Page 514 of 613 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, remember all those years of DC being so against depicting Clark as Superboy in any context? They couldn't even call him Superboy in the Legion cartoon .
    I think that had more to do with the rights issue didn’t it? WB was getting sued by the Siegel Estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So, does this have anything to do with doomsday clock?

Did matt fraction confirm this? What about clark not recognising the legion in the current book?
    Nah it’s part of the leaked 5G timeline, Superboy was active in Smallville until McCarthy started campaigning against capes and Superboy retired until he became Superman. I think Superboy was just a Smallville legend to the rest of the world though.

Some tidbits from Fraction’s WB interview:
    -Repeating what KSD and Rucka said, Fraction got convinced to do the book while visiting Bendis
    -Fraction prefers to play with the more obscure characters if he can, which is why he picked Jimmy Olsen
    -He loves Metropolis and advocates on the “City Council” for them to focus on fleshing out that city. Says he’s the one who came up with the Olsens and the Luthors have a hand in the creation of Metropolis. There will be a dinosaur who becomes mayor for a week coming up in Jimmy Olsen apparently lol
    -Likes Mongul and will be writing him in the Villains one shot, wanted to try to flesh him out a bit
    -Wrote a Booster Gold story in the Heroes one shot
    -Said he likes the parallel of Superman coming clean with his identity while there’s a “War on Truth” going on and thinks there’s a lot of story potential
    -Jimmy knows Clark is Superman because he realized that there’s only two people who call him Jim

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

He's actually just writing Mongul for the Villains one-shot.

But yeah, great interview. Thanks for tipping us off, Vordan. Dunno about anyone else, but the vibe I was getting from Fraction was that he genuinely wants to keep in this world. And that squares with the fact that when know that he and Rucka came on assuming these were ongoings. Hopefully he gets something else in the Superman world because his whole vibe is great.

I also love how these special one-shots are being used for bits of character, interaction, and even personality filled gags that they felt my clutter up a proper issue. Love stuff like that, so I hope we get a bunch more in this era.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some tidbits from Fraction’s WB interview:
    -Repeating what KSD and Rucka said, Fraction got convinced to do the book while visiting Bendis
    -Fraction prefers to play with the more obscure characters if he can, which is why he picked Jimmy Olsen
    -He loves Metropolis and advocates on the “City Council” for them to focus on fleshing out that city. Says he’s the one who came up with the Olsens and the Luthors have a hand in the creation of Metropolis. There will be a dinosaur who becomes mayor for a week coming up in Jimmy Olsen apparently lol
    -Likes Mongul and will be writing him in the Villains one shot, wanted to try to flesh him out a bit
    -Wrote a Booster Gold story in the Heroes one shot
    -Said he likes the parallel of Superman coming clean with his identity while there’s a “War on Truth” going on and thinks there’s a lot of story potential
    -Jimmy knows Clark is Superman because he realized that there’s only two people who call him Jim
    I never expected Fraction to like Mongul.

I'm curious what his Booster is like.

I never expected Fraction to like Mongul.

I'm curious what his Booster is like.
    I think he said one of the first DC comics he read (he was mostly a Marvel guy growing up), was that old Superman team up book where Mongul and Warworld debuted. He acknowledged that Mongul is basically a ripoff of Thanos who is a rip-off of Darkseid, but does want to try to make something of him.

His tidbit about Booster was pretty funny but spoils Booster’s appearance in the Heroes one shot so I won’t outright say it. If you liked Giffen Booster I think you’ll like Fraction Booster.

His tidbit about Booster was pretty funny but spoils Booster’s appearance in the Heroes one shot so I won’t outright say it. If you liked Giffen Booster I think you’ll like Fraction Booster.
    Better that then The Gift/HiC Booster...

Lol I wouldn’t be worried. You’ve read that “To Have and To Hold” Spider-Man Annual Fraction wrote I assume? He’s great at drama and comedy, I don’t see him fumbling a more serious Booster if he wants to do that. But from what he said his Booster will be funny in a way that doesn’t make Booster look stupid.

Lol I wouldn’t be worried. You’ve read that “To Have and To Hold” Spider-Man Annual Fraction wrote I assume? He’s great at drama and comedy, I don’t see him fumbling a more serious Booster if he wants to do that. But from what he said his Booster will be funny in a way that doesn’t make Booster look stupid.
    Yeah, I think Fraction would have a good handle on Booster. He could definitely use some re-building now.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Christ, what isn't?

I'm so glad to hear that Fraction's enthusiastic. He's the booster shot Jimmy's needed for a while and I absolutely can go for more Fraction at DC!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Jon apparead for the funeral in the new Lois Lane issue, so I guess that confirms he'll be coming back and forth from the legion? (Unless this took place before he left somehow.)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jon apparead for the funeral in the new Lois Lane issue, so I guess that confirms he'll be coming back and forth from the legion? (Unless this took place before he left somehow.)
    Nah Bendis has said they’ll be treating the LoSH like college. He’ll come back to visit his parents and he’ll still have a presence in the other Superman books. Nice to see Rucka included him though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

With the Lois and Jimmy books at just over the half way point, and knowing that there's to be a line-wide relaunch with 5G, I kind of wonder what's next for Rucka and Fraction?

I keep coming back to the fact that they originally came on to these books thinking they'd be here for a lengthy ongoing. And given the fact that both writers are actively working towards and building overall story for the Superman world alongside Bendis, it would seem, I dunno, odd for them to just pack it up in the next 6 months.

Ideally they just get an extension--if not a damn ongoing-- in the 5G era, but if that's not to be, I'm reminded David Walker, co creator of Naomi, now being on Young Justice as co writer.

Is that an option here?

Can Rucka co write the more grounded Action Comics with Bendis, and Fraction co write the high concept Superman also with Bendis? I'm totally ignorant of the logistics here, but at the very least, from my limited perspective as a fan, that sounds like a damn fine time to me. Hearing Fraction describe how much he really digs writing Superman on the WB podcast legitimately made me smile. The great worldbuilding and consistency that's produced by these three friends working together is something that I don't want to see gone from the Superman world.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    With the Lois and Jimmy books at just over the half way point, and knowing that there's to be a line-wide relaunch with 5G, I kind of wonder what's next for Rucka and Fraction?

I keep coming back to the fact that they originally came on to these books thinking they'd be here for a lengthy ongoing. And given the fact that both writers are actively working towards and building overall story for the Superman world alongside Bendis, it would seem, I dunno, odd for them to just pack it up in the next 6 months.

Ideally they just get an extension--if not a damn ongoing-- in the 5G era, but if that's not to be, I'm reminded David Walker, co creator of Naomi, now being on Young Justice as co writer.

Is that an option here?

Can Rucka co write the more grounded Action Comics with Bendis, and Fraction co write the high concept Superman also with Bendis? I'm totally ignorant of the logistics here, but at the very least, from my limited perspective as a fan, that sounds like a damn fine time to me. Hearing Fraction describe how much he really digs writing Superman on the WB podcast legitimately made me smile. The great worldbuilding and consistency that's produced by these three friends working together is something that I don't want to see gone from the Superman world.
    Been wondering that myself. Rucka I don’t expect to stick around after his Lois mini wraps up. He’s got a ton of creator owned work as well as other DC projects he might want to start on like that WW BL book Diana’s Daughter. Fraction has got Hollywood work and I don’t know how much of that eats up his time but I could see him sticking around and getting on another book if he wants one.