Page 40 of 613 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

I like the visual, I'm just hopeful that's the only inspiration taken from Byrne.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    B) Victor Von Doom just does not talk like that.
    Bendis is pretty infamous for not giving a damn about characterization (And previously stabilished canon), wouldn't surprise me if he ends up writing Lex like that on one of his bad days.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Byrne inspired look is fine by me. Byrne always drew a great Supes.

It's everything else he was kind of iffy at, and I hope doesn't provide an inspiration for the new run.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Byrne inspired look is fine by me. Byrne always drew a great Supes.

It's everything else he was kind of iffy at, and I hope doesn't provide an inspiration for the new run.
    And yet, wasn't it Byrne who introduced the concept of John and Martha Kent still being alive when Clark was an adult Superman and living in Metropolis?
    Some people seem to want that brought back somehow.

I sure don't. But yeah, that's probably one of the few popular Byrne changes today.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

And his supporting cast. They had better not forget Maggie in all this revamp stuff.

The expanded supporting cast (or in some cases the established characters who got renewed development/attention) were definitely bright spots in Byrne's run.

And I like the "corrupt businessman" Lex, though it needs to be paired with "evil hyper genius" Lex to get the most out of it.

I am also a big fan of his version of Krypton.

Beyond that, most of the changes he made I dont agree with at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As a completely new reader of Superman, all I can say is..."Ohh no, another title/reboot/version of Superman to keep track of!"

I don't know who Bendis is at all so I don't know if I'm to be thrilled or sad about this news yet. I welcome it though!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    As a completely new reader of Superman, all I can say is..."Ohh no, another title/reboot/version of Superman to keep track of!"

I don't know who Bendis is at all so I don't know if I'm to be thrilled or sad about this news yet. I welcome it though!
    In a way, I suppose this will be the real test for Bendis...getting people like you who are very new to the franchise and attempting to hold on to them with his direction for the character.

Welcome aboard

Ah, I guess you are right, Miles! and thanks!

Quick bonus question: I don't read comics online. I prefer to have them around to pick up and read...but I don't plan on buying single issues. All current series by DC are put out in trade paperbacks yes? And is there a place online where I can see upcoming trade paperback Superman releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah View Post
    Ah, I guess you are right, Miles! and thanks!

Quick bonus question: I don't read comics online. I prefer to have them around to pick up and read...but I don't plan on buying single issues. All current series by DC are put out in trade paperbacks yes? And is there a place online where I can see upcoming trade paperback Superman releases?
    Just search Superman Rebirth or Action Comics Rebirth (or whatever else you wanna read) on Amazon or wherever you like to order books from. It'll have the stuff that's already out and the stuff that's coming out soon for preorder. No Bendis stuff yet though.

Thanks for the reply and advice bigstupidjellyfish

WELLCOME to CBR Hooah..

Good avatar, Supergirl is the best character of Injustice 2.

Giving Bendis singular control over a character like Superman is still a bad idea in my view. You either have to like Bendis or be unaware of his work to give him a chance. If you don't like Bendis but like reading Superman, there's no alternative for those fans at the moment. It's either Bendis or nothing.