Page 431 of 613 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well if that's the way it comes off I apologize. I do think he's overrated, and I don't think its out of bounds to state as such and why, but I don't intend it to come across as shots fired at those who are his fans as people. While I can be critical of the mindset and others can be crticial of mine, I think that's as far as it goes. I have no qualms with any of his fans on a personal level.
    Fair enough.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Since this was the first time Rogal actually struck a chord with me, and Bendis posted them on his Instagram I figured I’d share these here:
    46931C50-11A7-446D-AC70-8EEA37E80796.jpg
    8B4F0201-54AF-4BBB-AE13-87F644F6C929.jpg

Not usually a fan of “grim red-eyed Superman” but it works here I think.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Since this was the first time Rogal actually struck a chord with me, and Bendis posted them on his Instagram I figured I’d share these here:
    46931C50-11A7-446D-AC70-8EEA37E80796.jpg
    8B4F0201-54AF-4BBB-AE13-87F644F6C929.jpg

Not usually a fan of “grim red-eyed Superman” but it works here I think.
    Wait, are they redesigning rogol?If yes, then that look dope. He looks like the grimm reaper. Honestly, this should have been his design anyway. I wanted rogol to have slim build and semi skeleton face as well. Now,bendis has to give him a good backstory.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wait, are they redesigning rogol?If yes, then that look dope. He looks like the grimm reaper. Honestly, this should have been his design anyway. I wanted rogol to have slim build and semi skeleton face as well. Now,bendis has to give him a good backstory.
    No, I think Andrea Sorrentino was just inspired to do some art of the two. No indication this will actually be used in a comic.
    Currently Reading:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, I think Andrea Sorrentino was just inspired to do some art of the two. No indication this will actually be used in a comic.
    Oh! Well, i guess we are stuck with this design then

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Agreed, this design looks infinitely better. Regardless of the design, he does need a good backstory lol.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

These

Are

Amazing

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Continuing

To Be

Amazing

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also, we're getting a young Jor-El flashback in Superman by Brandon Peterson

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3bNB6B...=1qtqhns0jnhxl

That doesn't look like Krypton. Hmmm

Side note: I kind of dig that he's a brunet rather than having Clark's black hair.

Half brother Zaar. I'm telling you...
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-18-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Those Jimmy teasers are hilarious.
    lmao

Those Jimmy adds are genius. Plain and simple.

I'm also kind of surprised to see young Jor-El with brown hair and a beard. I guess it was back when he was roaming the galaxy more or less unlawfully in regard to Krypton's standing when it comes to space travel (even if I guess it's maybe being retconned as being forbidden for citizenry while shadier operations would have had access to it, helping cement some kryptoniophobia in the larger galaxy?).

Mighty Member

Yeah, Jimmy's book looks like it will be the best thing to come out of Bendis's Superman. I do think it will be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Also, we're getting a young Jor-El flashback in Superman by Brandon Peterson

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3bNB6B...=1qtqhns0jnhxl

That doesn't look like Krypton. Hmmm

Side note: I kind of dig that he's a brunet rather than having Clark's black hair.

Half brother Zaar. I'm telling you...
    No, Bendis says very specifically that's Krypton.
    Currently Reading:

Sorry I meant to say "those don't look like kryptonians"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sorry I meant to say "those don't look like kryptonians"
    Ahhh, cool. Well, I'm in agreement there.
    Currently Reading:

I love Bendis' comment in the preview about "and a colorist who remembers its a red sun!"

Not a problem I've often noticed in depictions of Krypton (dont most colorists remember that?) but it made me laugh.

Those Jimmy ads are excellent.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.