Page 516 of 613 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Are Shadow Lass and Cosmic Boy a thing or is she just naturally touchy-feely?
    From Tynion's upcoming Batman issue #86

Pre-requisite "I hate Joker having weird speech bubbles" comment.

Tynion's Joker sure likes killing henchemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    >TT<

He's not tired, he's luring his enemies into a trap!
    That's how I see Damian fans writing it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Keep Damian away from Bendis! Not once has a thing Bendis written about Damian been in character nor even sounded like him.
    Maybe the attitude in certain respects, but he can't write his dialogue very well in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's how I see Damian fans writing it off.
    Ha! Quite possibly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From DC Nation:

"What happens when The Truth is revealed?"

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...03797515014144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From DC Nation:

Well, that's not ominous at all .

Lol Damian's all tuckered out

Issue 3 of Legion

Issue 3, huh?

Whelp....I was gonna give Legion at least three issues to grab me but I've already sworn off anything Bendis writes with Damian or Super Sons in it.

Guess I could just skip this one and have #4 be Legion's third chance. We'll see how I feel about #2.

Well, that's not ominous at all .
    What did Clark expect to happen? Makes sense that the Planet would get attacked once it's known Superman works there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, if that is what just happened there, it feels like something Supes should have been prepared for. And hopefully it was so none of his co-workers got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From DC Nation:

Lmao. Feels like that’s a fake out or an alternate future, but it could be a repercussion of the Metropolis Doom arc.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It'll be interesting if this turns out to be real rather than just like a dream or fear of Clark's after the fact.

I'm looking at Tynion's upcoming Batman run, and I'm seeing some similarities brewing.

In his pitch Tynion talks about how Gotham and its people are in a state of transition and repair, and what they become will be something totally new and more distinctly 'Gotham' rather than a city you can look outside and see.

Similar to that Metropolis is about to have a legit war fought in its streets in Action Comics, and the Planet is possibly going to get attacked. And similar to how Bendis blew up the Fortress only to rebuild and redefine it in some ways, I think the same approach my be likely here with not just the Planet but also the whole city.

And I honestly think a 5G timeskip may be where we see the solidification of those big sweeping changes. For Metropolis, I'm expecting to see some fairly futuristic updates and that United Planets embassy that's always been foretold to eventually be built at the heart of the city. And I'm hoping for outer space immigrants too. New version of the city for a new Superman. Same with Gotham.

Are Shadow Lass and Cosmic Boy a thing or is she just naturally touchy-feely?
    He's been talking about how he's hooking Cos and Shadow Lass together at least two different times, but I assumed it was a joke. Might not be.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If Metropolis takes on a much more science fiction and less realistic aesthetic than I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao. Feels like that’s a fake out or an alternate future, but it could be a repercussion of the Metropolis Doom arc.
    Kinda has some finality to it. I guess we are in the last leg of Clark's run as Superman with 5G coming up.
    He's been talking about how he's hooking Cos and Shadow Lass together at least two different times, but I assumed it was a joke. Might not be.
    Does he just think Rokk has a thing for women in dark outfits ?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It'll be interesting if this turns out to be real rather than just like a dream or fear of Clark's after the fact.

I'm looking at Tynion's upcoming Batman run, and I'm seeing some similarities brewing.

In his pitch Tynion talks about how Gotham and its people are in a state of transition and repair, and what they become will be something totally new and more distinctly 'Gotham' rather than a city you can look outside and see.

Similar to that Metropolis is about to have a legit war fought in its streets in Action Comics, and the Planet is possibly going to get attacked. And similar to how Bendis blew up the Fortress only to rebuild and redefine it in some ways, I think the same approach my be likely here with not just the Planet but also the whole city.

And I honestly think a 5G timeskip may be where we see the solidification of those big sweeping changes. For Metropolis, I'm expecting to see some fairly futuristic updates and that United Planets embassy that's always been foretold to eventually be built at the heart of the city. And I'm hoping for outer space immigrants too. New version of the city for a new Superman. Same with Gotham.

You should post more in the Batman section, we need more people hyped about Tynion’s run there! As for your theory, it’s seeming to be more and more like metropolis will be going through some changes. It does seem like a lot of setup for 5G is starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What did Clark expect to happen? Makes sense that the Planet would get attacked once it's known Superman works there.
    I think it's a fake out. It's not like the Daily Planet wasn't his favorite hangout with a ton of publicly acknowledged friends before. Why would it be more of a target with him actually being present. Bendis even acknowledged that in one of the interviews.

Blow up the DP, kill the people there. Might as well, make room for Prez Supes and all. We are leaving this whole thing behind now, aren't we?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

From Superman issue 19 next month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B59KXTNp...d=7ut1mkvg7e6v

Seems like a giant superhero celebration for Superman coming out as Clark Kent.

I see Wonder Woman remains skeptical if not outright upset about this like in today's issue.

You think maybe Wonder Woman will act as a voice that's a bit in line with some skeptical fans? Rucka has expressed his reservations on the reveal, so maybe he and Bendis will have Diana formulate that argument?

That would be fascinating now that I think about it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.