Page 240 of 613 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I rest my case
    Just because you're fine with the way they've been handled doesn't mean that they have been handled well and that the criticism is invalid. I certainly have never heard even one convincing defense of the storytelling so far when it comes to Lois and Clark/Lois. I also don't know how any fan of Lois or Lois and Clark could be okay with Lois and her relationship with Clark being almost non-existent for over half a year. A better writer would have been able to evolve their relationship, if that was the goal, and highlight Clark as a journalist by using his most important supporting cast member instead of flooding his work with his own creations and using bizarre contrivances to excuse long absences and lies.

Nowhere in either book has Clark been touted as the best journalist. The one allusion Bendis made to any sort of rank and file put Lois clearly at the top in fact, when he had Perry talking about what Clark needed to do if ever wanted to earn Lois's desk, paraphrasing heavily. Lois is still the #1 gun at the Planet just as she's always been, with her husband a step behind her. I don't know where one might have heard Bendis has named Clark Best Reporter, but its a complete falsehood.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo, big preview dump from Bendis...

Last but not least, Superman going nuke eyes in a way that I don't think I've quite seen before. His face speaks volumes. That clam somber look slowly giving way to what I can comfortably describe as an angry god.

Wow!!

I wonder if he's directing it to Rogol Zaar! Well, whoever it is, I think the results won't be pretty. No one want stand in the way of a pissed off Superman.

Master Hero Vladimir

Yo, big preview dump from Bendis...

Superman meeting Red Cloud it seems

Lois in what seems to be the Rebirth suit rather than the Reborn. Jon seems to be pretty amused by his mom suited up. She looks great btw. Really can't express how hype I am for getting some of Lois, Jon, and Jor's space stuff.

Last but not least, Superman going nuke eyes in a way that I don't think I've quite seen before. His face speaks volumes. That clam somber look slowly giving way to what I can comfortably describe as an angry god.

Excellent art! One of the benefits of Bendis' decompressed storytelling is that he gives the artists the chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nowhere in either book has Clark been touted as the best journalist. The one allusion Bendis made to any sort of rank and file put Lois clearly at the top in fact, when he had Perry talking about what Clark needed to do if ever wanted to earn Lois's desk, paraphrasing heavily. Lois is still the #1 gun at the Planet just as she's always been, with her husband a step behind her. I don't know where one might have heard Bendis has named Clark Best Reporter, but its a complete falsehood.
    It's more "best" as in the best to be using right now to speak to the power of journalism. He's spoken about how in this moment in history, with all that's going on in the real world, Clark as a journalist is more important than ever and promoted his run as a "Valentine to journalism today." Yet, Lois is sitting right there not being used when she is the better reporter and, since a lot of the issues of the day are related to sexism, the idea that Clark's journalism should be in the spotlight while Lois is absent from the story is perplexing. Add to that the inclusion of other female journalists in the story Bendis has been telling, and it feels like he will praise Lois in interviews but ignore her in his stories.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

By Alex Maleev, from 'an upcoming project' with Bendis:

Buh-bye

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I can't wait for Superman #4, it's a lot more compelling a Bendis run than what he's doing on Action Comics.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I can't wait for Superman #4, it's a lot more compelling a Bendis run than what he's doing on Action Comics.
    I disagree, I'm much more interested in Action Comics right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I disagree, I'm much more interested in Action Comics right now.
    Whatever floats your boat, man.
    Pull-List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Whatever floats your boat, man.
    I agree with him. Supes is one big action shlog with a really OOC Flash in it. AC is more grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I agree with him. Supes is one big action shlog with a really OOC Flash in it. AC is more grounded.
    I also enjoy the worldbuilding in Action more. Seeing how the crime world in Metropolis has adapted to Superman living in it is much more interesting than the Phantom Zone basically just being the Negative Zone.

I do have to admit, I feel I gave up on Action far too quickly.
    Pull-List:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think both sets of fans (Superman and Action) might wanna at least hop back on the adjacent book pretty soon. Over in Action we're gonna get the defining of Clark and Lois for this era plus we're gearing up for the Leviathan story line that's gonna star Lois, Clark, and Jimmy. Over in Superman we're getting Jon Kent back as of issues 6 and 7, getting Lois, Jon, and Jor-El's time in space, and we're actively working towards the present day beginnings of the United Planets, plus Val-Zod and some possible multiverse stuff eventually.

If any of that sounds interesting to you and you're not already reading both, then maybe check em out soon?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think both sets of fans (Superman and Action) might wanna at least hop back on the adjacent book pretty soon. Over in Action we're gonna get the defining of Clark and Lois for this era plus we're gearing up for the Leviathan story line that's gonna star Lois, Clark, and Jimmy. Over in Superman we're getting Jon Kent back as of issues 6 and 7, getting Lois, Jon, and Jor-El's time in space, and we're actively working towards the present day beginnings of the United Planets, plus Val-Zod and some possible multiverse stuff eventually.

If any of that sounds interesting to you and you're not already reading both, then maybe check em out soon?
    I think I'll do that, and hop back on board with issue 1003.
    Pull-List:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice! I really hope it's too your liking. 1004 is billed as a pivotal issue, and it's out this week.

Also, some Young Justice news: "the entire roster of young justice has NOT been announced. part of the fun of the book will be who shows up, when, and how. its different than any other team book."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...51688094715904

If I remember correctly Bendis said that the base team would be frequently texting young heroes to see what they're doing and if they're down to say the world real quick. Seems in comic hero availability will be a thing.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-21-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.