Page 39 of 613 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    On the plus side, this would also allow new creators, like Bendis, to try new things without any real long term damage.
    Depends on what you mean by "long term damage". Does Bendis wind up bringing in enough new/returning buyers who will stay with the titles for more than 6-12 months, or does he wind up alienating enough new/ returning/ and/or current readers/buyers who feel that this is truly the "last straw"?
    (And, could his "writing" efforts possibly even more polarizing than things like JMS' "Grounded" arc or David S. Goyer's back-up story in Action Comics #900 were in the last of the pre-New 52 days?)

I saw this image today.. Despite this image was posted 2 weeks ago ... Superman costume looks awesome here..

http://insidepulse.com/2018/02/12/dc...k-concept-art/

Superman-costume-1.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-13-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

wow thanks, I love when Derenick does these pieces. Sure wish I saw him get to the character more frequently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I meant regarding the current runs, definitely didn't mean to imply ever because I know no writer is immune to coming from a weird place with their writing. Makes me both morbidly curious and suspicious of what happens when editors read scenes like that, detached from the writer's head space.
    I was talking politics overall too, not just misogyny.

In regards to misogyny and the Rebirth runs, the Tomasi/Gleason run has been worse than the image posted. Jurgens, I'm not as sure, maybe not, but I can barely remember anything that happened between Path of Doom and the two-parter origin recap.

While Tomasi/Gleason and Jurgens may not have written anything as verbally misogynist as that Bendis scan, they have work where it permeates throughout the story.

To use an example I don't think anyone here would dispute, because the story is so reviled. The Spider-Man story 'Sins Past' is fundamentally misogynist. Women in the story aren't insulted with sexist and misogynist slurs like Carol Danvers is in that scan, but women are treated far worse in that story.

All of that said, I haven't actually read the comic where the scan is from, so it might be worse than what I've seen of it.

Its a very small detail, but I like it when the red straps of the belt are more diagonal than coming down vertically. In fact Reis's work on that MOS cover with the League looked to be doing that a bit, which reminded me of Superman Unbound, and was kinda hoping it'd become standard. Also like Unbound I'd like the buckle to be slightly bigger, to the point where it exceeds the height of the belt slightly. Gives it some extra depth, imo.

That said, I'm a fan of the huge S on the chest and back. Big ass S, and long ass cape. Just the way I like it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sins Past? I had to double check because yeah, that story was all JMS and deodato, though I remember the writer shifting a little blame towards editorial. Jurgens hasn't really touched Spider-Man since the Ben Reilly days.

The Mighty Avengers scene was basically contained to that and the part where Carol was talking about how Doom hurt her feelings. It made the rounds but a lot of that had to do with being just about the same time as the reviled scene in New Avengers where a villain ambushes Tigra in her home and records the beat down. I think Bendis could have even addressed i online with an apology at some point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Sins Past? I had to double check because yeah, that story was all JMS and deodato, though I remember the writer shifting a little blame towards editorial. Jurgens hasn't really touched Spider-Man since the Ben Reilly days.
    I wasn't trying to say 'Sins Past' was by Jurgens.

I was using it as an example of a story that's more misogynist than the Mighty Avenger scan, even if the latter had a woman insulted with misogynist slurs while the former didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw this image today.. Despite this image was posted 2 weeks ago ... Superman costume looks awesome here..

Superman-costume-1.jpg
    I really find his muscles... strange here. Don't really know why, they seem out of proportion somehow. Especially his tights, perhaps because the underwear make the upper-part appear a lot less larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Expect a big promotional poster for the Bendis run.
    I assumed it would be the Reis Man of Steel covers together.

Superman-costume-1.jpg
    I've been spoiled by the Reborn costume.

Now whenever I see a modern depiction of the trunks they just feel so unnecessary and out-of-place as a modern costume .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Superman-costume-1.jpg
    Reminds me of the 90's era, at this point, I've accepted it so no harsh words from me.

More things...You can see 2 SM images(in the link, I only was joking about Lex), one reborn(and lex luthor shadow) and other with trunks(in dinosaur island again) and more:

https://www.newsarama.com/38615-curr...-specials.html

"The Last Will and Testament of Lex Luthor".

Screen Shot 804.jpg

"Beginning with the events of 'Rebirth,' Superman’s greatest enemy became his most unexpected ally. Is Lex finally on the heroic path, or is he still hiding his true colors?," reads a DC announcement. "When he finds himself in an adventure where Superman could be destroyed, what will he do? Save the Man of Steel, or witness his demise at the hands of an unimaginable enemy?
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-13-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Superman-costume-1.jpg
    Love it. Honestly the trunks work on bulky Supes way better.

I'm going to bet that in the Action special, the very battle that "kills" Lex also does a number on Superman to the point that that the Reborn suit is damaged beyond repair, hence an in-story reason for him to go back to his classic suit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Wow. That's very much the John Byrne Superman except I don't remember Byrne ever drawing the yellow "s" on the cape that big.

Cool by me.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    This is an example of why I'm not spending a penny on Bendis' Superman run no matter how long it lasts. Stuff like this is painfully awful and Bendis is going to have a similarly cringeworthy line of dialogue in his run at some point.
    Yikes.

A) It's just very "straight male gaze" to have Carol's ass so uncovered.

B) Victor Von Doom just does not talk like that.