Page 233 of 613 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 9194

Lmao I can't wait to see Lori show up. I'm very interested in seeing what Miller does. Black Label was originally meant to imitate the Killing Joke. When it was first written it was not meant to be in-continuity but it was so popular they made it canon. If Miller's Year One is popular they might fold it in. If not it's easily ignored. Frankly I'd prefer they just leave Supes origin alone for now. I want more stories about him at the peak of his career, or about "Year Two"-type stories like War of Jokes and Riddles.

Editorial push back over Miller including Wonder Woman, if that's why he has to push for it, is such a joke.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Editorial push back over Miller including Wonder Woman is such a joke.
    I think DC has finally moved on from that relationship. Now I assume they'll be pushing her with Trevor. That's fine imo, it's not really a relationship I feel strongly about.

I think there's just an edict out on it for the time being. But its high time that edict was over with. Its been two years, the current status quo is set, there's no need to be walking on eggshells anymore. And I'm not necessarily talking romance. Their relationship is more than that and important to Superman's mythos ever since the concept of the shared universe. It always has been. Nothing about acknowledging that, be it in-continuity or doing different things out of continuity, hampers Superman's current status quo nor WW's status quo.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-07-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Label was originally meant to imitate the Killing Joke. When it was first written it was not meant to be in-continuity but it was so popular they made it canon. If Miller's Year One is popular they might fold it in. If not it's easily ignored.
    This is what I'm now guessing the case is, and also why there'd be any sort of push back for ideas like including Wonder Woman as a past relationship. They seem to wanna leave ample space open so that it can be brought up in continuity if it proves popular enough. Along with it simply being a novelty that Miller is writing Superman, I think the reason they're actively promoting it alongside Bendis' in continuity run is to add to the idea of it being folded in if need be. Similar treatment hasn't been done for the other Black Label books as far as I know.

I want more stories about him at the peak of his career, or about "Year Two"-type stories like War of Jokes and Riddles.
    I'd be very interested in something like this. Not sure Bendis will be the one to do it because he seems way more forward focused, but it's good thought.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-07-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This is what I'm now guessing the case is, and also why there'd be any sort of push back for ideas like including Wonder Woman as a past relationship. They seem to wanna leave ample space open so that it can be brought up in continuity if it proves popular enough. Along with it simply being a novelty that Miller is writing Superman, I think the reason they're actively promoting it alongside Bendis' in continuity run is to add to the idea of it being folded in if need be. Similar treatment hasn't been done for the other Black Label books as far as I know.

I'd be very interested in something like this. Not sure Bendis will be the one to do it because he seems way more forward focused, but it's good thought.
    You’re probably right. That would make sense for why they don’t want Diana in there.

Yeah I don’t think Bendis is going to be looking back which makes me happy. Keep the momentum moving forward for now in the main books. Any past adventures can be saved for later or released as Black Label books. I know Morrison is probably as done with Superman as Johns is with GL, but I kind of wish he’d write an ending for his New 52 Superman in a Black Label book. Or a continuation at least, I know we’re getting the Sideways annual soon though.

Incredible Member

Any mention of the new Superman: Year One release date from Miller?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Editorial push back over Miller including Wonder Woman, if that's why he has to push for it, is such a joke.
    It kind of is a joke for that reason. But Miller's writing of the romance in particular leaves a LOT to be desired. I would rather not hear her call anybody sperm banks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It kind of is a joke for that reason. But Miller's writing of the romance in particular leaves a LOT to be desired. I would rather not hear her call anybody sperm banks.

This. Since it's was supposed to be Clark's early years, I was resigned to the fact that Lana and Lori would be included. However, I foolishly held a tiny bit of hope that Lois would be spared. The fact that he's not only including Lois, but also pushing to add Diana has me gagging.
    Last edited by rosawater; 10-07-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Any mention of the new Superman: Year One release date from Miller?
    Nope. He said they’re still working on it but no date. DK3 took forever to be completed iirc, so don’t hold out too much hope this will be done anytime soon.

He seems to be in a different place than he was when he wrote All-Star Batman and Robin. And DK3 had a pretty cool WW. Yes, I know Azz had a huge hand in that, but all in all I at least have hope his female characters won't be anything like that former work. But it'll probably be a while before I even get to see if that faith was well-placed or not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-07-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

He seems to be in a different place than he was when he wrote All-Star Batman and Robin. And DK3 had a pretty cool WW. Yes, I know Azz had a huge hand in that, but all in all I at least have hope his female characters won't be anything like that former work. But it'll probably be a while before I even get to see if that faith was well-placed or not.
    Yeah, I'm doubtful DC would even publish if he did something genuinely bad with lois and other female characters.

I hope to God he doesn’t try to draw anything though. His art skills have deteriorated badly.

Interestingly enough, Bendis says while understandably YJ is getting more of the headlines now, a year from now this Naomi character is going to be seen as the bigger announcement. That's quite a statement. Makes me think she's going to be multiversal level or something.