Page 75 of 613 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty sloppy and professional, but apart from the lack of proofreading it reads legitimately enough. Even if it's a prank, I could see bendis doing/believing all of this.
    That's the point. That's the aim. You wouldn't go through the trouble of a prank like this an not make the actual words believable. Dolores is a capable writer, follows all the news as it comes out (even post sourced links), is currently reading some older Bendis stuff in prep for the Superman stuff, and this is well within their abilities.

Hats off Dolores for the prank, but the hand was shown with that info about Lois getting a solo by a new female Image talent, and Dolores having no reaction in input even though this is way up Dolores' alley. It's like me posting a link that says Grant Morrison is coming on to write a 12 issue in continuity Superman Squad comic that makes use of everyone from Superman and Secundus to Kal Kent, and me just saying "hey, check this out."

You not slick, Dolores lol

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    To be fair, even this site has articles full of grammatical errors.
    True, but not usually to the extent seen in the link, and I don't really know many sites that would use that sort of entry level Photoshop (no disrespect to D. Still mad convincing lol). That becomes especially strange when DC put out two new images from Man Of Steel that anyone can get and use. They'd be more relevant than most of the pictures used in the interview, so their not being there is odd.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's the point. That's the aim. You wouldn't go through the trouble of a prank like this an not make the actual words believable. Dolores is a capable writer, follows all the news as it comes out (even post sourced links), is currently reading some older Bendis stuff in prep for the Superman stuff, and this is well within their abilities.

Hats off Dolores for the prank, but the hand was shown with that info about Lois getting a solo by a new female Image talent, and Dolores having no reaction in input even though this is way up Dolores' alley. It's like me posting a link that says Grant Morrison is coming on to write a 12 issue in continuity Superman Squad comic that makes use of everyone from Superman and Secundus to Kal Kent, and be just saying "hey, check this out."

You not slick, Dolores lol

True, but not usually to the extent seen in the link, and I don't really know many sites that would use that sort of entry level Photoshop (no disrespect to D. Still mad convincing lol). That becomes especially strange when DC put out two new images from Man Of Steel that anyone can get and use. They'd be more relevant than most of the pictures used in the interview, so their not being there is odd.

Here is the issue: the fact that it's as convincing as it is (if it is indeed fake) speaks to why it's been dangerous from the beginning that Bendis allowed both Lois and the marriage to become a point of controversy.

When you use a female character as a point of controversy (something that DC has repeatedly done to Lois over the years including the new 52, Truth etc) it becomes easier to believe these kinds of things.

Whether this is a hoax or real, the problem remains that writers literally never seem to have plans for Lois unless she's used as a point of controversy. That's concerning mainly because, ultimately, female characters shouldn't be used as "suspense" like this. Suspense and anticipation for a book should be about what great new villains might wreak havoc and what new adventures are going to happen to the characters. But a female character getting tossed out of her own books/removed from her family isn't good "suspense." It's the kind of suspense that can cause fans (especially female fans) legitimately anxiety.

So whether it's fake or not, the fact that this is even believable is kind of an issue, no?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

You underestimate the evolution of Dolores' pranks.
    I underestimate the number of things people would consider an evolution.

Bendis has already mentioned the idea of making Metropolis more diverse in tandem with Superman's role as an inspiring immigrant. We already knew there would be time/reality shenanigans based on the nature of the current stories, Really had us going with... nothing we couldn't already suppose.

But I like your clues pointing towards a prank. I never look for much outside gut feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    So whether it's fake or not, the fact that this is even believable is kind of an issue, no?
    I guess, but I'd much rather hear it out Bendis' mouth before I share if I'm down or not.

If this is real, hit me with that source, then I'll play some ball, and we can chop it up all day bout the pros and cons on these ideas.

But till then, "you not slick, Dolores" is my motto lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Bendis has already mentioned the idea of making Metropolis more diverse in tandem with Superman's role as an inspiring immigrant. We already knew there would be time/reality shenanigans based on the nature of the current stories, Really had us going with... nothing we couldn't already suppose.
    Making it that much simpler to fabricate something for a prank. It's the same as theory crafting. You use clues in and around the subject, add in the writer's past tendencies, account for new environment, mix well, then sever for all to enjoy.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Dolores right now...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I guess, but I'd much rather hear it out Bendis' mouth before I share if I'm down or not.

If this is real, hit me with that source, then I'll play some ball, and we can chop it up all day bout the pros and cons on these ideas.

Making it that much simpler to fabricate something for a prank. It's the same as theory crafting. You use clues in and around the subject, add in the writer's past tendencies, account for new environment, mix well, then sever for all to enjoy.

Yeah, that's cool. Lying about an interview for a few hours on a message board, I guess...

Anyway, I think I'm tempted to see Krypton just because I'm already looking for new tidbits. That'd be a clever way to get sci-fi viewers into giving a comic a shot.

BANNED

I totally get you and that's completely fair! To be honest, it never even occurred to me that this would be a prank because why would someone go to all this effort to prank people like this? Especially the fans of Lois who, frankly, have already been through enough over the years. It's....cruel.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If you look at enough things in that interview, it's clearly a prank, I feel bad for believing it. Several grammar errors, Bendis being so direct with his opinion of the recent movies, a official interviewer for DC asking Bendis several questions about his time at marvel, the weirdly cropped images, randomly having designs for Lois from the 80s..lots of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah, that's cool. Lying about an interview for a few hours on a message board, I guess...

Anyway, I think I'm tempted to see Krypton just because I'm already looking for new tidbits. That'd be a clever way to get sci-fi viewers into giving a comic a shot.
    Plot twist: Dolores works for syfy, and this is the most fire (and confusing) viral marketing ever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I totally get you and that's completely fair! To be honest, it never even occurred to me that this would be a prank because why would someone go to all this effort to prank people like this? Especially the fans of Lois who, frankly, have already been through enough over the years. It's....cruel.
    You should really talk to Dolores sometime about their views on Lois. The views are relatively radical in some aspects. I don't personally agree, but I see the line of thinking, and the argument is thought out. If I may speak for Dolores for a moment (BECAUSE DOLORES WON'T COME OUT AND FACE ME!!!!) I don't think they see it as cruel. But, again, that's a dance you'll have to do with Dolores.

BANNED

BANNED

Plot twist: Dolores works for syfy, and this is the most fire (and confusing) viral marketing ever lol

You should really talk to Dolores sometime about their views on Lois. The views are relatively radical in some aspects. I don't personally agree, but I see the line of thinking, and the argument is thought out. If I may speak for Dolores for a moment (BECAUSE DOLORES WON'T COME OUT AND FACE ME!!!!) I don't think they see it as cruel. But, again, that's a dance you'll have to do with Dolores.
    I'm super familiar with their views on Lois and I wouldn't call them radical as much as the kind of thinking that is often painted as progressive when, in actuality, it's extremely misogynist. And, in that regard, the patronizing commentary here where "Bendis" paints Lois leaving her husband as some kind of feminist act (it's not) is nonsense.

You don't have to see something as cruel for it to be cruel. Causing female fans anxiety (which this has absolutely done not just here but other places) is cruel.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 03-15-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Somebody better answer that got damn phone because I freakin CALLED IT

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    What about that tatoo on your chest? Doesn't it say "LEFT, LOIS, LEFT?"

BANNED

7 pages.

That's a new record for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    7 pages.

That's a new record for me.

So....pretty sure a few women already told Rucka that you used him in the prank and I suspect he will not be happy about it. Just an FYI. I don't think these writers appreciate being dragged into this kind of stuff.