Page 612 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 9194
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think you should. At the very least it would informative for fans.
    I probably will whenever I find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Can't say i agree!! I think it's refreshing that superman a family man!! I think it's pitful that writers only want to write about characters that are drunks, jump from bed to bed or drug user.
    But you can be a family with more to you than JUST being a family man. Like why do you think the writers went through the Herculean effort of resurrecting his adoptive parents twice? Something that he never needed until a certain point in time?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

My interest in the Leone thing is gone if it has anything to do with Jon. Would it be that hard to make one reveal before the end not about him? Everything must track back to Jon? If it does its just a final example of my number one issue with this entire run. Jesus, my number one problem with the past 4 friggin years.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-19-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Man the discussion surrounding Post-Crisis Superman is just always the same damn things marriage this, marriage that, Jon this/Jon that, Kents this/Kents that. There's basically nothing to talk about with this guy because he doesn't do anything. No imagination, no sense of fun, no nothing. Pitiful. Is there ANYTHING else to talk about with this guy, like anything at all?
    I hate to tell you man, but that kind of arguing over continuity is the norm. Spider-Man fans are still to this day arguing over the marriage and whether it should come back. As for Clark himself there were lots of arguments over whether he should reveal his secret identity or not. The current incarnation isn’t really the John Byrne Superman, and hasn’t been for a long time. Our current setup is more like the Busiek/Johns Post-Infinite Crisis guy. Just like how the Pre-Crisis version could be divided into different “Ages” I consider there to be two Post-Crisis versions: Byrne and Johns/Busiek.

The argument over the costume is really an argument about the character’s core: is he outdated or not and if he is, what kind of revamp does he need?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Can't say i agree!! I think it's refreshing that superman a family man!! I think it's pitful that writers only want to write about characters that are drunks, jump from bed to bed or drug user.
    There are a wealth of options between family man and drug abusing drunkards.

Batman is actually the family man. But he's the worst father ever now and Superman is the bland dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hate to tell you man, but that kind of arguing over continuity is the norm. Spider-Man fans are still to this day arguing over the marriage and whether it should come back. As for Clark himself there were lots of arguments over whether he should reveal his secret identity or not. The current incarnation isn’t really the John Byrne Superman, and hasn’t been for a long time. Our current setup is more like the Busiek/Johns Post-Infinite Crisis guy. Just like how the Pre-Crisis version could be divided into different “Ages” I consider there to be two Post-Crisis versions: Byrne and Johns/Busiek.

The argument over the costume is really an argument about the character’s core: is he outdated or not and if he is, what kind of revamp does he need?
    Speakinf of that, how do you feel about feel about Bendis revealing Clark's identity, i still don't know what to think of it personally. I feel that there should be more to it, but we aren't quite getting it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Speakinf of that, how do you feel about feel about Bendis revealing Clark's identity, i still don't know what to think of it personally. I feel that there should be more to it, but we aren't quite getting it.
    I’m fine with it but I don’t expect it to last. The one thing I hope doesn’t get undone is Superman founding the United Planets. That’s the most proactive he’s been in freaking ever and it’s the type of “feat” I actually care about. Furthermore it’s the type of thing only Superman could do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My interest in the Leone thing is gone if it has anything to do with Jon. Would it be that hard to make one reveal before the end not about him? Everything must track back to Jon? If it does its just a final example of my number one issue with this entire run. Jesus, my number one problem with the past 4 friggin years.
    It's easier for any writers to write everything in Superman related stuff to Jon, because Jon is a popular addition that is adored by many fans. Unlike his bland old man who is the sidekick to Batman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m fine with it but I don’t expect it to last. The one thing I hope doesn’t get undone is Superman founding the United Planets. That’s the most proactive he’s been in freaking ever and it’s the type of “feat” I actually care about. Furthermore it’s the type of thing only Superman could do.
    My nitpick is that superman founding united planets is not mentioned in rest of dc titles like jl. so that it actually feels like a huge feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I am postive this has something to do with jon. Because otherwise earth-3 plot point wouldn't have been touched up on as Bendis's run is coming to an end no less. But, what capacity remains to be seen. There is scene in the intial earth-3 where jon expects clark to save him. But, it never happens. Instead, superbad shows up and takes him.If you hate it being linked to jon, expect it going in.it wouldn't irritate you more than it already is.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-19-2020 at 09:23 PM.

I understand that Jon went to Earth-3. Not really seeing why that means Leone and her state of affairs has to link back specifically to Jon just because he went there before. If something about revisiting the place is utilized to de-age him or something along the way fine. But there's no reason that Leone in of herself has to link to him. That's what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-19-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's not just that jon went to earth-3 like he went to bizarro world or apocalypse . that was a major turning point in Bendis's run. Now, all of a sudden rogal zarr might be showing up in legion(i remember seeing it) , allusion to teen jon doing something in last issue.. Etc. It can all just wrap up with a nice clean bow on the top.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-19-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Many writers like to connect the ending of their run to something that happened earlier to basically "wrap it up".

Edit: For example Super Sons starts and ends with Kid Amazo for no specific reason. Or how Seeley's Nightwing run starts and ends with Raptor.

why is his tenure ending already? I figured he'd try to stay for 10 years on superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why is his tenure ending already? I figured he'd try to stay for 10 years on superman.
    I assume, because he's already made everything he's been planning for Clark, and he was supposed to write Jon as Superman next year as a part of 5G. 5G plans was scrapped, just as his original plans for it. That's why they're moving him to another title.
    And also majority doesn't seem to like his run and decisions he's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    DC is in a lot of flux right now so I don’t think we’ll ever know the specifics. It seems like he’s leaving because he was offered something he couldn’t turn down, probably Justice League.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The things New 52 Superman had in his Fortress dwarfed All Star Superman by far. All Star Superman Fortress was a cave, full of the things he gathered over the years, while New 52 was the kryptonian crystal one, with the entire knowledge from Krypton. So who was the most selfish?
    Why would Kal (New-52 Supes) give that all that alien tech to us? We'd just end up using all that stuff to start both WWIII and WWIV.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.