Page 383 of 613 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 9194

That sounds like an intriguing storyline to tackle.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

People are going to freak out about that storyline but I’m super excited about it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People are going to freak out about that storyline but I’m super excited about it.
    Yep, I'd see a reson to be mad if this was just a sub plot in Bendis's book and what would take most of Lois's page tie, but if it's a part of her solo there will be more going on to make it exciting.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm ready for Ruka to dig into the Sam Lane stuff, the infamous Superman kiss, he leaving the Planet, the thing that sparked her new project, whatever her big secret that she uncovered is, and her book.

And I love that this is a straight up, unflinching reporter book. Not trying to give her a way to hit things, but just straight up letting her do the thing that she's supposed to be known for.

With what they're saying about the Lois book, I honestly can't wait to hear about Fraction's approach for the Jimmy Olsen book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, I'd see a reson to be mad if this was just a sub plot in Bendis's book and what would take most of Lois's page tie, but if it's a part of her solo there will be more going on to make it exciting.
    If this was Bendis in Action I’d be pretty concerned. It’d likely be more about how it all affects Clark. But Rucka telling this story, and most importantly telling it from Lois’ point of view, is no where near as concerning to me and actually presents an opportunity to tell an important story. A couple of months ago this storyline had me all kinds pissed off, but now that I see how they are going to tackle it and especially that it’s Rucka that’s going to handle Lois’ side of it, well I still have some concerns but I’m actually looking forward to seeing how it’s going to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And I love that this is a straight up, unflinching reporter book. Not trying to give her a way to hit things, but just straight up letting her do the thing that she's supposed to be known for.
    She better lay Trish Q out at some point though.

The Sam Lane stuff should be really good. Would not surprise me with the title of the arc being “Enemy of the People” that it all ties in. And I agree, I hope we see more of her time in space. Would not surprise me if they extend her stay out there a little or if we see more from her point of view instead of Jon’s like we talked about a while back.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-21-2019 at 10:32 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    She better lay Trish Q out at some point though.
    Funny you should bring her up because, now that I think about it for a second, I'm thinking Bendis actually created Trish Q as a foil for Lois that Rucka can use. Rucka's comments about this not being a punching book in any real sense made me realize that one of Lois' antagonists HAS TO be a reporter of some sort. Trish is the one that's been gunning for this Lois/Superman angle since issue 1001 of Action where she said she heard Lois left Clark for Superman.

Bendis seems to have made "phase 1" of Action Comics a farm to grow these plot lines for Lois, Clark, Jimmy, and even the DCU in the case of Leviathan. I honestly can't wait to get a birds eye view of Bendis run, so I can marvel at the surprising amount of forethought for the Superman line.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Greg Rucka on his Lois Lane comic: "I think it's got more spiritually in common with Gotham Central than anything I've done in the DC Universe since Gotham Central."

"Nowhere in this book is she going to kick anyone, punch anyone, shoot anyone, she will not develop a Canary cry at any point. This is the story of Lois Lane being a reporter."

https://twitter.com/TheInspecter/sta...47806092140544

This sound so exciting, glad there won't have to be a gimmick like her being superwoman or something and we can just get Lois reporter stories. Surprised DC would actually sell a title like that though, it must be one heck of a story Lois is doing.
    This is my favourite kind of Lois, smart Lois. I was always interested but now I'm just too eager for the book already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I am rewatching Lois & Clark, in the episode 4x13 that's basically the setup of the episode.
    Having re-watched the show a couple of months back, I theorised that #1004 could be framed along the same lines. I guess I hit the mark here.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm not a real fan of the Fury storyline actually, I think it was done as a kind of response to the criticism that Lois had been reduced to basically a mom and a housewife in the Tomasi & Gleason Superman book, which I do also agree with to an extent. You don't need to write her into these type of situations or give her powers to make her relevant or prove her worth. The people who criticize her for being a "damsel" aren't going to be convinced by these scenes anyways because they are relying on 50 year old stories and tropes to begin with.
    @bold disagree, lois was not written like that because of the criticism. She was written like that from the start of their run. Tomasi's lois was a badass resourcefull fighter.she took on the eradicator right in the first arc of the run. So her character was consistent. Tomasi's run just decided to not focus on journalism. Lois needs some stories where she is just being a badass.
    At the end of the day, superman is about action. Lois needs to be action heroine because of that. I would love to see more fights for lois.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    @bold disagree, lois was not written like that because of the criticism. She was written like that from the start of their run. Tomasi's lois was a badass resourcefull fighter.she took on the eradicator right in the first arc of the run. So her character was consistent. Tomasi's run just decided to not focus on journalism. Lois needs some stories where she is just being a badass.
    At the end of the day, superman is about action. Lois needs to be action heroine because of that. I would love to see more fights for lois.
    Lois is badass but she's not originally know for action. As an investigative journalist (who's a general's daughter), she may punch a few people every now and then, granted, but as you said Tomasi and Gleason barely featured her in her in that so it's not surprising that their run can be misinterpreted as a concerted attempt to power Lois in response to the complaints leveled at her character for being a "damsel". It would have been nice to have a balanced display of Lois in all her three roles of journo, wife and mother. It's what I'm hoping to get now that Bendis is in control of the Super books.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-22-2019 at 05:39 AM.

