Page 527 of 612 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9179
  1. #7891
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Also just to cover all my bases when it comes to this whole "is Jon not straight" thing, I remembered a few more things that could be read as clues.

    - In September of last year Bendis randomly tweeted this out with no context and cropped pretty specifically https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...94855031345152



    - In the Legion book Jon's mostly seen talking to two characters. Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5. And as we've come to learn, a relationship between Saturn Girl and Jon isn't going happen. But over with Brainy they've built up a bit of a back and forth. And if this is the "Ultimate" (as in Ultimate Spider-Man) take on the Legion like Bendis has said, then it stands to reason that this may be sort of riff on the Supergirl and Brainy romance?

    - And with the above picture some what influencing me, one could assume there's a possible romance in the future for Jon and Ultra Boy. Thematically Bendis is even kind of making them opposite numbers. Ultra Boy's dad holds great political power on his world and in the United Planets. Clark will soon be president of Earth and he currently holds power and sway in the United Planets. But where Ultra Boy came to the Legion almost in protest of his family, Jon came to the Legion in honor of his family.

    __________

    - Again, could totally be wrong. That picture Bendis posted could be there as a tease for possible animosity between Jon and Ultra Boy. Classically, Ultra Boy's dad and he come to the past mess with Superboy for some test. The "Ultimate" version of that could be that Ultra Boy's dad tries to get him to betray the Legion and Jon, having extensive experience with the worlds best dad and the worlds worst, steps in and that's the extent of it.

    - Brainiac 5 may end up being the future equivalent of Jon's Jimmy Olsen just like in the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon show rather than a love interest for Jon.

    Again, I'm just leaving all of this out here in the open as things that can be read a number of ways. If it sways you one way or the other, come to your own conclusions now, and then wait and see once Wednesday gets here.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  2. #7892
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Also just to cover all my bases when it comes to this whole "is Jon not straight" thing, I remembered a few more things that could be read as clues.
    Oh yeah, I remember someone (probably you?) sharing that and everyone trying to figure out what it meant.

    I would be down with Ultra Boy. Does he still have that stubble? I can't remember if he does in the current book.

    As for Naomi, yeah if her and Jon are gonna be a thing, Bendis is likely the best guy for the job. Not just because he's her co-creator and the one who built this new status quo for Jon, but because he's pulled this sort of thing off before. But still, I worry for Naomi's autonomy, just because I'm an old bastard fan who stopped trusting DC a long time ago.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  3. #7893
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I would be down with Ultra Boy. Does he still have that stubble? I can't remember if he does in the current book.
    Currnet Ultra Boy seems to be, my gut wants to say, Indian maybe. I'm pretty down with new look



    As for Naomi, yeah if her and Jon are gonna be a thing, Bendis is likely the best guy for the job. Not just because he's her co-creator and the one who built this new status quo for Jon, but because he's pulled this sort of thing off before. But still, I worry for Naomi's autonomy, just because I'm an old bastard fan who stopped trusting DC a long time ago.
    Yeah makes sense. I see where you're coming from.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  4. #7894

    Default

    The letter page for issue 3 set Dawnstar up as a fangirl of Earth's past. So that could be an interesting dynamic between her and Jon.

  5. #7895
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Currnet Ultra Boy seems to be, my gut wants to say, Indian maybe. I'm pretty down with new look
    A little too pretty but yeah, he does look good. My god, Jon-Superman being gay *and* dating a person of color? Fox News will call it an attack on the very soul of America! And Ultra Boy's brown, so obviously he's a terrorist too!

    I kinda want Ultra-Jon to happen just so those fools can entertain me with their ridiculous fact-less blathering.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  6. #7896
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Well, I guess we kind of have our answer for now. I may have missed something in the issue, but based on the the fact that Bendis told the person on twitter that they may feel differently about thinking that he's setting up Saturn Girl and Jon, I'd say it seems he said that because he's actually setting up Dawnstar and Jon.

    And on top of that, Bendis seems to be setting up Mon-El as Jon's descendant in the 31st century. That then begs the question: why isn't he wearing the house of El crest? Interestingly enough, "Mon-El" is his superhero name, and his real one is still Lar Gand. Did he do a 31st century version of 23 and me and find out he was a direct descendant of the House of El? Or is it just as simple as him not getting the last name El?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  7. #7897
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,738

    Default

    Pffft. Should've stuck with Valor. Infinitely better superhero name.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  8. #7898
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, I guess we kind of have our answer for now. I may have missed something in the issue, but based on the the fact that Bendis told the person on twitter that they may feel differently about thinking that he's setting up Saturn Girl and Jon, I'd say it seems he said that because he's actually setting up Dawnstar and Jon.

    And on top of that, Bendis seems to be setting up Mon-El as Jon's descendant in the 31st century. That then begs the question: why isn't he wearing the house of El crest? Interestingly enough, "Mon-El" is his superhero name, and his real one is still Lar Gand. Did he do a 31st century version of 23 and me and find out he was a direct descendant of the House of El? Or is it just as simple as him not getting the last name El?
    Yeah! I said the same thing in the issue discussion thread. I put it in spoilers. Anyways, i didn't realise damian's issues will be touched on in legion by bendis. I am glad something from supersons of tomorrow will be touched upon again. Its very interesting for me. You know the possibility of damian going rogue dictator and jon becoming nuclear.
    Also, it might tie back into doomsday clock 5G.A superman is supposed to search for bruce wayne's daughter to save bruce wayne's son.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2020 at 08:06 AM.

  9. #7899
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Pffft. Should've stuck with Valor. Infinitely better superhero name.
    Lol I've always liked the name Mon-El

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I said the same thing in the issue discussion thread. I put it in spoilers. Anyways, i didn't realise damian's issues will be touched on in legion by bendis. I am glad something from supersons of tomorrow will be touched upon again. Its very interesting for me. You know the possibility of damian going rogue dictator and jon becoming nuclear.
    Also, it might tie back into doomsday clock 5G.A superman is supposed to search for bruce wayne's daughter to save bruce wayne's son.
    Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff in issue 3. I don't know if Legion itself will continue to deal with the Damian thread, but I'm glad it started it up. For the longest time I've been wondering what Damian would do in 5G, so I'm really glad to hear he's gonna do more than just continuing to be Robin on the Teen Titans. And as far as the tease in Doomsday Clock goes, wasn't that said to be after Earth goes back to normal? Wasn't the Superman in question Clark because Manhattan was talking about Clark-Superman the whole time?

    In any case, I'm more intrigued by the things to come.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  10. #7900
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lol I've always liked the name Mon-El



    Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff in issue 3. I don't know if Legion itself will continue to deal with the Damian thread, but I'm glad it started it up. For the longest time I've been wondering what Damian would do in 5G, so I'm really glad to hear he's gonna do more than just continuing to be Robin on the Teen Titans. And as far as the tease in Doomsday Clock goes, wasn't that said to be after Earth goes back to normal? Wasn't the Superman in question Clark because Manhattan was talking about Clark-Superman the whole time?

    In any case, I'm more intrigued by the things to come.
    No, i am pretty sure it was under 5G.And who the superman is, isn't specified.
    "earth-5g is born. It is june 17th 2026,superman goes on a quest to find bruce wayne's daughter... So she can save bruce's son"
    this was a stricking sentence and a little too specific. Also, it feels naruto-esque. You know, two guys fighting and a girl being stuck in the middle. Here, bruce's daughter seems to be that. And as i said, damian and jon are effectively brothers like naruto and sasuke. It wouldn't be out of reach for either clark or jon to go on a quest to save him. It's a long form story telling with forshadowing. If it happens it would be manga-esque. Btw, jon is starting to show some personality again, i must admit.Clark could play the kakashi role.

  11. #7901
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, i am pretty sure it was under 5G.And who the superman is, isn't specified.
    "earth-5g is born. It is june 17th 2026,superman goes on a quest to find bruce wayne's daughter... So she can save bruce's son"
    Right but right there it says "Earth-5G is born" as in it's no longer the main Earth, and the Superman we're talking about is of the main Earth and main timeline. Remember, Doomsday Clock makes it explicitly clear that as time goes on the main Earth resets itself and gives birth to a new Earth that continues on before the split. That's why Earth-1985 is a thing.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  12. #7902
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Right but right there it says "Earth-5G is born" as in it's no longer the main Earth, and the Superman we're talking about is of the main Earth and main timeline. Remember, Doomsday Clock makes it explicitly clear that as time goes on the main Earth resets itself and gives birth to a new Earth that continues on before the split. That's why Earth-1985 is a thing.
    So, it's after the split occurs. But, the event. Does it occur on earth-5g or main earth?if its earth-5g then wouldn't jon be the superman?
    If its clark and main earth, then clark could be playing the kakashi role. Naruto and sasuke fight wouldn't have happened if kakashi had gotten there in time. So this could be one of those situations. Two guys who are like brothers aka damian-jon are fighting. Clark has to resolve things and save effectively his friends son or someone who has become family to him. It has all the elements of drama.

