Page 520 of 613 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruce with a beard would be so weird given how much of the Batman look relies no the chin.
    Bruce has actually had a beard. Remember when Jim Gordon was Batman and Bruce had amnesia? Bruce had a beard then, and Jim DIDN'T have his moustache. I guess they agree that Batman has to be clean shaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    From Superman issue 19 next month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B59KXTNp...d=7ut1mkvg7e6v

Seems like a giant superhero celebration for Superman coming out as Clark Kent.
    Cyborg again. And Martian Manhunter. Vic's in space and J'onn's been out of commission since Apex Lex appeared - why are they there? There's no way that either Year of the Villain or Justice League Odyssey are over yet. Both are solicited to at least March.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-14-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

We got a zoomed in and colored new look at issue 3 of Legion of Super-Heroes. 6 new images.

(if anyone knows how to grab images of instagram, you'd be a legend if you went ahead and helped post these on here!)

* Travis Moore's fill in work is outstanding. It perfectly complements Sook. DC's really not playing around with this book on the production side.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6UEOcGp...d=qua5p6e0vn5m

* Ha! I don't need words to tell me what's going on in that second to last image. Jon just got busted for bringing Damian to the future, and Irma's getting ready to give him a talking to. The sheepish totally knowing he did something wrong, but trying to play it off look on his face in the bottom panel while Damian laughs is pretty great.

Really dig callback to Jon being a bit mischievous here and there. Plus, he's a kid who just got to "college".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So Bendis reaffirmed recently that everything in Doomsday Clock lines up and it got me thinking... spoilers:
    Since Clark was Superboy again, is he going to be the inspiration for the Legion again, or at the very least will they still have picked him up back when he was a teen? I wonder which changes we will see going forward.

I think either still allows Jon to be there and important, but man it'd be nice for Clark to have that back.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It is mentioned in ddc that superboy is the inspiration for the legion,again.

We got a zoomed in and colored new look at issue 3 of Legion of Super-Heroes. 6 new images.

(if anyone knows how to grab images of instagram, you'd be a legend if you went ahead and helped post these on here!)

* Travis Moore's fill in work is outstanding. It perfectly complements Sook. DC's really not playing around with this book on the production side.

* Ha! I don't need words to tell me what's going on in that second to last image. Jon just got busted for bringing Damian to the future, and Irma's getting ready to give him a talking to. The sheepish totally knowing he did something wrong, but trying to play it off look on his face in the bottom panel while Damian laughs is pretty great.

Really dig callback to Jon being a bit mischievous here and there. Plus, he's a kid who just got to "college".
    Travis Moore looks like a rougher Doc Shaner.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Did damian just grow? He looks taller.

I'm reminded of Snyder's words from a while back about how while concepts and ideas from Doomsday Clock will make their way into the DCU, it's kind of a "soft continuity" that they are not beholden to. I'm thinking that those that assumed Johns' personal intention was to just bring the Legion back as their silver age incarnations were right. He clearly wanted to do that, and in the confines of his story, he basically did in all but look. But I don't think that holds any weight in the greater DCU now. I'm thinking they'll cherry pick continuity from Doomsday Clock, and leave the whole of it as it's own thing.

So, Ma and Pa being back, the JSA being in the timeline, Clark as Superboy, Mime and Marionette, and the concept of the metaverse and how it gives birth to worlds are all staying, but the specifics beyond that like the implication that Clark inspired the Legion I doubt are coming into the main DCU.

With the creation of Earth-1985, I don't really think DC need really be too beholden to ideas like that. You want them? There's a whole Earth with nothing but that. I think that's why they say it's still unexplored to this day.

That said, there's nothing really that said Clark as a boy can't team up with his future son and the Legion and then have his mind erased later on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

To be honest, conceptually it would have been super easy to just keep both Superboys in the Legion, that way Clark keeps his Legion history and Jon gets to have his own adventures.

To be honest, conceptually it would have been super easy to just keep both Superboys in the Legion, that way Clark keeps his Legion history and Jon gets to have his own adventures.
    Probably. Just not what they're going for.

Probably. Just not what they're going for.
    As vague as continuity can be in the DCU, it might eventually be .

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

They could just have Jon and Clark be in the Legion at different points of time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So Bendis reaffirmed recently that everything in Doomsday Clock lines up and it got me thinking... spoilers:
    Since Clark was Superboy again, is he going to be the inspiration for the Legion again, or at the very least will they still have picked him up back when he was a teen? I wonder which changes we will see going forward.

I think either still allows Jon to be there and important, but man it'd be nice for Clark to have that back.
    end of spoilers
    I don't get it though, in the panel they used to show that, they used the legion in their old costumes pre reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't get it though, in the panel they used to show that, they used the legion in their old costumes pre reboot.
    I think Johns was still doing Rebirth Earth, which is where DDC began and was supposed to end (with a lot of pre-Flashpoint stuff restored). But the subsequent change-up in direction, yeah.

How does the Daily Planet expect to survive if it's giving away the paper for free? Look at that subscriptions ad on the recap page!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman