Page 219 of 613 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 9194

I think I'm going to trade wait these books now. The decompression in Action is too much for me and my lack of interest in the main bad in Superman isn't helping either. I'm not saying these are bad, but... I dunno.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I think I'm going to trade wait these books now. The decompression in Action is too much for me and my lack of interest in the main bad in Superman isn't helping either. I'm not saying these are bad, but... I dunno.
    I’m very curious to see how he does in trades. Rebirth Superman didn’t sell that well in trades from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm loving what Bendis is doing so far.
    Dude, right?

This has been some of the most "Superman" comics I've read in a long time. I feel like it's got the kind of personality I miss from the Triangle era, but I'm also getting the pre-Crisis scope and imagination that I demand from a proper Superman. Rogal Zaar is boring as hell but so what? Bendis nails Clark's voice in a way a lot of writers don't, and even if I don't agree with all his choices (and I don't) you can't deny this is coming from a place of respect and love on Bendis' part. And the art? Hot damn, Clark rarely gets the bottom of the artistic barrel but I feel like we've been totally spoiled with artists since Bendis rolled up. Reis on a solid long run doing personal drama as well as big sci-fi ridiculousness? This is the stuff that dreams are made out of.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm loving what Bendis is doing so far. His run is a breath of fresh air after two years of reading the adventures of Jon feat. Superdad.
    Is that a legitmate complaint of the Tomasi/Jurgens era? I always thought Superman was the protagonist in that era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dude, right?

This has been some of the most "Superman" comics I've read in a long time. I feel like it's got the kind of personality I miss from the Triangle era, but I'm also getting the pre-Crisis scope and imagination that I demand from a proper Superman. Rogal Zaar is boring as hell but so what? Bendis nails Clark's voice in a way a lot of writers don't, and even if I don't agree with all his choices (and I don't) you can't deny this is coming from a place of respect and love on Bendis' part. And the art? Hot damn, Clark rarely gets the bottom of the artistic barrel but I feel like we've been totally spoiled with artists since Bendis rolled up. Reis on a solid long run doing personal drama as well as big sci-fi ridiculousness? This is the stuff that dreams are made out of.
    To be fair, Rogol doesn't have to be an interesting, complex villain; he just has to set up conflict so that our boy Clark can save the day. Superman is my favorite literary character and I'm not ashamed to admit Bendis has been knocking it out of the park. Despite the interesting story and world building in Action Comics, I still think Superman is the stronger of the two books, because that book delves deeper into Superman's thoughts and portrays him as more than just a vanilla goody-two-shoes. It's been three months and I'm still excited for more Superman stories in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Is that a legitmate complaint of the Tomasi/Jurgens era? I always thought Superman was the protagonist in that era.
    Well, there's two things here that, I think, are the reasons why Jon's involvement gets blown out of proportion like that.

First, we've never really had to share Clark's page time with a proper sidekick (at least in the modern era). Kara and Conner and John Henry and Jimmy.....they're either in their own books or play minor roles in Clark's. But Jon is far closer to a "Robin" or a "Kid Flash" than those guys and that requires more panel time. So that was an adjustment.

And Tomasi was bringing Jon into the DCU proper. There was a lot of foundation to lay out, so Jon *did* get a big role in a lot of arcs. He didn't hit "star of the show" levels like some people (myself included when I'm being snarky) claim. But he did warrant being called a "co-star" a lot of the time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m very curious to see how he does in trades. Rebirth Superman didn’t sell that well in trades from what I recall.
    The work often reads better when all joined up. I make a habit of re-reading the monthly stuff in one go with each successive instalment, and everything just rattles along. Especially with Action.

Confirmed: Vic Sage is Back, Action #1005, Quote Taken from his Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Michael Bendis View Post
    Everyone was so amazing about action comics 1003 yesterday, I feel compelled to share this sneak preview of action comics 1005. Yeah, that’s the question by Ryan sook #thequestion…
    4B076AFF-2A57-4FBA-BCE2-B390C425DD95.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dude, right?

