Page 578 of 613 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I can't believe this is the meeting we are gonna get after the wait. What a colossal disappointment.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-29-2020 at 10:52 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Ha! You know comics are back when MeGrimlock4020 is back with previews. Thanks.

As for the preview itself, I kind of love it. Loved that we're getting Jon in there as fast as possible in the first issue of this arc. Conner's totally befuddled with the meeting, but Jon, without even an ounce of hesitation, introduces himself and goes in for a handshake. And I really dig how Clark just wants to help Conner.

And if I'm not mistaken, when Jon and Brainy show up that's a homage to Bill and Ted, right? It's even got one being dark haired and the other blond, and they're both obviously time traveling like Bill and Ted.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ha! You know comics are back when MeGrimlock4020 is back with previews. Thanks.
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I can't believe this is the meeting we are gonna get after the wait. What a colossal disappointment.
    That's pretty much the entirety of this run a disappointment one after the next.

And if I'm not mistaken, when Jon and Brainy show up that's a homage to Bill and Ted, right? It's even got one being dark haired and the other blond, and they're both obviously time traveling like Bill and Ted.
    I think so? Haven't watched those movies since they first hit VHS, so it's been a minute. But if it's not an intentional homage it's still pretty good timing, since that next movie is supposed to be happening....whenever.

I'm liking the preview as well; Jon just stepping in for the handshake, no questions asked, is pretty damn great. And the dialogue between Clark and Conner is spot on.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, Bendis is gen x, right? So, that might've been formative for him on some level, and he either did it unconsciously or he literally linked a picture for Bill and Ted's cover like I've seen him do with other stuff in scripts he's posted.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

You know after 1022 I just want a phone call between Clark and Barry over their similar situations

Clark: “Hey, Barry I got a question for you. Besides Wally, have you been dealing with any super people who say we forgot them because of reality changes?

A grandson from the future? No I got a clone I apparently forgot about.

What? He knows him? God Barry we really need to do something about all these erased people, it’s becoming a pattern that does not look good on us.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, Bendis is gen x, right? So, that might've been formative for him on some level, and he either did it unconsciously or he literally linked a picture for Bill and Ted's cover like I've seen him do with other stuff in scripts he's posted.
    I feel like that image is way too close to the movie's for it to be a coincidence. Somebody threw that reference in there intentionally, but whether it was Bendis or the artist? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know after 1022 I just want a phone call between Clark and Barry over their similar situations

Clark: “Hey, Barry I got a question for you. Besides Wally, have you been dealing with any super people who say we forgot them because of reality changes?

A grandson from the future? No I got a clone I apparently forgot about.

What? He knows him? God Barry we really need to do something about all these erased people, it’s becoming a pattern that does not look good on us.
    Seriously. I mean, the heroes have known that time was broken, at least on some level, for a while now. Why are they not putting some resources into this? I mean, I'd be freaking out. Why is no one pestering Barry to look into this, or asking Booster if he's got Rip Hunter's phone number?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Evennt Levithan Checkmate was delayed and the reason sounds more to do with story reasons than COVID-19 https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwDb2UpBjm/

"Checkmate was connected to some stuff that is still being worked out. No biggie and it’s gorgeous."

Could the story have helped lead into 5G and now that DC is reworking that relaunch, they are changing up that booK? Event Levithan Aftermath did seem to connect to the ending of flash fforward by randomly showing a new 52 wonder woman in one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Evennt Levithan Checkmate was delayed and the reason sounds more to do with story reasons than COVID-19 https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwDb2UpBjm/

"Checkmate was connected to some stuff that is still being worked out. No biggie and it’s gorgeous."

