Page 467 of 613 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 9194

Looks like Rose & Thorn is indeed the new immortal. Guessing that’s Kara?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Rose & Thorn is indeed the new immortal. Guessing that’s Kara?
    Yes, it's Kara. She's president in the future. Check the article on EW: https://ew.com/books/2019/08/29/dc-l...m-lee-artwork/

Not too fan of the way Jim Lee draws old Kara, but it may be because of the Halloween Special from last year (or was it the Winter Special) where we saw an older Kara fleeing a devastated Earth which has spoiled me.

Also, I told you Superlad that I would be wrong about Melody Moore

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I guess that confirms that currently Kryptonians age very slowly. I do prefer the idea that they would have human lifespans, or slightly longer, but it's cool. I realize that's an unpopular opinion, but I think it's the one thing even Kryptonians can't overcome and it makes his time in the age of Heroes a bit more meaningful. Doubly so if we're to believe the next generation will take over at some point in the future, likely with a matured Jon in his father's place as Superman. Also don't care for Beyond being proper continuity because I don't see how Neo Gotham can exist in the proper DCU. Ah well, the future in DC has always been exceptionally fluid so I'm sure a retcon I care for will occur eventually.

Interesting that President Kara looks quite a bit like Power Girl. I guess DC weighed in on that discussion we've had on the board and all of us who said that they would be distinct due to differing universes, lifestyles and behavior are on the wrong side of history. Pack it up, boys. We lost this one.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really satisfied/hyped by this preview.

Kara as Earth's President and what Clark and Kara apparently talk about in next weeks Supergirl issue 33 seems to do quite a bit in the way of confirming the title of Earth president being a to be explored, and Superman for President of Earth in the present.

And I'll just say that I think this is an amazing legacy title for Clark to leave behind. It's a title that both family and non family can rise to the challenge without making some fans feel like "there's only one Earth President", if you catch my meaning, yet it's still something Clark starts.

I wonder if Bendis is inspired by the almost mythic idea of the Kennedy family (some say "dynasty") when he was coming up with the idea of the El family's public service, and Clark's galactic appeal?

And Korath it was still quite the guess haha
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I guess that confirms that currently Kryptonians age very slowly. I do prefer the idea that they would have human lifespans, or slightly longer, but it's cool. I realize that's an unpopular opinion, but I think it's the one thing even Kryptonians can't overcome and it makes his time in the age of Heroes a bit more meaningful. Doubly so if we're to believe the next generation will take over at some point in the future, likely with a matured Jon in his father's place as Superman. Also don't care for Beyond being proper continuity because I don't see how Neo Gotham can exist in the proper DCU. Ah well, the future in DC has always been exceptionally fluid so I'm sure a retcon I care for will occur eventually.

Interesting that President Kara looks quite a bit like Power Girl. I guess DC weighed in on that discussion we've had on the board and all of us who said that they would be distinct due to differing universes, lifestyles and behavior are on the wrong side of history. Pack it up, boys. We lost this one.
    I just noticed the old school Power Girl hairstyle. I thought he was going for more of a Hillary Clinton vibe.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just noticed the old school Power Girl hairstyle. I thought he was going for more of a Hillary Clinton vibe.
    Probably a little of column A, a little of column B.

Superman #16 Instagram post with Jon and Damian saving kitties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zOXGzB...d=gio7d43chs2m

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is it still April Fools' Day, right? 😤

People are gonna be like legit heated about this cover, but freakin love it lol

It's self-aware, and plays up what was a minor "oh, sorry, Superman. We weren't talking to you" and blows it into a full blown snub for comedic effect.

Very silver age. I bet Bendis was saving this one up from moment one haha

I got a laugh out of that cover. Totally reminds me of Clark’s actual first meeting with the LoSH where they were total dicks to him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Superman #16 Instagram post with Jon and Damian saving kitties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zOXGzB...d=gio7d43chs2m
    I'm enjoying the art, which will probably be the saving point of the issue since I'm not expecting much from Bendis writing Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it still April Fools' Day, right? ��

Poor Supes .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it still April Fools' Day, right? 😤
    I'm as pissed about the Legion/UP thing as anyone, but come on, that's funny. Very Silver Age, as Superlad said.

We can laugh at our own pain folks.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Oh man, I am loving that cover!