Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
Jon aspires to be like his dad and that also includes doing what he believes is right based on how his parents brought him up. In his first SS arc he was sneaking out with Damian but there was a point where he did something because it was the right thing to do, like going back for the sister when they were under heavy attack, if my memory serves me right. This aged up Jon isn't doing anything that his young version hasn't done before. The difference is that we are super analysing every single shot/word bubble since he showed up compared to his younger counterpart, whom we let live his (sometimes questionable) life without judgement.

As for Clark and Jor-El, we should be getting some answers soon, whether they satisfy you or not.
I never said jon doesn't do right thing.the first supersons issue jon stood upto bullies because it was the right thing.
I said when he decides to wear the superboy costume and go out its primarily to have an adventure. that's why he seeks out damian.Going on adventure alone is boring. Having someone the same age and who shares your secret with you is better than going it alone. I believe, some of the robins and batgirls did become superheroes for the thrill of it. Doesn't mean they didn't believe in doing right thing or they don't do the right thing.
So, if this adult jon decides to go to space again. it should be to have an adventure, not for jor el(atleast not main reason ) . Atleast, if he was the same kid as before and hasn't changed . The action itself is not my problem, but his motivation is what i don't understand or clear to me . If it was just jor el,kid jon would have easily let clark handle it and wouldn't go. I mean, as you said clark is the authority/father figure, jon has shown no problem obeying authority figures in his life.
People are saying adult jon decided to go to space again for jor el. Fine. Then adult Jon's motivations have changed(whether it be" doing the right thing" or relationship with jor el, currently) and he is not the same character anymore. I am complaining that we didn't get the connective tissues of this change and whatever we got was rushed and not clear. You are right. I might be super analysing. It's because i just don't get this adult jon because of the rushed changes.i can't relate to him. He feels hollow and like a shell for some reason .a caricature.