Page 328 of 613 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Or having the "next"status quo be there being a 10 and 17 year old jon,like the xmen ran with for a while there.
    Interestingly enough, the whole debacle ended with the 05 and adult X-Men having their memories and experiences merged aka Superman Reborn

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interestingly enough, the whole debacle ended with the 05 and adult X-Men having their memories and experiences merged aka Superman Reborn

That would screw the 10 year old Jon up pretty bad,but I would rather have that than not have him at all

Or having the "next"status quo be there being a 10 and 17 year old jon,like the xmen ran with for a while there.
    I hope not. I don’t know what Marvel was thinking dragging that lame plot line out for so long.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope not. I don’t know what Marvel was thinking dragging that lame plot line out for so long.

Same thing is happening now,just in a slightly different way with Jon now

This has bugging for a while. How did Clark not realize Lois was back on earth? From the way it looked, the only thing she took was the Superman suit. But when you see her at the hotel she has a laptop, tablet, wigs, clothing, and money. She didn't need money or electronically equipment in space. How would he not notice any of those missing? Especially the money part considering they will probably have linked banking accounts since there married.

She presumably had the laptop and stuff with her from her trip since she was planning on writing and did leave with a bag, so likely had some clothes and a credit card or something. And she was apparently only gone about a week so. He wasn't looking for her and once he knew she was back on Earth he found in like minutes. I would think she had no real expectation that she'd stay hidden for long and had a note to tell him she came back.

Though the wig is odd. It's Bendis man. It really only works if you don't really think about the characters actions to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    She presumably had the laptop and stuff with her from her trip since she was planning on writing and did leave with a bag, so likely had some clothes and a credit card or something. And she was apparently only gone about a week so. He wasn't looking for her and once he knew she was back on Earth he found in like minutes. I would think she had no real expectation that she'd stay hidden for long and had a note to tell him she came back.

Though the wig is odd. It's Bendis man. It really only works if you don't really think about the characters actions to much.
    That's one of my main problems; Bendis just ignores the characters as they were right before he took over, and twists them into something completely different. They're practically different characters, just with the names of previously established characters with a long history.

I'm thinking it's Bendis. The whole thing was just odd. She let's Cat Grant know she back, but doesn't even let Clark know. That's how lex found out.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I'm thinking it's Bendis. The whole thing was just odd. She let's Cat Grant know she back, but doesn't even let Clark know. That's how lex found out.
    Yeah, I don't think she really had any intention of staying hidden. I think the book is basically Bendis' thesis on Superman needing to do more in the world, and as we've seen Clark doesn't like that conversation, like in Superman 1, so she felt she needs distance from him to write it. Lois, especially in 1004, was essentially his mouthpiece for his thesis on marriage in comics apparently. So it makes sense that he'll use her the same way for this. To push Clark into more proaction. The way she was unnerved by seeing the aliens treat her as royalty basically fits into that. I don't know that that is her "secret" that she's writing about, but I think it all fits.

Lex I think found out because he has or got word of the photo of them kissing in Chicago. Chronologically, that happened before Trish confronted Clark at the DP. I'm sure we'll be getting photos or something from Trish about Lois meeting Superman and her "son" pretty soon in Action as well.

Yeah, I don't think she really had any intention of staying hidden. I think the book is basically Bendis' thesis on Superman needing to do more in the world, and as we've seen Clark doesn't like that conversation, like in Superman 1, so she felt she needs distance from him to write it. Lois, especially in 1004, was essentially his mouthpiece for his thesis on marriage in comics apparently. So it makes sense that he'll use her the same way for this. To push Clark into more proaction. The way she was unnerved by seeing the aliens treat her as royalty basically fits into that. I don't know that that is her "secret" that she's writing about, but I think it all fits.

Lex I think found out because he has or got word of the photo of them kissing in Chicago. Chronologically, that happened before Trish confronted Clark at the DP. I'm sure we'll be getting photos or something from Trish about Lois meeting Superman and her "son" pretty soon in Action as well.
    That was another thing that got me. She didn't need to hide to write the book. She could have easily told him and he would let her do it.

Kon93

Bendis got to bendis

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    That was another thing that got me. She didn't need to hide to write the book. She could have easily told him and he would let her do it.
    Bendis has set it up so that Clark apparently really has an issue with being told he needs to do more or he's not proactive enough. You had Jor El critique him for it in Man of Steel "put out fires in his baby clothes," he gets mad at Martian Manhunter for suggesting it in Superman 1. So it would follow that Lois, if that is what she's writing about and her book looked like it could be going in that direction, would feel that she needed some space from him to write what is basically a call for him to take more action in the world. Prompted by her seeing the way he's perceived by aliens and the good Jon was able to accomplish by being that proactive with Jor El. That's how I'm rationalizing it.

It also kind of fits with her statements in 1004 that they both have a lot of important work to do, and the energy and effort they put into pretending to be a normal family isn't necessary for them to be in a loving and committed relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Controversy creates cash...Superman#7 number one for the week

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...o-laughs-last/
    Looks like the article is discussing digital sales only, correct?

And that's how Bendis gets books and artists.he might not know how to write characters in character,but he knows how to stir **** up.he is a bomb thrower,not a caregiver,passed on from someone else,and in turn him passing it on to someone else
    This is why I haven't been able to support any Bendis books in years. I've been extra sure to stick to this with his move to DC. I don't want DC to feel to give him anymore freedom with his writing there then they already have. The only exception I made was with Young Justice #1. I couldn't resist the Jorge Jimenez cover. Outside of that I only pick up Bendis books during one of my local shop's twice yearly "buck a book" sales.

BANNED

Bendis has set it up so that Clark apparently really has an issue with being told he needs to do more or he's not proactive enough. You had Jor El critique him for it in Man of Steel "put out fires in his baby clothes," he gets mad at Martian Manhunter for suggesting it in Superman 1. So it would follow that Lois, if that is what she's writing about and her book looked like it could be going in that direction, would feel that she needed some space from him to write what is basically a call for him to take more action in the world. Prompted by her seeing the way he's perceived by aliens and the good Jon was able to accomplish by being that proactive with Jor El. That's how I'm rationalizing it.
    I think it's made pretty clear this is the case on subsequent re-readings. Bendis does not always spell things out for the reader, he trusts them to figure it out for themselves.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What does him being more proactive have anything to do with his family?And martian manhunter was acting very out of character.

Jor el on the other hand is just a jerk. He was just being condescending. It is not like he can do better. From, "grandpa is crazy" to "starting a war" his ideas are not that great. He couldn't even convince his homeworld council to save themselves. If he was so proactive most of the kryptonIan s will be alive. If he knew about rogal zarr, jor el and his pro active self should have had measures to contain him. Atleast kandor would not have been destroyed then.he did not even warn clark or other leaguers on this threat. He is just all bark and no bite.

I would love a more pro active superman not at the cost of him a pushover clark or reckless fool.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-19-2019 at 05:30 AM.