Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
I didn't suggest there he was off the hook with Clark. What I said was that Clark knew Jor-El was being controlled and that he did get to have a moment with his "true" father. It may not have been fully wrapped up in a bow in regards to feelings, but logically he knew this coming out of Oz Effect. It was bittersweet, it wasn't everything, but it was something. This often gets omitted when some talk about Clark letting his son go off with a genocidal maniac (not everyone, even with this information intact there are plenty others who still have justifiable issue here and I don't gainsay that). He knows at that point that his father is not really those things and that was a result of his mind-control. Doesn't mean he fully trusts the real him, doesn't mean he even fully knows the real him, but he does at the point of MOS know that much continuity-wise.

I get the issues people have regardless
My whole issue with it is that there should have been an issue before MOS that shows Jor-el building trust with Clark. It also could've been shown in MOS briefly just to show there is trust.