I'm loving this run so far too. I've thought Superman in general has been solid since REBIRTH, but since Bendis it feels like it all kicked up a notch. Jurgens and Tomasi built a solid foundation for Bendis and so far he's mostly kept his promise not to ignore or negate what they did. If you all haven't noticed I've been quiet here of late, and that's pretty much because I have very little to complain about in the comics themselves! If only they could get Supes film and TV presence sorted, we'd be set.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm loving this run so far too. I've thought Superman in general has been solid since REBIRTH, but since Bendis it feels like it all kicked up a notch. Jurgens and Tomasi built a solid foundation for Bendis and so far he's mostly kept his promise not to ignore or negate what they did. If you all haven't noticed I've been quiet here of late, and that's pretty much because I have very little to complain about in the comics themselves! If only they could get Supes film and TV presence sorted, we'd be set.
    I still get a little worried. Issue 1003 is set after the big relationship-defining 1004, a story Bendis says reaffirms Lois and Clark and what they mean to each other..and Clark happens to try and confide in Jimmy slightly more gloomier than before.

I'm a little cautious, I'm always going to be, because I just feel DC want to take the Super-family into a dark place like they're doing with everyone else, even if their love prevails above all others. I kind of liked that we had so many stable relationships in Rebirth, and they're all, piece by piece, being chipped away. Bendis I trust and don't question, but he has people he answers to and I don't have the same level of faith in them.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-27-2018 at 09:19 AM.

It could be a "we love each other but have to be apart right now for reasons" type of thing. They're not broken up, they're not divorced, they've not fallen out of love, but they can't be together in the most literal sense right now. Duty calls and all that. I'm imagining that's why he was down upon getting back to the Planet before he was poisoned.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Yeah, and the thing is, with Lois meeting with Lex, we don't know if she'll withhold that information from Clark or not, which leads to more trust issues despite the love they have. I'm worried they're setting things up for Doomsday Clock, where we know Clark is stripped of his hope...only way that can happen is if Lois turns on him or is stricken with some kind of illness that leaves her at death's door (which was teased in "Black Dawn", and Ozymandius has given people cancer before as I was reminded in the 'Clock thread)

I know 'Clock is Geoff's baby and not Bendis's, and I know it's said to be self-contained, I just can't shake my bad vibes at the moment. I'll rest easy when Bendis' interviews about the family becoming a crown jewel for the DC universe manifest by the end of the year long story.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Clark is stripped of his hope...only way that can happen is if Lois turns on him or is stricken with some kind of illness that leaves her at death's door
    Or the horrifying realization that his whole world and everyone in it have been made the playthings of an apathetic, naked, blue man with nearly infinite power, and said blue dude has knowingly been killing people and reshaping history while maybe even calling into question free will as a concept.

Examples that could directly relate to Clark: the killing of his parents in issue 1. Having the very real ability to unmake all the meaningful moments in Clark's life up to this point. Taking the DC Earth all the way to the brink of destruction, killing millions in a WWIII-like situation ((including his family naturally) likely using Adrian "saving" this Earth too as the domino facilitator and bringing about the same war he started on his Earth), and having Clark left as the last invulnerable man standing, thus bringing to life one of his greatest fears: outliving everyone and everything.

Pretty sure that'd make Superman wanna punch the sh!t out of the Doc, or scare said sh!t out of him to such a degree that he unmakes the universe.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Oh for God's sake. Bendis is not killing Lois. Lois is not getting cancer. Lois and Clark are not going to divorce. There are literally zero reasons to think that Bendis is going to write something along these lines, there were zero hints to assume that at the beginning of his run and there have been zero reasons up to now. No offense meant to anyone, but the paranoia level in every Bendis-related thread is getting ridiculous at this point.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Oh for God's sake. Bendis is not killing Lois. Lois is not getting cancer. Lois and Clark are not going to divorce. There are literally zero reasons to think that Bendis is going to write something along these lines, there were zero hints to assume that at the beginning of his run and there have been zero reasons up to now. No offense meant to anyone, but the paranoia level in every Bendis-related thread is getting ridiculous at this point.
    If you read my post, you'll find I wasn't worried that Bendis specifically would end the marriage, but that Geoff would, but I feel better just sharing my fears with you guys and you lot coming through with more boundless optimism, so cheers for that.

Clark and Lois pop up in Doomsday Clock still alive and together, so I wouldn’t worry.