Page 321 of 613 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 9194
    BANNED

The tease for Year Two

Yeah, we got Jor-El, we got Rogol Zaar, we have the conspiracy around Krypton. This is all wrapped around that as well, so all of these plots that have been started since the very first pages of Man of Steel #1 are all going to be trickling together towards the big finale of “Unity Saga,” which is not the end of my Superman run, but it's the end of my first very, very large story. That will then set a table for Superman and Lois and Jon that's another status quo change that's going to really define what they do going forward. We're right at the beginning of the next big Superman status quo change.

That'll be Lois' book and the marriage/relationship shift.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That'll be Lois' book and the marriage/relationship shift.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't get the Superboy Prime theory. I mean, I get where its born from, people don't want him aged and are grasping at straws to find ways to make it so that this isn't really Jon. I get that. But this theory in particular makes no sense. I mean, imagine this scenario, whether you're really a dad or not. You have a son and raise him for ten years. You know every minute detail about his appearance. And of course while he'll certainly share some physical traits with to to some degree, there certainly isn't and never has been such a thing as a son looking identical to his dad. Now, son goes away on a camping trip. A boy some years older inexplicably returns claiming to be your son. And he looks just like you. What more, he's your exact duplicate of when you were a kid. You're really going to buy an explanation that he is your son? He'll look nothing like your son, regardless what age he is. This is essentially what this theory would have Superman as buying.

People who don't want this to really be Jon would be much better off hanging their hat on an alternate Jon theory, not an alternate teenage Clark theory. In any case, sorry for being so serious, I'm actually not trying to be, its actually that the above scenario makes me laugh so I couldn't help but imagine facepalming at Clark being so dumb as to see an alternate version of himself and buying some story that he's his son.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So bendis called jon "superman". Not "superboy" in a latest interview. Do guys you think it is a slip of tongue?or is it going to stick

Astonishing Member

Jon's a superman, his father IS Superman.

I dont' know. But the idea of the status quo change being Superman retiring to be with Lois and Jon taking over as Superman just crossed my mind and scared the hell out of me.

I'm terrified now of the possibility of this current status quo shift in regards to the strange family is meant to give reason for Superman to decide down the line that he wants to be with his wife more and lead him to hand over the reigns. That's like...doomsday for me and not in the monster way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dont' know. But the idea of the status quo change being Superman retiring to be with Lois and Jon taking over as Superman just crossed my mind and scared the hell out of me.
    I don't think Clark's hanging up the tights any time soon. Not before he does all the things history says he does, that make him so revered in the future.

BANNED

This is what Bendis loves doing. Spider-Man, Iron Man, they all got replaced...but just keep in mind this was for as long as his runs went.

I'm terrified now of the possibility of this current status quo shift in regards to the strange family is meant to give reason for Superman to decide down the line that he wants to be with his wife more and lead him to hand over the reigns. That's like...doomsday for me and not in the monster way.
    After you said this. I was thinking Superman goes to space to start the United Planets.

Anything like that would turn me on a dime on a run in a way I don't think I've ever experienced before, lol.

What else are they gonna do with old, man in many cultures Jon. It is not like he has a rogue gallery. He will be sharing superman's. They might send him of to college and teen titans. Most of the current titans are kids compared to this guy. So i don't think he will be joining them. Then there is the legion. In which case jon would be superman of the future and clark will be in the present.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Thanks for posting this! Love everything I'm reading, glad it doesn't look like Bendis is ending his run soon, because he has a lot of fun ideas and I'd hate to see them tossed aside by whoever writes superman next.

Also like him straight up saying this is our Jon to avoid people obsessing over if this is a fake out. Looking forward to seeing how him and Damian interact even more now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Thanks for posting this! Love everything I'm reading, glad it doesn't look like Bendis is ending his run soon, because he has a lot of fun ideas and I'd hate to see them tossed aside by whoever writes superman next.

Also like him straight up saying this is our Jon to avoid people obsessing over if this is a fake out. Looking forward to seeing how him and Damian interact even more now.
    He certainly has my attention for the world building aspect of his run and am looking forward to more. It has been bumpy but I haven't given up on this being a great Superman run.

I do reserve the right to recant the above should he completely fly off the handle and burn the Super line to the ground.

He certainly has my attention for the world building aspect of his run and am looking forward to more. It has been bumpy but I haven't given up on this being a great Superman run.

I do reserve the right to recant the above should he completely fly off the handle and burn the Super line to the ground.
    Since he has researched on superman, greatly. I hope he brings back the supersword.
    Then i won't complain about anything he does. I promise. And personally call it greatest run ever. #superjedininjaboy