Page 239 of 613 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    While I agree he's earning some goodwill, I don't want him to spoil every last detail in his upcoming stories. I mean, if we already know every little thing that will happen in his stories, then what's the point of reading?
    Mine was more a comment on the second half of his big Unity arc, these are nice assurances it won't all be action/adventure throwdowns between Clark and Zarr and that we'll some good character moments for the other members of the super family.

As for "spoiling" us...I don't see it as that. These are teases for what's to come, not spoilers. We don't know the whys and hows of the developments, and all the spoilers we've had are from pretty good guesswork amidst healthy speculation.

BANNED

Bleeding Cool have a preview of AC#1004 up, and Lois' book is finally given a name

"My Life With Superman"

Excerpt

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...on-comics-100/

Couple of notes from the desk

Tell Clark I'm Back?

Physiology data:
    Star Labs

Leviathan Civil War?

Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-20-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s some god-tier art. Lol you just know people are going to flip out about Lois not wearing the “correct” suit. I hope she keeps the Rebirth suit and we get Clark back in the Reborn suit one day.
    " This proves Bendis is a HACK who disresepects continuity and secretly hates Lois and Jon and wants to kill them off! Bendis is ruining Superman! #bringbackjurgensnow "

When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As for "spoiling" us...I don't see it as that. These are teases for what's to come, not spoilers. We don't know the whys and hows of the developments, and all the spoilers we've had are from pretty good guesswork amidst healthy speculation.
    It also helps show people that Lois and Jon are still around and going to be featured prominently, and that Bendis isn't out to ruin them forever. Accusations that have been made with very little to no evidence.

Leviathan Civil War?

Yes ! Bendis will acknowledge the events of The Silencer ! I'm quite happy about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It also helps show people that Lois and Jon are still around and going to be featured prominently, and that Bendis isn't out to ruin them forever. Accusations that have been made with very little to no evidence.
    Bendis really can't win with that crowd. If Lois and Jon dissapear, the critics feel vindicated in their beliefs that he's phasing them out of Clark's life...and if they do appear, they will insist he's writing them all wrong and trying to sabotage them.

Master Hero Vladimir

Bendis really can't win with that crowd. If Lois and Jon dissapear, the critics feel vindicated in their beliefs that he's phasing them out of Clark's life...and if they do appear, they will insist he's writing them all wrong and trying to sabotage them.
    Bendis shouldn't even bother trying to appease those people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Bendis shouldn't even bother trying to appease those people.
    I don't think he does, he appeals to fans of his work and takes pot shots at his critics. He loves the attention either way and feels empowered by the control he has.

Master Hero Vladimir

I don't think he does, he appeals to fans of his work and takes pot shots at his critics. He loves the attention either way and feels empowered by the control he has.
    Well, we can only hope that power and control don't go to his head, lest we want a repeat of Civil War and X-Men.

You're right. Lois being absent for most of the Action #1000 celebratory issue and then missing, except in flashbacks, for nearly six months (and growing) after being written to make the questionable decision to leave with crazy Jor-El and with mystery that invites negative speculation about her and her relationship with Clark, is so obviously appealing I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. Add to that the constant touting of Clark as the best journalist and having loads of new female characters filling out the books during the unecessary absence, and Bendis' jerkish way of handling the concern and criticism, and it's just a recipe for content Lois fans. Seriously, put yourself in others' shoes and try to have some empathy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    You're right. Lois being absent for most of the Action #1000 celebratory issue and then missing, except in flashbacks, for nearly six months (and growing) after being written to make the questionable decision to leave with crazy Jor-El and with mystery that invites negative speculation about her and her relationship with Clark, is so obviously appealing I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. Add to that the constant touting of Clark as the best journalist and having loads of new female characters filling out the books during the unecessary absence, and Bendis' jerkish way of handling the concern and criticism, and it's just a recipe for content Lois fans. Seriously, put yourself in others' shoes and try to have some empathy.
    I rest my case

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hey, so, I got this quote from the Lois and Clark appreciation thread, and I didn't want to go all *adjust imaginary glasses* "but actually" debate on an appreciation thread lol I brought the quote over here, so I hope that's cool.

Some of the working titles for her book were revealed in AC#1001 as "I Married an Alien" and "Mrs. Superman", so make no mistake, this is the direction they're going in.
    There's the possibility that maybe they're bringing this back/recontextualizing into continuity....

And the idea is that Lois has technically been married twice, but one was in secret. Isn't the name "Mrs. Superman" in reference to the Mr. and Mrs. Superman strip that was, to my knowledge, going off the Golden age Superman being married to Lois show in the picture above? I think it might be a clue that Bendis left. But continuing on with the theory, I'm thinking she'll say that they ended it like it began, in secret.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yes ! Bendis will acknowledge the events of The Silencer ! I'm quite happy about it.
    I’m happy Silencer has been acknowledged by the rest of the DCU, especially since she’s probably the best book in the New Age of Heroes line.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-20-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    " This proves Bendis is a HACK who disresepects continuity and secretly hates Lois and Jon and wants to kill them off! Bendis is ruining Superman! #bringbackjurgensnow "

You jest, but I'd like to have Jurgens draw Superman again in some fashion. Especially since Bendis is expanding the line and restoring Superman as one of the DCU's pivotal characters.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You jest, but I'd like to have Jurgens draw Superman again in some fashion. Especially since Bendis is expanding the line and restoring Superman as one of the DCU's pivotal characters.
    Oh I have nothing against Jurgens at all. I thought his ACTION run was his best work in terms of writing the character since his original 90s run, and I agree i would jump for joy to see his pencils on a Bendis Superman project. It's just that there are quite a few people who were and still are angry Jurgens (and Tomasi) were replaced by anyone, let alone Bendis. i personally thought that Jurgens and Tomasi should have been given another year to bring their plots to more natural conclusions, but Bendis has been good for Superman overall so far and rather than wail and gnash my teeth over what I personally wished, I've chosen to set that aside and enjoy what we have and it's pretty damn good so far. I wasn't completely sold at the start when the announcement was made and was nervous in some respect but the proof is in the pudding. Every aspect isn't perfect, but then again it's never going to be perfect.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-20-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.