Could the story have helped lead into 5G and now that DC is reworking that relaunch, they are changing up that booK? Event Levithan Aftermath did seem to connect to the ending of flash fforward by randomly showing a new 52 wonder woman in one panel.
    That could be a reason. Might also be that with Didio gone, some characters that they wanted to use in that book, but couldn’t, are now available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Seriously. I mean, the heroes have known that time was broken, at least on some level, for a while now. Why are they not putting some resources into this? I mean, I'd be freaking out. Why is no one pestering Barry to look into this, or asking Booster if he's got Rip Hunter's phone number?
    I don't know if anyone would ask Booster about something time-travel related at this point...

And Barry actually IS doing something about it! We already know that the Flash Family characters wiped out when time was stolen will be restored in his next solo issue. Solicits show that Max Mercury and Jesse Quick are back. They've been gone for nine years, since the New 52 reboot. With Impulse escaping the Speed Force and Wally having got Jai and Irey back, that's the last step to restoring the pre-Flashpoint Flash Family.

We just need it to trickle out to everyone else. For example, the Batgirls - Cass and Steph both know they used to be Batgirl, but nobody else remembers that, except for Tim Drake who had his memory restored by Zatanna, and his older AU counterpart who is the one who showed the girls their true history. Other changes that should happen are Conner and Clark remembering each other and Conner's history being restored (stupid Bendis, there shouldn't have been anything to fix on Conner's end), and reverting to Donna Troy's original origin (she's had retcon over retcon over the years, no longer necessary now that Diana was active before she was born again).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Conner being forgotten isn't on Bendis. Back during Reborn Conner was absent from the "Death-Return" images, he was written out before Bendis came along.

Now, Conner's absence was strikingly obvious, so maybe Jurgens or someone had plans to bring him back eventually, and that never came to fruition for whatever reason. But this all happened long before Bendis came over from Marvel.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Conner being forgotten isn't on Bendis. Back during Reborn Conner was absent from the "Death-Return" images, he was written out before Bendis came along.

Now, Conner's absence was strikingly obvious, so maybe Jurgens or someone had plans to bring him back eventually, and that never came to fruition for whatever reason. But this all happened long before Bendis came over from Marvel.
    I love that Conner is back. His absence in Reborn was so blatant. I don't know why they did it but I feel like they were erasing him without any hints of return. To me, that felt permanent. I understand those unhappy with Bendis for everything but that can't be me. There are some nuggets of his run that I quite like, Conner's return, the United Planets, Clark's reveal (this I actually love...so far). None of which are perfect but it's not hard for me to find something to appreciate about that. The only thing I haven't, despite not voicing any complaints on this board, is Jon's aging. I find it pointless and would have appreciated older Jon at least being around his family for a while before shipping him off into the future. The less said about Rogol Zaar the better (Krypton and Jor-El deserved better).

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I love that Conner is back. His absence in Reborn was so blatant. I don't know why they did it but I feel like they were erasing him without any hints of return.
    I think there were plans for a return of some kind. Conner gets mentioned in Tynion's 'Tec run a few times while Tim is being held hostage by Mr. Oz/Jor-El. And finding out who Conner is/was is one of Tim's main motivations for leaving the Cave at the end of the run. If they had planned to erase him they wouldn't have mentioned him at all. The New52 had already erased this version of the character so if leaving Conner in limbo was the plan all they needed to do was not talk about him again.

I could be wrong of course, but the in-your-face absence in Reborn, Conner being mentioned in 'Tec, and a couple other hints/examples I can't quite remember right now imply that there were plans for Conner. Who knows what those plans were, it might've been a "we'll leave this hint here, just in case someone wants to use Conner someday" or who knows what. For all we know, if Bendis hadn't wanted to bring YJ back Conner might've stayed in limbo for years and years. But I do think DC had plans of some kind for the character, they spent too much effort name dropping him across a few different books for me to easily believe they were just gonna cut and run. But who knows?

As for Bendis, I've largely enjoyed his run but there's plenty of stuff I haven't liked about it too. I just pointed out that Conner's poor treatment wasn't on Bendis because the guy shouldn't be blamed for crap he had nothing to do with.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-02-2020 at 08:08 AM.

~ Black Panther.