 52
    I suppose this shows that the only characters in the superfamily who have managed to stay over the course of the decades are Supergirl (Kara), Superboy (Conner), Krypto and Jimmy Olsen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    ias well as again that clark and lois are again separated as in the new 52
    They'rev not separated and it's nothing like the New 52. Clark still visits her hotel, they have a fully active sex life, and by Doomsday Clock Lois is back with him.

They'rev not separated and it's nothing like the New 52. Clark still visits her hotel, they have a fully active sex life, and by Doomsday Clock Lois is back with him.
    As much as I had issues with Action 1004, they aren’t even on a “break.” Clark goes and visits Lois at the end of the issue and it’s no big deal at all to her that he does. She’s happy to see him and he takes her flying. I think in a lot of ways the new status quo may highlight the fact that they can see and be with each other from literally anywhere on the planet. Lois doesn’t need to be tied to Metropolis to be with Clark.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Dude reformed the prison system so as to send convicts to Space Hell and palled around with General Zod, he's the *original* dickhead Kryptonian.
    I don't mind doing something new with him but that's like the opposite of the point of the character.

Clark still visits her hotel, they have a fully active sex life
    lol, oh boy.

Every month seems to have me waffle on Action or Superman. Which is good that they're competitive at least. This solicit really makes Action sound like the winner. idk wyd jono

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    dick has been shot in the head and lost his memory so it's doubtful that he is going to recover soon enough to join the action.
    I know. And it's a shame that DC is treating the character like this. I dont feel like this is being done with an eye towards building Nightwing up better than ever, in the same way that stories like Knightfall ultimately played out. I feel like this is just because DC has no clue what to do with Dick or anyone in his generation. And the timing really sucks; this is pulling Dick out of Heroes in Crisis where two of his close friends have died, and now Leviathan, where Dick's time with Spyral makes him a character who should be involved in the plot. "Ric" Grayson doesn't seem to be about making Nightwing a better character, it seems to be about trying to make Nightwing fans hope for a mercy killing.

And Clark's "family is destroyed?" Come on. Lois is working away from home. How many times has Clark taken off, for days and months at a time, because of "work?" We accept that without question and expect Lois to wait dutifully for his return. But now that Lois is doing something important that's keeping her out of Metropolis it's not okay? Obviously she's in something deep or she wouldn't be acting the way she is, but there is nothing wrong with her, Clark, or their marriage. And the last issue went out of its way to show us that they're okay.

And we don't know what is going on with Jon yet, but the fact that he returns home with "Grandpa is crazy" makes me feel like we're not going to see him go off the deep end. Well, he's hitting puberty maybe, and that's a certain kind of insane, but also normal. I figure the worst case scenario is Jon ends up co-starring with the Legion and spending his weekends in the future, just like his dad did. And if that means that Jon isn't a major feature in Clark's books....well, they're not Jon's books, are they? And just like Kid Flash and Robin and Aqualad don't *have* to be in their mentors' books, neither does Jon *have* to be a great big part of Clark's.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-20-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

And Clark's "family is destroyed?" Come on. Lois is working away from home. How many times has Clark taken off, for days and months at a time, because of "work?" We accept that without question and expect Lois to wait dutifully for his return. But now that Lois is doing something important that's keeping her out of Metropolis it's not okay? Obviously she's in something deep or she wouldn't be acting the way she is, but there is nothing wrong with her, Clark, or their marriage. And the last issue went out of its way to show us that they're okay.
    The problem isn't that Lois does not have to do with her working away. I do not even understand why you think this is a double moral problem.

If Lois had gone to work away from her family in Tomasi's run, I do not think the fans would have had problems about it (except for the fact that she appears less in Superman comics).

Also, I'm pretty sure that if Clark said he needs some time for himself and get away from Lois because that's what he needs to be able to write (while he left Jon alone with Jor-El), fans would also have problems with his behavior.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-20-2018 at 08:32 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

And we don't know what is going on with Jon yet, but the fact that he returns home with "Grandpa is crazy" makes me feel like we're not going to see him go off the deep end. Well, he's hitting puberty maybe, and that's a certain kind of insane, but also normal. I figure the worst case scenario is Jon ends up co-starring with the Legion and spending his weekends in the future, just like his dad did. And if that means that Jon isn't a major feature in Clark's books....well, they're not Jon's books, are they? And just like Kid Flash and Robin and Aqualad don't *have* to be in their mentors' books,neither does Jon *have* to be a great big part of Clark's.
    I believe when people say,"family is destroyed?" they mean that,the wholesome adventure's of the superfamily is missing.The family hasn't had much screen time.They are largely benched till now.I understand it is superman book so that is not an issue,atleast not for me.But,charaterization of both Lois and Jon has not been great(my opinion).Last time Lois did anything significant was,when they were on apokolypse.Lois has not done anything "Cool" or "Badass".Ofcourse,that is going to change with coming arc with,atleast for Lois.Tomasi,Jurgen seemed to pull off Angsty,temper tantrum throwing Jon in away that seemed endearing,Kawaii even.So, sample size for Bendis's "Lois and Jon" is relatively small and writing itself is not spectacular enough for them.This along with the marketing of Superman #7 and #8 causes the apprehension.

Bendis said he had "a blast" writing Jon and I assumed it was the "old Jon".Clearly,he did not.Bendis has made many promises regarding Lois,Hope he delivers.As of right now,Action comics till #1003 is way better than Superman.Bendis's daily-planet is great.So,i am looking forward to that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-20-2018 at 08:58 AM.