I’m a fan of Tomasi and Gleason’s run, but I think that their use of Lois was overall a weak point in an otherwise great period of Superman books. And I don’t mean to say it was all bad either, her actions in the Frankenstein arc and Black Dawn were great. She was smart, resourceful, and used her brains and skills to save herself and her friend. But they did get criticism for how they used her in the rest of the stories and it wasn’t completely unwarranted. I think in the beginning they were hamstrung by the Rebirth setup of “Lois Smith” and didn’t have much for her to do. So she was underused and kinda sidelined a little bit. Again, I don’t dislike the run and I think they have one of the best romantic portrayals of Lois & Clark the comics have managed in a long time. The love and support they had for each other and Jon made up for not utilizing Lois as much or how I would like.

I don’t think she needs to be turned into a special agent or whatnot to have a role in the books. There’s is a vast vast gulf of space between damsel in distress and full on action heroine. She’s resourceful, tough, brilliant, and knows her way around a gun given her past and her Dad’s influence, so she can and should be able to hold her own in most street level stories and other contexts, like she did in the Injustice 2 Annual, the Deathstroke fill in Superman, Frankenstein, Black Dawn, and Jurgens Action for the most part, especially the way she used her brains and connections to sneak in to save her father. But I don’t really want to see her turned into Black Widow or something to have a role. I think Bendis and Rucka are trying to balance that, Lois will be wielding a Thanagarian crossbow at some point in the near future, so she won’t be holed up in the hotel room that much longer. But Rucka will have a hard focus on her investigative reporting as well.

Lois was pretty awful in the Rebirth run. It was two extremes. She was either just the wife/mom (who didn't get a fraction of the characterization of being a mom that Clark did being a dad), and pretty irrelevant, or she was expertly fighting in a hi tech Batman suit and beating up Female Furies on Apokolips. The latter stuff could at least result in some cool art, but it was still ridiculous to the character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lois was pretty awful in the Rebirth run. It was two extremes. She was either just the wife/mom (who didn't get a fraction of the characterization of being a mom that Clark did being a dad), and pretty irrelevant, or she was expertly fighting in a hi tech Batman suit and beating up Female Furies on Apokolips. The latter stuff could at least result in some cool art, but it was still ridiculous to the character.
    I don't want to get this thread sidetracked,but how was it extreme?when she was home, she was a mom. When her son or herself was in trouble, she fought. When she had work to do, she left the kid with Clark or alone.

'just human' thing doesn't matter now. Because human in dc have been doing ridiculous things for decades. Only superman support cast is restricted by human card. I mean, we had batman kill Darkseid with a special bullet. So, this notion that lois, perry or jimmy(when he is human) shouldn't be able to fight monsters with help is ridiculous and restricting for the characters. Especially, when characters like Alfred, Gordon or any other human characters have been doing insane things for years.

DC has broken the rule that human should be restricted by human limitations long ago in their universe. So, it won't be a huge suspension of disbelief, if let's say a human cuts a mountain in half. Hey! Maybe it's just the anime guy in me. I am sure others may feel differently. But for me, it was genuinely cool seeing lois kicking ass and taking names. Lois fighting was one of coolest moments in the entire run for me.it didn't fee ridiculous at all.

Clark is superman. Jon is half kryptonion with wired powers. How can lois mentor him? She can only discipline him. Which she used to.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't want to get this thread sidetracked,but how was it extreme?when she was home, she was a mom. When her son or herself was in trouble, she fought. When she had work to do, she left the kid with Clark or alone.

'just human' thing doesn't matter now. Because human in dc have been doing ridiculous things for decades. Only superman support cast is restricted by human card. I mean, we had batman kill Darkseid with a special bullet. So, this notion that lois, perry or jimmy(when he is human) shouldn't be able to fight monsters with help is ridiculous and restricting for the characters. Especially, when characters like Alfred, Gordon or any other human characters have been doing insane things for years.

DC has broken the rule that human should be restricted by human limitations long ago in their universe. So, it won't be a huge suspension of disbelief, if let's say a human cuts a mountain in half. Hey! Maybe it's just the anime guy in me. I am sure others may feel differently. But for me, it was genuinely cool seeing lois kicking ass and taking names. Lois fighting was one of coolest moments in the entire run for me.it didn't fee ridiculous at all.

Clark is superman. Jon is half kryptonion with wired powers. How can lois mentor him? She can only discipline him. Which she used to.
    I would like see more Lois and Jon stuff.

Would be cool to see 10-year-old Jon accompanying Lois on a story for Bring-Your-Kid-to-Work Day or something. He helps his Dad with Superman stuff. I want to see him see his Mom's worlds.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I would like see more Lois and Jon stuff.

Would be cool to see 10-year-old Jon accompanying Lois on a story for Bring-Your-Kid-to-Work Day or something. He helps his Dad with Superman stuff. I want to see him see his Mom's worlds.
    I believe she did in one of the issues. I don't remember exactly.