Page 189 of 613 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    But if Lois is back so fast, why didn’t she come back to Clark? All of this will be answered in the pages of Action Comics.
    Seperation confirmed.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well damn, there go the air raid sirens. Everything he's saying regarding Action #1004 suggests that'll be a very temporary state of affairs - it's not like she left mad at him, and I can't imagine her finding anything in space to change that - but that ain't gonna matter in the short term in the slightest. I mean heck, the main couple separated for reasons that are distinctly more than meets the eye where they quickly get back together once the situation's resolved is how he opened the last volume of Jessica Jones (but she's distinctly his, so I suppose he gets extra slack there).
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The way I look at it is we're not even out of act 1 of the story yet (these next two issues will just about do it, I think). We literally just finished the prologue and the first bits of act 1. According to most modern storytelling conventions, we've only just left the inciting incident.

Edit: what DOT said

And, if it does anything to give anyone any ease, his 2016 Jessica Jones opened act one with Jessica and Luke estranged. And things looked very bad while devoid of the context of the unfolded plot. But once the context was added you got why it actually had to be that way within the internal logic of the story, and did not reflect how Jessica actually felt about Luke. Shortly after, Jessica and Luke are together again for the duration of his run and very supportive of one another. That's just an example.

I'm very much down for the mystery. My only hard ask is that Lois' POV be on display here, and luckily that sounds like what's on the menu. Remember, we're not even out of act 1 yet....
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-10-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If Jor-El is going to be around, I'd much rather he be a protagonist, but since the whole "Grandpa is crazy" thing came up, maybe Lois is being blackmailed to stay away from Clark for some reason?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I wish people could stop panicking before we actually see the story actually be told. We are just in prologue at this point. I'm going to state the following...and if I'm wrong I will give a profuse apology...

BENDIS IS NOT DIVORCING OR PERMANENTLY SEPARATING LOIS AND CLARK!!!
    Relax. Take a deep breath.

It'll be fine.

If that was indeed ever the plan, which I doubt, I will bet my entire Superman collection that after the universal blowback over the fustercluck that is Batman #50, breaking up the Super marriage after swearing it isn't happening multiple times is no longer on the agenda. If it is...then DC deserves to go out of business.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Jor-El is going to be around, I'd much rather he be a protagonist, but since the whole "Grandpa is crazy" thing came up, maybe Lois is being blackmailed to stay away from Clark for some reason?
    There's no way for me to speak for sure on it, but I'm not completely getting a malevolent vibe from Bendis' words regarding Jor-El here. Is Bendis making it super clear that Jor-El is not a great person in the slightest? For sure. Can his ideals and goals put him at odds with Clark and his family? For sure.

But then Bendis says "annoying grandfather who doesn’t listen to what his son says" and "pain in the a$$" and it I suddenly don't think final boss. It still sounds like he's describing a dick father that Clark has to put up with and get really frustrated with.

And I'm reminded that the term antagonist has no inherent morality alignment. It just means he wants something at odds with the protagonist, right?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-10-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He also mentions in the last half-hour that stuff from his Superman run will connect to Doomsday Clock.
    This is great, people were starting to use the hearsay about using elements like the Legion ahead of schedule as potential proof that the event was going to be ignored or shuffled off into it's own canon or something. Bendis tying into it gives his year-long story more of a concrete destination and, yes, assures us Lois and Clark will make it out of this current situation, now we have to learn how.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I wish people could stop panicking before we actually see the story actually be told. We are just in prologue at this point. I'm going to state the following...and if I'm wrong I will give a profuse apology...

BENDIS IS NOT DIVORCING OR PERMANENTLY SEPARATING LOIS AND CLARK!!!
    Relax. Take a deep breath.

It'll be fine.

If that was indeed ever the plan, which I doubt, I will bet my entire Superman collection that after the universal blowback over the fustercluck that is Batman #50, breaking up the Super marriage after swearing it isn't happening multiple times is no longer on the agenda. If it is...then DC deserves to go out of business.
    Just in case though, can I forward you my mailing address?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Just in case though, can I forward you my mailing address?
    You can. However i will just come here and apologize. In fact i will start my own thread called "i manofsteel1979 made the mistake of assuming DC Comics isn't run by self destructive idiots and I'm sorry." I will change my signature to simply " I was wrong. Let's storm the bastille."

