Page 290 of 613 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 9194

Finch’s art feels very stiff and his emotional range for characters isn’t very good. He’s great on Batman but he was horrid (imo) on WW. Not sure he’d be a good fit for Supes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think his emotional range belies the fact that he packs more detail into his pencils than almost anyone. Didn't read Batman but the smoothed out digital work from Canadian JL was nice. Wouldn't be surprised if he worked with his twin Bendis on Superman at some point actually.

BANNED

Just a heads up, DC's solicitations for March will be arriving later in the week (Thursday)

https://www.newsarama.com/43154-diam...n-release.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just a heads up, DC's solicitations for March will be arriving later in the week (Thursday)

https://www.newsarama.com/43154-diam...n-release.html
    Seems stupid to me but whatever. When they come out, they come out.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well it does look like someone dropped a building on him. Even if it doesnt hurt, it's still rather insulting.

I like Finch for certain books but I have yet to see him nail the facial expressions and body language that any good Super artist has to be capable of. Put him on something like Justice League and I'd be cool with it. Action or Superman? I'd be more hesitant. The guy is good, but Clark needs an artist who can really pull the emotion out of the script and Finch comes from the Image/Lee/Top Cow model that's more suited for pinups and action sequences.
    This is the biggest problem I have with both Finch and Jim Lee. I think he's so focused on what's "cool" that he fails to let a lot of his characters act and his Superman always looks like a statue chiseled from marble, which is pretty much the polar opposite of what I tend to like more from Superman artists. Hell, I'd argue that one of Superman's best artists Curt Swan's claim to fame with the Man of Steel was his ability to make the character emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This is the biggest problem I have with both Finch and Jim Lee. I think he's so focused on what's "cool" that he fails to let a lot of his characters act and his Superman always looks like a statue chiseled from marble, which is pretty much the polar opposite of what I tend to like more from Superman artists. Hell, I'd argue that one of Superman's best artists Curt Swan's claim to fame with the Man of Steel was his ability to make the character emote.
    No, I feel like that's exactly right. But Im not knocking on Lee either; I used to be an artist and getting facial expressions just right is a lot harder than it looks. I'll take a Jim Lee action sequence any time but Jim Lee talking heads aren't a lot of fun to look at.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-18-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like Dial H is only a 6 issue mini, just like the Wonder Twins. I'm kinda surprised Naomi is the only other ongoing besides young justice https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...in-march-2019/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks like Dial H is only a 6 issue mini, just like the Wonder Twins. I'm kinda surprised Naomi is the only other ongoing besides young justice https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...in-march-2019/
    Kinda hope both turn out to do well enough by whatever standards to become on-goings or get a "Season 2". I want the Wonder Twins to stick around after having been gone for so long, and there's something about the new Dial-H protagonist that makes me want him to stick around, too. I like his vibe and overall swagger.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, I feel like that's exactly right. But Im not knocking on Lee either; I used to be an artist and getting facial expressions just right is a lot harder than it looks. I'll take a Jim Lee action sequence any time but Jim Lee talking heads aren't a lot of fun to look at.
    Funny story, so was I! Terrible, mind, but enough to understand a fair bit about composition and Lee's strengths are in action, detail and a splash page. It's why he works pretty well on covers-- he's good at big, striking images! I just don't see putting him on a book that's more than popcorn fun being a good idea. He'd probably be great on, say, Green Lantern. I don't think I've ever looked to Lee or Finch's work and thought "how does this guy keep stealing checks?" It really is a matter of taste usually, but with both it's just not a book that tonally matches their work.

Think of Mike Mignola. He'd probably kill a Spectre book, but Young Justice would likely be a mess... But I'd buy every issue of each like a massive hypocrite. :P

Good! Not every character or idea needs an ongoing and I think Dial H is niche enough it'd die under 16 issues. Better to release it as a mini and publish another one if it does well and the creative team have more stories to tell. I'm all for more minis being done to have C and D list IPs have their time on the shelves, like Ragman a while back. Hell, Green Arrow dipped under 20k. It's a rough time and Dial H is a hard sell to most average comic fans.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-18-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Action Comics 1007 cover, looks like we are getting the lois & clark teamup stories Bendis teased finally with this Levithan arc
    acc.jpg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Action Comics 1007 cover, looks like we are getting the lois & clark teamup stories Bendis teased finally with this Levithan arc
    acc.jpg
    That needs to be a poster. Love it!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

acc.jpg
    Great cover and really looking forward to this direction kicking off. I assumed that Action 1007's cover must have been spoilery since it was being withheld so long, but maybe it just wasn't finished.

acc.jpg
    Reminds me of an 80s action movie poster. I like it.

Love Lois's pose, though one nitpick would be that Superman looks a bit stiff. I like the shirt-tear visual to look more fluid.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

AC#1007 variant by Patrick Gleason