    Ofcourse, this is assuming jon won't get erased in the new prime earth. But, if damian exists. Then i believe jon will as well.

  13. #7903
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, it's after the split occurs. But, the event. Does it occur on earth-5g or main earth?if its earth-5g then wouldn't jon be the superman?
    The wording implies that the Superman Manhattan is and has been talking about is Clark. In that instance after the split, Manhattan then begins talking about the main Earth and is no longer talking about Earth-5G. Everything before he says "Earth-5G is born" is when he's talking about the main Earth when it's in 5G. It's confusingly written, but that's what it says.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  14. #7904
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    I'm unsure about where I land on the whole Mon-El thing in today's issue of Legion of Super-Heroes. On the one hand, it seems like Mon could be Jon's decedent from the 31st century. Triplicate Girl does seem to start to imply as much. And when Jon asks Mon who he is, Mon replies by saying "who do I look like."

    However, it did cross my mind that Mon-El could Conner's decedent. That would explain his choice in name (Mon-El. Kon-El), and that may even explain why he's not wearing the S shield. And maybe he's frustrated at Jon because his side of the family haven't been looked at as true "heirs" to the Superman name? It would make sense given the fact that he'd also be a Luthor. He looks almost Luthor-like when he's over there, arms crossed, explaining how he was the guy who knocked out Crav first. Post-Crisis Mon-El (as Valor) did work with Lex (with the red hair) right?

    It's hard to say, but chances seem to be very, very good that they're blood related in some way given the fact that Mon asks Jon who he looks like. But then again Triplicate Girl says "no. He's really sensitive. Which is funny because he's actually your--", and that doesn't read like the next thing she'll say is "your brother's descendant" or "your greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat (etc) grandnephew" or even "your family".

    It reads like the very next thing she'll say is "your descendant." But maybe that would be too easy? But even if it were that, the real story would be why he's so short with Jon? Over in the group shot when Jon arrives Mon seems to be just as pleased as everyone else, and he knows that the Legion that he's part of was formed because of Jon.

    Maybe he's disappointed with Jon being a fairly normal and sort of irresponsible kid (he did go off on him after Saturn Girl realized that Jon brought Damian to the future) because all Mon's know is the legend?

    And we also know that eventually Jon gets a new suit that looks identical to Mon-El's, so what does that mean for their interactions? Does he give Jon the suit? Is it a Legion issued suit, and Mon protests.

    I wanna say that it's maybe possible that eventually Mon-El will become the Superman of the 31st century.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  15. #7905
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    JON AND DAMIAN ARE BROTHERS.
    Well I'm sorry but that's is merely your point of view, they are neither blood related, adopted or were raised together and to instist so strongly despite it all is a matter of conflation and nothing more. Your not under any obligation to like Jondami but you can't paint those who do as being "idiots" or "revolting" because they don't share your perception of their relationship because the simple fact of the matter is they're not brothers and they themselves clearly don't see them as such.

    Here the thing I actually didn't call anyone homophpbic, I did however give a rather thorough breakdown of why the language being used was bordering on it and why people having such a vitriol take on some harmless fan ship about two (unrelated) boys had some very unfortunate impliciations to it (that they might not be fully aware of) and that it might be helpful for them to stop, examine and reflect on why that is.

    Someone mentioned Nobody/Maya Ducard a girl who literally describes herself as Damian "sister" but I'd imagine if a discussion about shippers of the two or a potential romance between them came up extreme words like "disgusting" "sick" "revolting" "gross" from people who simply didn't care for the idea wouldn't be something we'd be discussing right now (though I guess some shippers of a opposing pair can get a bit extreme).

    And yes I'm aware of Olsen I was just hoping against hope you were referring to a diffrent Jimmy because Christ you've ran this false equivalence about incest into the ground now your wanting to start a comparsion that has pedophilic implications to it?

    Do you not see the optics of this, a gay person comes onto a thread, sees a bunch flammatory language being thrown at a gay pairing, tries to point out why that's a problem and gets a bunch wild takes about incest and now apparently paedophilia, you all seem to pride yourself on how super unhomophobic you are yet don't seem intrested in actually hearing a gay person perspective and don't get why making those disgusting comparsions (which have been used in real life to demonize gay people) might be most apporopriate ground to build your argument on.

    Like I said wasn't expecting the most nuanced take but again... Yikes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •