Page 427 of 613 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 9194

I just want to know why the Legion trio are rocking the same haircut that just happens to be styled differently.

Outside of that I am very excited about this issue.

Jon's definitely leaving again. I would argue it might not even be a back-and-forth for a while. It might, in the beginning, feel like a permanent arrangement. He might be in all issues thereafter via changes of focus between Superman in the present day and the Legion in the future, with the plots being connected.

I figure this will also be when the problems between Lois and Clark start. She's harboring a secret via Lex, he let their son leave again. Gonna be some fuedin'.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I doubt the "feuding" will amount to anything serious other than parents having to learn the difficult task of letting their child grow up.

Its not going to amount to divorce or anything, if that's the definition of serious, but I do think it'll cause problems and it only makes sense. That comes with turmoil of this kind, and secret-keeping.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I just want to know why the Legion trio are rocking the same haircut that just happens to be styled differently.

Outside of that I am very excited about this issue.
    Duplicating that haircut is just no.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jon's definitely leaving again. I would argue it might not even be a back-and-forth for a while. It might, in the beginning, feel like a permanent arrangement. He might be in all issues thereafter via changes of focus between Superman in the present day and the Legion in the future, with the plots being connected.

I figure this will also be when the problems between Lois and Clark start. She's harboring a secret via Lex, he let their son leave again. Gonna be some fuedin'.
    I'm gonna respectfully disagree. Why would Bendis have cutaways to Legion stories all the time going forward when he has an actual Legion book that Jon would be a part of? Makes more sense that Superman would be the time Jon spends at home. Makes the most sense if he's going to be in every issue of Superman going forward AND in a Legion book, no?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-14-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

If Jon did spend time with the Legion, why does that mean leaving home? He could go spend a month doing Legion stuff and then return to the 21st century one minute after he left it, so there's no need for him to be absent from the Kents' home life.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    If Jon did spend time with the Legion, why does that mean leaving home? He could go spend a month doing Legion stuff and then return to the 21st century one minute after he left it, so there's no need for him to be absent from the Kents' home life.
    Yeah, it's literally what Clark did as a kid. Bendis being such a big fan of all things Legion, I have to imagine is going in this direction. It mirrors what he's doing with Lois. She's all the way in Chicago, yeah, but, as shown in the Superman Leviathan special, for Clark that like walking into the next room of their apartment. So, for Jon, yeah his new job in community service is in the far future, but it's time travel, so he can be back whenever. I've been subtly noticing a greater push for expediency and convenience in how Bendis writes the Superman characters. As stated before, Clark goes from Metropolis to Chicago in a blink, and can see and hear all the way back there no problem. Plus he's able to perfectly monitor Sam Lane in the hospital from the Bermuda Triangle and London with no issue at all. And now Jon can literally teleport himself anywhere in the galaxy and back via his new suit.

Plus, as far as I've seen, Bendis always opts for the continued home life stuff. Miles could've just gone to boarding school and had very little to do with his parents outside of an occasional appearance, but Bendis deliberately set the rule that Miles has to be home every weekend, and he made his home life and parents and active part of Miles' life.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Like others have said, it's not impossible for Jon to go with the LoS and still be in Superman since the two don't happen in the same time frame, similarly to Clark when he was younger. If I look at Tomasi and his Super Sons, Jon went on his wild adventures, battling villains and came home every night, there was always a safety net to those adventures and I think the LoS may feel like removing that safety net for Lois and Clark, especially after Jon's last space adventure with his Grandpa took turn and he ended up being imprisoned in a volcano for several years. There's going to be drama but not the conflict kind, that sounds more like the secret Lois is keeping regarding what Lex has revealed to her. The Jon situation puts them both in the same corner as they deal with him growing up and being "his own man" as Jor-El said, compared to what's happening with Lois and the Lex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm gonna respectfully disagree. Why would Bendis have cutaways to Legion stories all the time going forward when he has an actual Legion book that Jon would be a part of? Makes more sense that Superman would be the time Jon spends at home. Makes the most sense if he's going to be in every issue of Superman going forward AND in a Legion book, no?
    I dunno, I just think its as much a possibility as anything else. It just wouldn't really make sense to me why it would be that big a deal if Jon could just hop back and forth no problem. If its that easy, I don't see it being that big a deal, as Superman jaunted back and forth all the time as a kid. Unless the solicit is just really exaggerating (and granted that can and does happen), to me there has to be more to it than that in regards to why they want him, if its indeed him they want. Again, putting aside the possibility of hyperbolic solicitation for a moment.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-14-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, I just think its as much a possibility as anything else. Doesn't really make sense why it would be that big a deal if Jon could just hop back and forth no problem. There has to be more to it than that.
    Well, think about it: just last issue of Superman (12) Clark couldn't even fully get behind Jon going off with Kara and Krypto in a suit that literally teleports the boy anywhere in the galaxy. Plus, this is coming off Jon literally *just* getting back from a trip through time where Clark lost years with his son. The prospect of Jon going off again into time and space is probably high as hell on Clark's anxiety scale.

I imagine that's gonna lead Clark and Lois (similar to Miles' mom and dad) to set the hard rule of "be back in this century every few days, or I'm dragging you narrow behind back home in front of all your little future friends, young man." It's basically a compromise built on their recent experience with time travel.

Astonishing Member

I think one would have to look at how they have dealt with Jon's aging up as a guide to how they would deal with the LoS making an offer to Jon. We've discussed how both Lois and Clark have made several bad decisions from the moment Jor-El showed up in their home offering to take Jon on a space adventure. That situation was fodder for shift blaming but Lois and Clark were a united front in the face of a huge disaster. They are blaming Jor without any residual tension between them. The LoS are basically repeating the events of MoS but with a different motive. On the surface it seems like another opportunity for tension to build but I seriously doubt it. I don't think Bendis wants to present the Super family fractured on an emotional level (except perhaps between Kal and his father and Lois and hers). They may be physically apart but they are still as close as if the space between them was paper thin.

This is what Bendis said in the Newsrama article that contained the Superman #15 solicitation and cover:

"They have come here for a reason, and that reason is because of something that happened in the Superman family. And that is all going to be revealed on page," Bendis tells Newsarama. "I know a lot of people are wondering what their connection is to the story. I’ve been teasing almost to the point of cruelty on Twitter about this."

Source

* Clark and Zod's visions.

* World peace.

* Legion shown in those visions.

* Superman family considered royalty.

* Jor-El's other son.

* Martian Manhunter suggests to take over the world.

House of M.........House of EL....

Astonishing Member

I don't read X-Men so I don't get the reference.