But I'm 99.9% sure Lois and Clark are not getting divorced during Bendis' run.

As for my collection, if im wrong and if you can drive down to Virginia and haul it away, itll be yours
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-10-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I want Jor-El to be the protagonist, nothing even remotely villainish. His being "crazy" is only acceptable due to what's happened to him in the time he's been "dead" and his craziness must then be portrayed as a quirk, like how we all have some relative that's a little off but we love and they love us in return. Clark can be concerned about having Jor-El back in his life full time, but he should never worry about Jor-El purposefully hurting him or his family in any way. I don't want Jor plotting against his son to ruin/destroy him in any shape or form. That's unacceptable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The way I look at it is we're not even out of act 1 of the story yet (these next two issues will just about do it, I think). We literally just finished the prologue and the first bits of act 1. According to most modern storytelling conventions, we've only just left the inciting incident.

Edit: what DOT said

And, if it does anything to give anyone any ease, his 2016 Jessica Jones opened act one with Jessica and Luke estranged. And things looked very bad while devoid of the context of the unfolded plot. But once the context was added you got why it actually had to be that way within the internal logic of the story, and did not reflect how Jessica actually felt about Luke. Shortly after, Jessica and Luke are together again for the duration of his run and very supportive of one another. That's just an example.

I'm very much down for the mystery. My only hard ask is that Lois' POV be on display here, and luckily that sounds like what's on the menu. Remember, we're not even out of act 1 yet....
    I want this as well so I'm not panicking unnecessarily. This story is only beginning and I'm willing to give Bendis some room to tell his story.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-10-2018 at 04:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It'll be fine.
    That's what Bendis said the family will be by the year's end too...that and "the good guy will win"

To clarify where the concerns are coming from, at least for my part and maybe others' (although I won't presume to speak for them), it's not enough or okay to say that Lois won't be dead or Lois and Clark won't be divorced or separated for awhile, and to use the fact that this is one part of a longer story to reassure when the problem isn't any of those things per se. The problem isn't a status update of where Lois and Clark are or when that status will change. It's the storytelling mechanics and the quality of the storytelling. There are much better ways to have Lois, Lois and Clark, and their whole family with Jon, tackle some of these issues or encounter stress than this contrived and stupid Jor-El plot. In a way, it's even worse when people try to placate concerned fans by talking about how it will all be over and things will be good as new so quickly, because then what what was the point?
    Last edited by misslane; 07-10-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis literally said Lois will get a lot of spotlight in Action, she'll be starring in at least 2 issues(1004 & 1005.) She'll at least have small appearances in 1001-1003.. we see her in a flashback in Superman 1. Bendis has said nothing but positive things about her in the two new interviews.

I honestly don't know what else Bendis could say that could alleviate fears. But I guess people just want to complain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis literally said Lois will get a lot of spotlight in Action, she'll be starring in at least 2 issues(1004 & 1005.) She'll at least have small appearances in 1001-1003.. we see her in a flashback in Superman 1. Bendis has said nothing but positive things about her in the two new interviews.

I honestly don't know what else Bendis could say that could alleviate fears. But I guess people just want to complain.
    My major concern isn't Lois' long-term status or health, it's the relationship with Clark taking a hit. I know Bendis has said positive things about it also, but the mystery about it has unnerved people. They don't know how to feel...scared, relieved, or both

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Spotlight isn't explicitly good. Lois got spotlight in the TRUTH arc, and it wasn't favorable. When people care about characters, they care about the quality of the characterization, not the quantity. I don't recall anything super positive about Lois other than she will exist (not dead) and will be present (be a part of the story). As far as I know, she's separated from her family, fired from her job, and writing a book, and that some of those things will be temporary. Concerns are about the reasons and the methods of getting Lois from point A to point B in this story, which means knowing that she will have page time and knowing that things may turn out okay don't really address the core worry some have.